Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 »

Re: Everyday items...
Permanent Village Fixture
From Toronto/Waterloo, Canada Eh!
Group:
村民 :: Villager
um... wow/eww

if thats real thats pretty crazy... and what kinda moron throws sissors at a friend?

could be fake cuz it happened off the screen and cuz no blood... then again would blood start flowing that fast? depends on the area.

still though... crazy!

Posted on: 2005/4/5 14:40
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Honorary Villager
From Santa Barbara, CA, USA
Group:
It is fake, you can tell, working in a medical field, you tend to know when a wound is real or not

Posted on: 2005/4/6 1:28

The way of the Ninja is the way of enduring, surviving, and prevailing over all that would destroy one. ~Dr. Masaaki Hatsumi~

Wherever I am, anyone in need has a friend.
Whenever I return home, everyone is glad ...

From Leesburg, Florida, USA
Group:
Quote:

shinobi11b wrote:
It is fake, you can tell, working in a medical field, you tend to know when a wound is real or not

I thought it was fake too, but wasn't totally sure. However, I found it pretty odd that the guy didn't seem genuinely concerned about the scissors in his arm. His voice and actions seemed to be opposite of what I thought would be a normal response.

Posted on: 2005/4/6 7:58
Florida Bujinkan Network

Active Kutakian
From Memphis, TN - USA
Group:
Maybe you guys are thinking too much.

Posted on: 2005/4/6 8:13

From Toronto/Waterloo, Canada Eh!
Group:
I all depends... during the first little while after an injury you don't necessarily feel pain.

I remember one time I cut my hand open (doing something stupid... using a wood carving tool to pry something I think) Anyhow, I cut my hand open and it didn't hurt at all, so I ran upstairs to show my brother (u could see all the muscles and tendons moving around) looked at it for about 30 seconds b4 it started hurting and then blood started gushing out... just a flesh wound but an example of how some people might react differently.

I'm pretty sure its fake though! I think something as blunt as those sissors would've torn more as they went in...?

Posted on: 2005/4/6 12:00

Deleted_
what about some dishes?
my grandmother has got thousand of old plates and cups.

Posted on: 2005/4/7 3:17

Villager
From Talihina, Oklahoma
Group:
The best weapon I ever had was the one I had in my hand at the time I needed it! carry A pocket with some coins and a leather boot string, also a piece of edged plastic about the size of a credit card but much thicker like a piece of plexi-glass carried in a wallet as an alternative to a pocket knife. But...empty handed has the votes hands down. unless you rip your arm off and grind the bone dowm on the concrete to form a point, being able to produce a weapon from thin air while wearing a thong requires one to have very good footwork and a little imagination. In the dojo and outside of it I have trained with these types of weapons, ie beer bottles, styrine cups, what ever you can get your hands on to get you out of the muck and rarely do you have the opportunities of being as lucky as james bond to have the ability to carry what ever he wishes with out fear of public scruitany. In my opinion, flexible weapons and shuriken are more abundant than bladed or rigid ones. and it's getting to the point that you can't even carry a pocket knife anymore. my answer is..."Use your Enemies weapon, he won't need where he's going."

"if you die, we split your gear"

Posted on: 2005/4/13 1:23

Just Passing Through
From Yokosuka, Japan
Group:
Ok. How about paper? Quickly ball it up and throw it at the face. It causes a fraction of time of confusion and protection of the face, leaving other areas open.

A jacket can quickly be rolled around the arm to provide a modicum of protection against small slashing weapons, and a little from bludgeoning, depending on the jacket.

Honestly, I've always enjoyed the prospects of those little 3-lb dumbells. They're light enough to really throw quickly, but heavy enough to have the inertia to cause damage upon impact.

Hats make good distraction devices, and grabbing it by the back and using the bill as a striking weapon dissuades others from continuing. Especially if you happen to modify the bill to have a metal edge on the inside. Just an idea.

I give this disclaimer now: I've had no training as of yet, and have never been in a situation where I needed to defend myself, but my mind for some reason assesses the martial uses of items around me out of habit. It is just the insight I posess, and nothing more.

Posted on: 2005/4/14 13:50

Villager
From Stockholm
Group:
Speaking of defensive usage of headwear:

Sap Cap

Posted on: 2005/4/14 14:05

Kutaki Postmaster
From Wakefield, England
Group:
Some uses for this would be 35mm camers film cases. The tops easily pop off and have enough space inside to use for metsubushi. Pens are good for Bo shuriken throwing or as a kubaton.

As what papa-san said, breaking a CD will give sharp edges. Depends on how it breaks. Bleach in a spray can. Hairspray (either the DVD film or a can). Cellphones are better for calling police than being used as a weapon. Can't call anyone if it is broken.

Your own nails. Grow them a bit and then sharpen them on sandstone or the mortar inbetween bricks of a house. Good enouh to bring up blood in some cases without effort.

Posted on: 2005/4/14 20:02

"Sensei, all your children have guns. What shall we do?"
"Let them kill each other, that way they will learn"

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 »

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor