Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic  Topic is Locked

« 1 (2)

Re: Training in Australia
Kutaki Postmaster
From Sydney, Australia
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Yes, yes, Kevin Hawthorne indeed !!!!!

Just the place to learn how to jump backwards into trees, and to talk in badly dubbed english.

Not to mention how to correctly wear your hood. I believe the hood wearing is a Certificate coUrse too. Nothing like a diploma in Hood wearing to spice up the ol' CV.

Posted on: 2005/6/10 16:07
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Frequent Visitor
Group:
Serious mate!!!!! I know people will think that you and I are joking but it's true! They have special classes on how to tie their "ninjer masks" and halfway through their spinning kicks, and three section staff training, their instructor stops them and bellows in a loud voice "Now is the time!!". A deathly still comes over the ninjer hall and everyone solemnly knee walks to their bags, puts on their masks and then commence training again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I swear, its true (ok maybe not the knee walk, but honest, i am not kidding!). Oh well, who am i to judge! To each their own, I had better stop this or this thread might get moved. Jedi, out!

J(o)e-Di De Cotta

Posted on: 2005/6/11 0:09

Kutaki Postmaster
From Sydney, Australia
Group:
Oh geez. Thanks for the laugh Joe. I just spat bloody coffee everywhere. Jedi out indeed !!!!

Tell you what, i believe it too. I attended a knife workshop in Melbourne recently, run by a Bujinkan instructor. It was open to all, and some of Hawthorne's "Shinobi - no - nothings" turned up. Their Taijutsu is abosolutly brilliant. Sort of like C3PO standing on ballbearings, it was THAT fluent. lol.

There was one Shodan that had the greatest knife defense technique ive ever seen. He kept getting stabbed !!!! That was it, brilliant. I mean, seriously, as the attacker, i had no where to go after that. It stopped me in my tracks. He gets knifed, and dies, thats it !! Nothing else for me to do after that. Brilliant technique, just marvelous. Left me stumped, totally defeated.

Posted on: 2005/6/11 2:02

Frequent Visitor
Group:
Quote:
He kept getting stabbed !!!! That was it, brilliant. I mean, seriously, as the attacker, i had no where to go after that. It stopped me in my tracks. He gets knifed, and dies, thats it !! Nothing else for me to do after that. Brilliant technique, just marvelous. Left me stumped, totally defeated.

Hey...thats my trick!

Just being curious, did Andrew Jarvis turn up for the seminar?

Joe De Cotta

Posted on: 2005/6/11 20:30

Village Old Timer
From oz
Group:
i aready am fairly good at that one too. is that the ninjur group that has to get 'hooded up' when shown a new technique????

at least the hoods would be handy if anybody you knew were ever to come by and see you 'playing ninjur' at 35.

a visit to the class is now added to my itinerary of the perth trip!

Posted on: 2005/6/12 13:45

Oldschoolcarpentry.com.au

Frequent Visitor
Group:
Quote:
is that the ninjur group that has to get 'hooded up' when shown a new technique????

Aaah.....I see, you have been initiated into the secret ninjer group! Yes the very same one i think. All due respect to them, when I saw wot was happening, a mate and i just had to excuse ourselves because we could hardly contain our laughter. Mushin was powerless against the humour of the event.

Heh, i could show you where to go wen u come down for a good laugh. Not to say that I have great martial skills but some of these places do give you the giggles.....like a ninjer place in perth which teaches you how to scale walls with shuko (even an indoor climbing wall just for that purpose). Gonna check it out after exams...........

Joe

Posted on: 2005/6/12 19:33

« 1 (2)

Topic is Locked

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor