Home Project: Shadowbox 3 2018/4/25 21:44
roufus
Ichiba 0 2018/2/21 1:18
Dpinga

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: Bo vs. Bo
Deleted_
oh bujin yes please don't get that started again.

Posted on: 2005/11/29 5:58
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Active Kutakian
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Dear Kizaru,

as stated in the FAQ the real name is required in the profile - there you can find it. I choose to do so, because in this way, it´s only for members obtainable. Which, I think, was the reason for this rule.

However, this is a rule, to sign with your name is not required, but kept to the choice of the member to do so. I choose to do not so. Well, you might not like it, but as far as I can see - I have the right to do so.

Anyway, I asked about what to do against a Do Uchi when eqipped with a Bo. Since I played a little bit around with the possibilities I still think a Hane-Age to fit best.

I also heard, that one should do just the same in a different angle. But I experienced, that it´s not so wise to attack the hands in this way. Since, while you hurt the opponent´s hand, the Bo is still swinging around. Doing a Hane-Age to the hands will lift Bo and hands up, making it mre secure for the defender.

P.S.: To everybody who wrote that I should ask my teacher, please note that if I could just ask my teacher, I would do so. Unfortunately I can´t, `cause there´s none here anymore. (Sorry if that might sound a little rude, I don´t know how to express it otherwise).

Posted on: 2005/12/4 2:28

"Thou art a child of nature.
Thou shalt know that it art a crime to murder thy mother.
Yet, I hear her skriek in horror ... "

Cant Stay Offline
From Hamina, Finland
Group:
議長 :: Mod
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
Quote:
GreyArea revealed:
P.S.: To everybody who wrote that I should ask my teacher, please note that if I could just ask my teacher, I would do so. Unfortunately I can´t, `cause there´s none here anymore. (Sorry if that might sound a little rude, I don´t know how to express it otherwise).

Sorry to ask about this, but what has led to this kind of (sad) situation? In my view all training should be done under a licensed teacher... within Bujinkan Dôjô atleast, and I'm rather positive it is the same in Tôshindô, too... Moving out of the area, or the teacher moving away, might cause problems, but still it does not cut the connection - am in similar situation myself at the moment, so

And, surely there are other teachers available if your old teacher has left the training "for good".... Teacher of your teacher's teacher fe.

Sorry to be a bit "nosy" on this...

Posted on: 2005/12/4 3:10
(Bujinkan Budōka since 1985)

Active Kutakian
Group:
Yes, as you guessed, he moved away. No, all bonds are not cut, but physical presence is out of question.

No there ain´t be any others here. And to be honest, I don´t wanna train with anybody wearing a black belt.

So that´s my situation. Actually I´m doing quite fine, but sometimes I have questions ...

Posted on: 2005/12/4 6:19

Active Kutakian
From 松戸市、日本
Group:
Quote:

GreyArea wrote:
... I asked about what to do against a Do Uchi when eqipped with a Bo. Since I played a little bit around with the possibilities I still think a Hane-Age to fit best.

I also heard, that one should do just the same in a different angle. But I experienced, that it´s not so wise to attack the hands in this way. Since, while you hurt the opponent´s hand, the Bo is still swinging around. Doing a Hane-Age to the hands will lift Bo and hands up, making it mre secure for the defender.

Well, it looks like you have everything you need right there!

Good luck to you!

Richard Maloof

Posted on: 2005/12/4 21:01

Deleted_
Quote:

GreyArea wrote
And to be honest, I don´t wanna train with anybody wearing a black belt.

So that´s my situation. Actually I´m doing quite fine, but sometimes I have questions ...

Well, then I guess there's no point in answering your questions since you don't want to train with Black Belts, and you're doing just fine. Who do you suppose are the people that will be answering your questions? White belts?

Have fun!

Posted on: 2005/12/5 4:38

Cant Stay Offline
From Pennsylvania, USA
Group:
How truly unfortunate for you sir. You obviously are unable to distinguish the differences in people as you have decided that all "black belts" are the same and not in a nice way. That is a trap, this assumption about persons in a group all being the same, either it will get you in real trouble or deny you help you need.
Ed Martin aka Papa-san

Posted on: 2005/12/5 7:28

Active Kutakian
Group:
Quote:
You obviously are unable to distinguish the differences in people as you have decided that all "black belts" are the same and not in a nice way.

Okay, there is some confusion about this and after I reread my post I see that I somehow failed in expressing it right.

What I meant was, that I don´t want to train under someone just because he has a black belt. It´s equal to me, which graduation a person has. I´ve trained with very good people and some of them were what one could call "low graduated".

However, they didn´t lack skill. And I have seen otherwise, too.

I´m not willing to hunt somebody to be my teacher only because he has a certain graduation. I let me guide by my 'feeling' about that person.

Sorry for this misunderstanding, I certainly didn´t want to state that I refuse training under a black belt in general.

Posted on: 2005/12/5 8:40

Deleted_
that's fair, thanks for clarifying.

However, answering questions like yours online is impossible. If you need real help with a training issue, then you should seek a skilled teacher and ask him to help you.

The truth is, most people are willing to dish out a lot more if they can look in your eyes. Otherwise, you don't know who you're helping, or what someone might be doing with what you're offering.

Does that make sense?

Posted on: 2005/12/5 13:45

Cant Stay Offline
From Pennsylvania, USA
Group:
Thank you for clarifying that. Your approach as now stated is what a person seeking training SHOULD do, you have a responsibility to yourself and your training to seek out someone that YOU feel can be of help to you. So as you see, I totally agree with that approach, just because a person holds a certain "rank" does not mean they can teach YOU well even if they can teach someone else well. We are all unique and have our own individual requirements.
Ed Martin aka Papa-san

Posted on: 2005/12/6 8:01

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor