Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Socialize

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: which time intervalls for the single kyu/dan-examinations?
Village Old Timer
From Dayton, Ohio
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Darren,

Sometimes, the student has to suck it up and take a higher rank. There are many reasons for pushing our students to work on material at different levels.

Marty

Posted on: 2008/12/1 16:21
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: which time intervalls for the single kyu/dan-examinations?
Cant Stay Offline
From Sacramento, CA (USA)
Group:
村民 :: Villager
村長 :: Admin
議長 :: Mod
Quote:

mrdunsky wrote:
Darren,

Sometimes, the student has to suck it up and take a higher rank. There are many reasons for pushing our students to work on material at different levels.

Marty

Maybe. Honestly, that's the struggle I've had for quite a long time. For me, I want to keep going, to just train and help others along the way. My giving rank promotion is nothing more than a recognition of their progress.

For them it could be a far more personal thing. If money is the reason for not accepting that, and they would rather use those funds to pay for more training, I can respect that.

If you had to choose between rank and training, which would you choose?

Of course, a "per rank" curriculum would hold them back at shodan and below material. But, I don't want to hold back any training, because it is also my training.

So, I just keep going and encourage them to do the same. When the time is right and the reason manifests for them, they will accept and pay for their ranking promotion.

Again, my line of thought on this is entirely a "work in progress" and subject to modification without warning...

Posted on: 2008/12/2 13:00

I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, or in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. ~ Thomas Jefferson
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

« 1 2 (3)

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor