Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Recent Topics
Topic Replies Last Post
Wedding gift... can someone help me to translate it? 6 2018/6/30 20:50
Aomori-Ken 0 2018/6/19 10:27
Certificates 0 2018/5/8 4:34
Home Project: Shadowbox 3 2018/4/25 21:44
Ichiba 0 2018/2/21 1:18
Report message:*

Re: It's hiring time again...

Subject: Re: It's hiring time again...
by Tessen on 2007/1/26 15:34:26

You'll need someone to sponsor you.

If you can wait another year, the best bet is to apply to The JET Programme and in your application, indicate that your primary reason for going to Japan is cultural and academic.

If you can't wait for the next JET cycle, then I suggest you look into theMOFA working holiday visa, providing you are within their restrictions (such as age - it's a youth program).

If you want to come over as an ALT, there are a few major ALT recruiting companies - Interac (you could be sent anywhere in Kanto, far from dojos), RCS (pays slave wages but probably can place you close to civilization). There are others, but they may not be able to place you in Kanto.

I work full time. I train from 2-4 times a week, depending on my work schedule, health, sanity, earthquakes and typhoons, size of laundry pile, etc. I sometimes travel more than four hours a day to and from work and to dojo on weeknights. It's brutal but doable. Other folk travel further than I do.

Good luck!
Today's Sponsor