« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 9 »

Re: Ninjutsu Website That is Pretty Cool
Cant Stay Offline
From Pennsylvania, USA
Group:
村民 :: Villager
議長 :: Mod
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
One thing to do first is ask to see their Shidoshi-kai membership and their rank certificate. That will at least tell you if they are associated with Dr Hatsumi. Next go to a class and observe, if it looks like it couldn't work have someone do it slowly to you and feel it. If it doesn't work it isn't worth learning. Find out what the reputation is of this instructor and who he or she trained with. Do your "homework" on them and then take a few classes before deciding. It is you time, money, and energy ---- you must feel it is has value to you.

Posted on: 2010/3/7 22:34

Honorary Villager
From Southeastern Massachusetts
Group:
Awesome...thanx. Now What about Dr Hatsumi? Isn't there some bad-mouthing about him on the internet?
Everybody bad-mouths everybody, so how can a person be certain of these people? That's what lead me down the teaching myself course...taking things that work and not having to listen to anybody. But that lacks discipline.

Posted on: 2010/3/8 11:23
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Kutaki Postmaster
Group:
Quote:

gabriel wrote:
Now What about Dr Hatsumi? Isn't there some bad-mouthing about him on the internet?
Everybody bad-mouths everybody, so how can a person be certain of these people?

Well if “everybody bad-mouth everybody” then it stands to reason that people would be bad-mouthing Hatsumi-sensei …. In fact by that logic everyone would have to be bad-mouthing him as he would have to be bad-mouthing everyone else.

I assume that either is means that since everybody bad-mouths everybody then you can be certain of nobody or assume that since bad-mouthing is a constant then it is meaningless and you can base your “certainty” of “these people” on your own judgement (which will also be bad-mouthing them since you are still a part of everybody).

Anyway, whatever you’re doing - have fun.

Posted on: 2010/3/8 12:10

Cant Stay Offline
From Pennsylvania, USA
Group:
議長 :: Mod
You have to choose to whom you give creditability and base that on what you know. I've been traveling to Japan since 1988 to train with Dr. Hatsumi. I can not express fully how skilled he is or how down to earth he is. Always find out for yourself, don't just take someone else's opinion. You have to do your own homework sir.

Posted on: 2010/3/8 12:53

Kutaki Postmaster
Group:
[youtube=425,350][/youtube]

Posted on: 2010/3/8 13:17

Honorary Villager
Group:
Thank you all for the advice.
Maybe I was being a little vague when I said that everybody bad mouths everybody. I'm just asking because people will eventually attack me again, and I need to know 1. who I can trust to train me, and 2. the steps I need to take to get accredited and recognized as a martial artist myself, and not a ninja fraud.
Isn't there a website or something that would have record of the accredited and approved schools and teachers, and a website that points out the known frauds and people to watch out for.
That't basically what and why I was asking.

Posted on: 2010/3/9 5:45

Honorary Villager
Group:
That was odd...kinda funny tho. Reminds me of Benny Hill.

Posted on: 2010/3/9 5:51

Honorary Villager
Group:
I have a question regarding my website...Most of you guys have visited it...
I can see what pages people visit and what link they came from for affiliate marketing research...I noticed that 95% of everybody that came from the kutaki forums only looked at the home page, the FAQ's, and the About Me/Us page...one or two visited the videos...
without checking out some of the REAL content I put up...like reading the billboard and not checking out the attraction. Is my impression really that bad that my website is automatically discredited because of my lack of schooling? Or is it laziness? (There's another forum where people were complaining about having to read a few paragraphs, so they just didn't and complained) Or is it that no one cares to help contribute the real information instead of all the lies out there online?
I'm not trying to be an A$$, this is a legitimate question and all answers good and bad will help me make my site better and more approachable.

Posted on: 2010/3/9 15:55

Honorary Villager
Group:
excellent video ducan i think your trying to say
dont take yourself to serious

blessing regard
alfred reid
ireland

Posted on: 2010/3/11 12:02

Occasional Visitor
From Australia
Group:
Hi Gabriel,
Couple things, it's hard to navigate the web site, and it's a bit hard on the eyes. Especially with the background being so busy and a transparent text area.
Most of us visited to get a general idea of the content or direction/intent of the site.

As for myself, being a computer guy I was a bit turned off by the design and overwhelming navigation options.

If you truly want to set up an encyclopaedia type of site. consider turnkey wiki or something. It's like having your own Wikipedia.

As far as the content goes, my personal and overrated opinion is that Hatsumi Soke is really the only genuine source left for true Ninjutsu. If it is indeed a Ninjutsu catalogue you want to create, I would start with guidance from the Bujinkan. What Papa-San said about Koge is very true so you need to make that part very clear. I am a long-time fan of Bujinkan but a new practitioner so I can only defer to others for the actual guidance.

Posted on: 2010/3/11 14:49

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 9 »

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor