Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic  Topic is Locked

« 1 (2)

B fricken S
Permanent Village Fixture
From Dallas, TX
Group:
村民 :: Villager
I want to reiterate Mr. Pierce's stand on Hatsumi Sensei's statement...

According to Mr. Pierce's word, Hatsumi Sensei told him to tell the world to not train with Mr Zhoughari...

Marriette Van Dierlette has spoken out on this board and no one knows who she is... She made three posts and everyone ignored her... Hatsumi Sensei doesn't... Who are you? Including Mr. Pierce...

Do a search.

Mr. KoRyu' rocks... Not a kiss-arse. a hello to an old friend... Who can't say abooot!

Posted on: 2008/5/11 18:01

Re: B fricken S
Cant Stay Offline
From Pennsylvania, USA
Group:
議長 :: Mod
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
James, you just really confused me!!!????????????? What do you mean "no one knows Marriette? If they don't where have they been for the last 20 years???

Posted on: 2008/5/11 21:20

Village Old Timer
Group:
Quote:

JamesGarcia wrote:
I want to reiterate Mr. Pierce's stand on Hatsumi Sensei's statement...

According to Mr. Pierce's word, Hatsumi Sensei told him to tell the world to not train with Mr Zhoughari...

I understood it to be that Soke told Mr. Pierce something and then another person told him to tell the world.

Posted on: 2008/5/11 23:48
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Deleted_
Quote:

Papa-san wrote:
James, you just really confused me!!!????????????? What do you mean "no one knows Marriette? If they don't where have they been for the last 20 years???

Training and not playing politics?

Posted on: 2008/5/12 0:42

Kutaki Postmaster
From Colorado
Group:
Politics or ignorance. She is a fairly senior practitioner in Europe and has if I am not mistaken real world experience.

Gadfly's are valuable so long as it is not all buzzing around.

Posted on: 2008/5/12 3:56

Alan Witty...
www.warriorwindma.com

Re: Important Notice Regarding Blacklisting of Individuals
Cant Stay Offline
From Sacramento, CA (USA)
Group:
村長 :: Admin
Not necessarily picking any sides here, but...

First it was "don't train with so-n-so because they aren't a Shidoshi".

Then came, "don't train with Shidoshi so-n-so because they haven't been to Japan". (passed Godan at local Tai Kai)

Then, it became "don't train with Shidoshi/Shihan so-n-so because they don't go to Japan regularly".

Then, "don't train with Shidoshi/Shihan so-n-so because they teach differently than what goes on in Japan".

Now, I am hearing "don't train with Shihan so-n-so because Shihan so-n-who says not to train with them".

Again, I'm not picking sides so much as just illustrating how confusing and distracting all this would be to someone WHO JUST WANTS TO TRAIN. Hell, it would seem that no matter who you train with, somebody is probably telling someone NOT to train with them.

When is this all going to stop? Should there be a yearly directory produced or active site page detailing who's ok to train with?

Spreading information like this without it being an official publication from Soke seems to only feed the monster. There is the wall of Shihan plaques hanging at Hombu, right? If their plaque is still on the wall, then wouldn't that be a good list?

It would seem anything outside of that is just political power playing and opinions. Or, is it a form of quality control, or social conditioning, to shape what goes on within the social structure - without a black and white approach of listing someone as "in" or "out", or "gets it" or "doesn't get it"?

Boy, I would think it would be terribly confusing for the vast majority of honest Bujinkan students worldwide to feel comfortable in who they train with. Does any of this affect the attitudes they have about their instructor/teacher?

Posted on: 2008/5/12 6:07

I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, or in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Cant Stay Offline
From Pennsylvania, USA
Group:
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
Darren I really appreciate your post! I think we all know that we are all individually responsible for our training. If you feel you are getting something valuable for you, make your choice. If you think that a choice will deny you something you wish to learn, make another. No one instructor can give you everything that can be useful to you and this is why it is valuable to see many different approaches and instructors. As always it is your choice and what you get will be the result of those choices.

Posted on: 2008/5/12 7:15

Villager
From Yamagata, Japan
Group:
There is the wall of Shihan plaques hanging at Hombu, right? If their plaque is still on the wall, then wouldn't that be a good list?

Actually, this is incorrect. There is a wall (well several actually) with plaques representing the names of the Judan. Judan does not indicate "Shihan", a word that is too often bandies about in my opinion.

Posted on: 2008/5/12 9:47
Japan.

村長 :: Sonchou
From Chiba, Japan
Group:
村長 :: Admin
This thread was started in the "Village Announcements" forum because it was meant to indicate a new policy which applies to use of the Kutaki website, not to re-open an old/closed topic from other threads.

Thanks for the positive feedback on this new policy.

Shawn

Posted on: 2008/5/12 10:30

« 1 (2)

Topic is Locked

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor