Socialize

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

Bujin Magazine
Kutaki Postmaster
From Chicago, IL
Group:
村民 :: Villager
As some of you may already know, Hatsumi Sensei has granted permission for a Bujinkan specific publication on the internet. This magazine will be called Bujin-Kan (kan as in publication). The Magazine will be published quarterly and will contain articles from Buyu around the world. We are accepting articles, reviews, interviews, poetry, etc. from anone who wishes to send content. It is out hopes to bring together those who share Hatsumi sensei's vision as there are so many talented people in the Bujinkan that some might otherwise not have access to.

Soke has put Ed Martin in place to approve each issue and of course Hatsumi Sensei has the ultimate say on content and is free to use as he see's fit. A big thanks to Ed for taking on such a responsibility and for trusting me to present the Bujinkan in it's proper light.

Our first issue will be out in late March (Spring) but you can subscribe early at the reduced rate.

If anyone would like to contribute an article there is still time for the Spring Deadline (March 16th)

Please check us out and lets make this a success!

I would like to give a special thanks to Ben Cole for taking such an intrest in this project and helping to get it rolling, and to Michael Waschak and David Hamden for providing visual content.

Regards,
Mark Bush
www.bujinmag.com

Posted on: 2005/2/26 10:42
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Bujin Magazine
Cant Stay Offline
From Pennsylvania, USA
Group:
議長 :: Mod
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
I've just reviewed 6 of the articles for the magazine and think all of you will find them very interesting.
Ed Martin aka Papa-san

Posted on: 2005/3/6 3:25

Kutaki Postmaster
Group:
Quote:

Tengu6 wrote:
As some of you may already know, Hatsumi Sensei has granted permission for a Bujinkan specific publication on the internet. This magazine will be called Bujin-Kan (kan as in publication).

If this publication is official (as stated on your homepage) why is it not anounced at the official Bujinkan Homepage http://www.bujinkan.com and/or on News page of http://www001.upp.so-net.ne.jp/bujinkan/ of Ohashi-sensei?

Posted on: 2005/3/6 18:29

Deleted_
As for my site, I'll put some information if someone from the magazine asks me to do so. Soke usually doesn't ask me to do such a thing because he doesn't think much of the Internet.

Posted on: 2005/3/6 18:36

Cant Stay Offline
From Pennsylvania, USA
Group:
Thanks George, I'll email Markk and ask him to contact you. For my part I'd appreciate your doing so.
Ed Martin aka Papa-san

Posted on: 2005/3/6 23:48

村長 :: Sonchou
From Chiba, Japan
Group:
村長 :: Admin
Quote:

George_Ohashi wrote:

Soke usually doesn't ask me to do such a thing because he doesn't think much of the Internet.

This fact makes me quite wary of Internet sites that claim to be "The Official Bujinkan ." That phrase on the site in question was actually was set off a big red flag for me the first time I saw it, before I read here that it was affiliated with Ed. I think we have to be careful to realize that Sensei doesn't play favorites with anyone and rarely if ever grants anyone exclusivity. Maybe "An Official" or "One Official" is a better phrase, although it probably doesn't sound as nice.

In any event, I'm looking forward to seeing the content! Good luck with it!

Shawn

Posted on: 2005/3/7 0:17

Kutaki Postmaster
Group:
Quote:

kouryuu wrote:
In any event, I'm looking forward to seeing the content! Good luck with it!

Shawn

Yeah, I also hope that this kan (publication) becomes a great success!

It was and still is not my purpose to attack someone or something. It's just that I personally like a feudal top down approach of communication for official Bujinkan "things".

All the best

Posted on: 2005/3/7 2:11

Cant Stay Offline
From Pennsylvania, USA
Group:
You're right Shawn, it shouldn't read THE so that will be changed. It is AN official site but not necessarily the only one. Markk and I did talk about this earlier today and he said he'd change it.
Thanks,
Ed Martin aka Papa-san

Posted on: 2005/3/7 8:35

Kutaki Postmaster
From Chicago, IL
Group:
You guys bring up a good point. To claim exclusivity would go against what was intended in the first place, to present many perspectives of one source. After all, it will be the content that determines it's success....not the tag line. We will now call it "An Authorized Publication of the Bujinkan". Soke seems grants as much rope as we request.....it is my intention to use that rope to bind us together as Buyu, not to wrap it around my neck.

Thanks for your input.

Mark Bush

Posted on: 2005/3/7 11:37

Frequent Visitor
From Wollongong, Australia
Group:
Hi Mark,

I'd suggest that you get someone who is up to speed on IT security to check out your web site. I was having difficulty getting onto it tonight to check that my registration/subscription went through, and I stumbled on stuff I probably shouldn't have.

I can send you details on the specific issue as a pointer in the right direction. Send me a private mail, as I'm not going to post it on this site.

If someone else reads this post and knows Mark, can you please draw this to his attention.

Cheers

Jori

Posted on: 2005/3/15 20:15

(1) 2 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor