Lost Password?

Register now!
Socialize

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

budo taijutsu & kenjutsu
Occasional Visitor
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Recently I have been very curious about kenjutsu, I have this incredible attraction towards swords I have searched and searched and cant find much on the subject of Budo taijutsu and kenjutsu, I have many questions, such as do they compliment eachother? I realize that Kukishin Ryu is one of the schools taught in budo taijutsu, but what about other schools of kenjutsu? Also, where can I take classes at? Most of the bujinkan dojos in tokyo?

Thanks alot

Posted on: 2003/3/4 11:55
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: budo taijutsu & kenjutsu
Deleted_
Quote:
I realize that Kukishin Ryu is one of the schools taught in budo taijutsu, but what about other schools of kenjutsu?

Most schools have kenjutsu. The 9 schools where taught individually (althoug at times some schools had the same grand master)
Gyokku Ryu
Koppo Ryu
Togakure Ryu
Shinden Fudo Ryu
Gikan Ryu
Takagi Yoshin Ryu
All have kenjutsu incorporated. I would't be suprised if the other 3 schools have it as well. Actually I will be surprised if I learn that they don't.

Quote:
where can I take classes at?

You dont mention where you live.

Take care
Ronald Pettersen

Posted on: 2003/3/4 15:15

where I live
Occasional Visitor
Group:
opps....

I live in the tokyo area, shinjuku to be specific . I was also curious about kendo, wether or not it would be benificial to my training... its quite expensive , but my school has it. Ive searched a bit lately and still cant find anything on the basics of kendo, I heard its only a few movements, so maybe Kenjutsu would be better for me. Ill take any links,thoughts , help, or whatever else anyone would like to throw out there. thanks alot

Posted on: 2003/3/6 19:27

kendo stuff
Frequent Visitor
From finland
Group:
Movement related:

http://www.ittendojo.org/articles/ken-12.htm

And little less 'harcore' text about kendo:
http://www.cam.org/~hiro/skc/english/hypertext/kendo.html

I hope this was what you were looking for :)

Posted on: 2003/3/6 23:24

Re: kendo stuff
Permanent Village Fixture
Group:
Although I can not help you with articles I can tell you this. If you want to be good in Kenjutsu you need to be good in Hanbo Jutsu and if you want to be good in Hanbo and Ken you need to have good Taijutsu.

One can see taijutsu as the trunk of the tree and the weapons are the branches (natural extentions).

If you are located in Metro Tokyo go and check out some of Someya's Shihan classes.

Posted on: 2003/3/7 7:43
七転び八起き

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor