Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Socialize

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: The easy route is not always the best option!
Village Old Timer
From Dayton, Ohio
Group:
村民 :: Villager
I have always found Soke's videos a great stimulus for things to work on in class. It kind of Jogs the memory and allows you to look back in more detail as to how he was moving.

Marty

Posted on: 2010/11/3 8:38
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Shodan No Maki, by Van Donk?
Active Kutakian
From South Carolina
Group:
Well, I'd have to admit that I like videos as it let's me digest things at my pace. However, they are an add on unless you're a real driven and perceptive sort. Even then, given the nuance of this stuff, I'm not sure you'd get past the gross motor skills.

That said, I have had a video for a year or three and made no progress. Ego says blame it on a bad back and a big belly. I've been walking, swimming, and weight-lifting enough that I can possibly get back into an actual class. Locally there's no taijutsu but we have 2-3 aikido groups in town. Odd, given the size and culture of the town...

Sometimes there is a difficulty in accepting the loose organization and slow pace of progress. No words of wisdom for you on that, sorry.

Posted on: 2010/11/3 10:27

Active Kutakian
From Boise, ID
Group:
excellent advice and suggestions. I will try contacting Aric. There used to be a Shidoshi here named Mike Miraglia, but I don't think he lives here anymore. I haven't been able to track him down in any way. His website that's listed on winjutsu.com isn't up anymore. It will be a while before I can fly anyone out to help me because I don't have a big group (my pregnant wife and sister's boyfriend are it right now) and we are really tight on finances right now. You have no idea (well maybe you do) just how much I value the offer to come and train with us RJHIII. I am going to keep that in mind for sure. I've met Eric several times while training in Utah but I don't have his contact info. Could you please PM me it Mr. Seago? Thank you.
As to training in other budo, there isn't any I've found here. Only Taekwondo and Kenpo. I used to train in Karate for seven years before Bujinkan and I'm not interested in going back to that type of martial art. If anyone knows Mike Miraglia's contact info, could they PM me please. Even if he isn't here anymore he could direct me to his former students. Thanks everyone, I value and agree with all of your comments. Thank you.

Posted on: 2010/11/3 11:22

Kutaki Postmaster
From UK
Group:
YoruKage, is this place in Boise Valley accessible?
http://www.bvjudo.com/ The instructor is a judo rokudan.

There's also this aikido place that seems well-regarded on aikiweb http://www.komyozan.org/site/index.ph ... on=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

Judo would be my top suggestion if you can get to it though because it will give you good conditioning and understanding of kuzushi before you get a chance to start taijutsu training, and if you'll be traveling once a month, it will be a good way to reinforce what you're learning in between.

Posted on: 2010/11/3 11:29

Active Kutakian
From Boise, ID
Group:
Thank you, I had no idea those were here. The Judo club is a bit of a drive, but the aiki place is close. Thank you. I will have to consider those. I really miss Bujinkan training.

Posted on: 2010/11/3 11:40

Just Passing Through
From Germeny
Group:
If you are looking for hotel then you can search on google..

__
hotel regensburg

Posted on: 2015/2/16 0:05

« 1 2 (3)

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor