(1) 2 »

Kutaki Access
Villager
From Munich / Germany
Group:
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
村民 :: Villager
Dear all,

in my opinion the new regulations on the access to Kutaki froums is a good one. I fully agree with what Shawn and the others have written to explain why they have decided the way they have.

I would only like to propose to implement some kind of feedback after sending the membership card.

I have submitted mine a few days ago and do not know if it was well received or if I will have write access as from 01. May (in case it was of poor quality).

Just my 2 cents...

Posted on: 2006/3/17 17:02

Stefan Filus
Bujinkan Sakura Dojo Munich / Germany
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Kutaki Access
村長 :: Sonchou
From Victoria, BC, Canada
Group:
議長 :: Mod
Quote:

WindDancer wrote:
I would only like to propose to implement some kind of feedback after sending the membership card.

Hi there Stefan,

How would you like that feedback? In PM, E-mail or just as a reply right here to your post? Yours was well received, thanks!

Thank you for your comments!

Posted on: 2006/3/17 17:28

Villager
From Munich / Germany
Group:
Thanks for the information! Now I need no other feedback...

But maybe for others who send in their cards a PM would be handy I think...

Posted on: 2006/3/17 21:18

Stefan Filus

Permanent Village Fixture
Group:
Gaijin (Inactive)
Same here, I sent mine a few days ago. I would appreciate feedback via e-mail or PM. Downloading doesn't always work.

Posted on: 2006/3/18 15:34

Villager
From The Netherlands
Group:
I tried a couple of times to upload the image but i keep on getting the automated notification error.
I cut down the filesize even more but still the error is there.
I contacted the admin via the contact form but so far no reply to that.
Help?

Posted on: 2006/4/19 8:20

Villager
From Anderson, Ca USA
Group:
May I inquire into my cards image reciept? Is there a particular Admin. to contact?

Please, if the first question generates a response let it be by Email, an answer to the Admin. question as a post.

Posted on: 2006/4/19 23:44

From Chiba, Japan
Group:
村長 :: Admin
I've mentioned this to a few people who contacted me about it via PM, and think that I may have thought I mentioned it publicly as well, but maybe I didn't.

Since the last upgrade we have had some problems with the card upload modules for both the general membership cards and the Shidoshikai cards for Shidoshikai forum access. As such, implementation of the members-only forums as well as the annual "purging" of the Shidoshikai forum have been temporarily put on hold until the problem is solved. We have a talented programmer here at Kutaki (Steve Schmidt) who is working on it for us, and look forward to what he comes up with. When his code is finished, implemented, and tested, we will move ahead with the plans for card-holder access as well as a reset of the Shidoshikai forum.

Thanks for your patience and understanding while this is being done. The admins all have day jobs, as does Steve, so the new coding could take a while. In the meantime, pour yourself a mocha, sit back, chill out, and enjoy the site.

Best wishes,

Shawn

Posted on: 2006/4/20 11:03

From Chiba, Japan
Group:
村長 :: Admin
A big block of time has gone by since my last post in this thread - the programmer who was going to do the Shidoshikai access module for us fell ill and was therefore unable to do it. That left it to me to tweak and pick away at it little by little in my spare time.

After a huge push today to get it done, I think its finally workable. So everyone who has been waiting to update your 2006 Shidoshikai cards, and those who have been waiting to get into the Shidoshikai forum for the first time - you're now able to do so. For those who still have Shidoshikai forum access based on 2005 membership cards, you'll be able to access the forum until the end of July, after which time access will be revoked pending the upload of 2006 cards.

With this module now working, the next thing on the horizon is general Bujinkan Membership Cards, which we first mentioned back in November, I think it was - where general discussion forums on Kutaki will only be open to those who submit general Bujinkan membership cards. This idea generated a lot of discussion, with people expressing views both for and against the idea. We are still planning to go ahead with it, at least for a few months to see how it goes and what changes, if any, result from it.

Thanks, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site.

Shawn Gray

Posted on: 2006/6/19 20:42

Villager
From Munich / Germany
Group:
Just a quick question: HOW can I submit my ShidoshiKai card? I do not see any menu item - except the "MemberCard" entry which leads me to the form to submit the general membership card...?

Posted on: 2006/6/20 2:14

Stefan Filus

Permanent Village Fixture
Group:
Gaijin (Inactive)
I just attempted again to upload my card but got the same error. Is there something I'm missing?

Posted on: 2006/6/20 7:35

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor