Dpinga

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 »

Sudden loss of aerobic capacity?
Active Kutakian
From South Carolina
Group:
村民 :: Villager
I'm not asking for medical advice, but could really use some help figuring out how to get my Dr to hear what I'm saying. I just started taking medication for hypertension (high blood pressure), but I'm not sure that's the only issue. The Dr seems to fixate on the HBP.

My training has included walking on the treadmill and I had gotten to 3.8 miles per hour for a 60+ minute stretch. One Saturday I walked a 5K in good time and then went to work right afterwards with no issues and good endurance recovery. That very next Monday I go back to the treadmill and after about 20 minutes my wife says I'm as pale as she's every seen a human. I feel like breathing is working but not the oxygen transfer. Ever since then I can't exercise at speed for more than 20 minutes. Though reduced energy outputs let me work out longer I can still push the "pale" envelop with even 3.0 MPH.

Thoughts or suggestions for things I can research? Bloodwork only showed a unusual little kidney activity. I've been taking Naproxin and Motrin for musle aches but have stopped both of those. As you can see, this hasn't been my hear for health.

Leam

Posted on: 2010/12/26 2:48

Re: Sudden loss of aerobic capacity?
Cant Stay Offline
From Pennsylvania, USA
Group:
議長 :: Mod
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
If you can get more oxygen to the cells both the energy and health improve --- at least according to the information I've seen. Those breathing exercises that Charles taught us are very helpful, I do them each day. What's your diet like? How much pure water do you drink each day, and I don't mean that which has the clorine in it. Do you smoke, use alcohol frequently, etc. All those things could be a factor. I certainly cannot and will not give advice on this, but you can look at what your habits are and see if they are impacting you. Other then that find a good doctor who recognizes alternative medicine too, Bennie Fang in Sydney, Australia is superb, but that is a long way from Georgia.

Posted on: 2010/12/26 11:02

Active Kutakian
From South Carolina
Group:
Morning Pap-san! Hope your Christmas went well!

In most things leading up to the issue I was doing well. Decent diet though I'm over-weight. 50-70 ounces of purified water 5 days a week, haven't smoked for years, minimal alcohol (3-4 ounces in the last 6 months), no recreational chemicals. The day before I had a blood test and hemoglobin was 14.5, within the recommended range according to whatever test they did. I'm tempted to go get that checked again. My circulation seems problematic; right big toe significantly bluer than left, left arm often feels like there's pressure in it.

Bleagh! Part of me realizes this is the hand I'm dealt but the rest of me is still mildly frustrated that I'm not as healthy as I was 30 years ago.

Leam

Posted on: 2010/12/27 3:41

Active Kutakian
From Australia
Group:
Hi Leam,

Apart from a 2nd or 3rd opinion, have you been tested for hemochromatosis?

Regards,
Matt

Posted on: 2010/12/27 5:27
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Villager
From Abbotsford, BC Canada
Group:
I'm not an MD. I recall there are some conditions that involve differential circulation issues in different limbs associated with hypertension etc. Maybe get someone to check your BP in different limbs and while at exercise.

I've had bronchospasms where I could physically move air ok, but felt like I couldn't breathe very well. Sucks. One or two episodes followed taking ibuprofen, so I don't do that anymore. Thats a bummer considering my budo affliction....

Chris

Posted on: 2010/12/28 3:46

Permanent Village Fixture
From No. Cal., USA
Group:
Leam,
Please see a doc immediately. With due respect to Mr. Martin, no qualified medical advice is available on this forum. What you are describing sounds acute and not something that you can clear up quickly with life-style changes. Your doc knows your history and your medication schedule.

I wish you good luck!

Posted on: 2010/12/28 3:54

Active Kutakian
From Redmond, Washington
Group:
I concur with Peter. Look to your close family or a medical professional for health advice as both have far more knowledge of your specific situation than anyone on a forum.

Posted on: 2010/12/28 4:44

Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Village Old Timer
From Dayton, Ohio
Group:
As a physician there is no way someone can accurately diagnose you over the internet. Problems causing exertional dyspnea include a lot of very serious problems that have to be ruled out. Close follow up with a physician is important to be sure you do not end up like so many of our fellow budoka, dead too soon.

Marty

Posted on: 2010/12/28 14:08

Villager
From Abbotsford, BC Canada
Group:
Quote:

Close follow up with a physician is important to be sure you do not end up like so many of our fellow budoka, dead too soon.

Ditto. Sorry, I also should have put that in, but rushed off. A good diagnosis will,lead to the best treatment!

Chris

Posted on: 2010/12/29 6:51

Active Kutakian
From South Carolina
Group:
Morning all!

Please note that I'm not looking for a diagnosis; I'm pinging the smart people I know to get clues to research and talk to a doctor about.

Genetic history is sparse; both parents are dead. One was adopted, and I have next to no idea with the other side of the family is. Father did have a lot of heart issues but as Pete noted, this is an acute onset. I just have no idea of acute what and live in the, um, not most advanced health care area of the state. Many folks here drive 4 hours past the local hospital to get to a big town.

All, I really appreciate your help in this. I'm not a medically trained person but I have no problems researching and dealing with a Dr that's off-base. I do like to go prepared with more information though, and your thoughts are helpful there. Totally disinterested in dieing any time soon. :)

Leam

Posted on: 2010/12/29 10:00

(1) 2 3 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor