Socialize

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

New to Japan, looking for dojo
Just Passing Through
From Tsujido, Japan
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Hi everyone,
Please let me introduce myself. My name`s Levi Hanson and I`m from Houston, Texas. I occasionally pop in at a Texas seminar here and there and have met some great people. My teacher is Ben Pedraza in Texas City. When we aren`t training we`re either cooking good food or laughing at the tv. I believe his teacher was John Negrone, forgive me if the spelling is wrong.
Anyway, i just moved to Japan and am looking for a dojo to train at. I`m living in Fujisawa, just 1 hour southwest of Tokyo. Anything within an hour or 2 would be great. I`m still a beginner, just to throw that in.
My work schedule here is a bit eratic, but am free to train on wednesday mornings, all day thursday and friday.
If anyone has any contacts for me, i would be very thankful. Hope to see you all in training sometime.

Posted on: 2005/9/21 23:12
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: New to Japan, looking for dojo
Deleted_
Please email me. (See my profile for the address.)

Posted on: 2005/9/21 23:24

村長 :: Sonchou
From Victoria, BC, Canada
Group:
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
議長 :: Mod
Hi there Levi,

Welcome to Japan!
If you leave Fujisawa on the 17:27 train this Friday the 23rd, you will arrive in Atago (Honbu Dojo) at 19:29. Training starts at 20:00. You can find train schedules easily at hyperdia.com At the Honbu, you can introduce yourself to some fine people there and most likely find out about some other trainings at other dojos that are available.

Here is a schedule of Honbu training with maps, courtesy of George Ohashi. You will most likely meet him at Honbu training, if you go.

I have seen many beginners at the Honbu training so I don't think you have to worry so much. Just be polite and courteous and everything will be just fine! But it might be a good idea to read the Guidelines for Participating in the Bujinkan

And it is also a good idea to sign your posts with your full name. You can easliy check the "Attach Signature" box at the bottom of the post window and it will be added, provided you have put it in your profile first.

Hope that helps!

Posted on: 2005/9/21 23:35

Deleted_
Quote:

diamondjoe wrote:
If you leave Fujisawa on the 17:27 train this Friday the 23rd, you will arrive in Atago (Honbu Dojo) at 19:29. Training starts at 20:00.

Yes, but he can't go home..... can he?

P.S. It seems possible if he doen't get lost.

Posted on: 2005/9/21 23:38

村長 :: Sonchou
From Victoria, BC, Canada
Group:
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
議長 :: Mod
Quote:

George_Ohashi wrote:
Yes, but he can't go home..... can he?

P.S. It seems possible if he takes the Tsukuba express.

If he leaves Atago Station at 22:21, he will arrive in Fujisawa at 00:27 according to hyperdia.com

Posted on: 2005/9/21 23:44

Deleted_
Yes. So, it is worth trying.

Posted on: 2005/9/21 23:46

Kutaki Postmaster
From JAPAN
Group:
Quote:

levi@fuji wrote:
Anyway, i just moved to Japan and am looking for a dojo to train at. I`m living in Fujisawa, just 1 hour southwest of Tokyo. Anything within an hour or 2 would be great.

There is one dojo in Fujisawa. It's very close to Fujisawa station. I will let you know detail if you send me PM.

Posted on: 2005/9/22 3:02

Just Passing Through
From Tsujido, Japan
Group:
Thanks for the responses, everyone. I look forward to meeting you all in training. If you need anything, just email me. Talk to you later.
Levi Hanson

Posted on: 2005/9/23 19:41

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor