村民 :: Villager
they are both basics ...

but what are they ?

and what are their differences ?

both are unarmed form ... i think ...

???

Posted on: 2004/7/7 11:31
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: what is the difference between "tenchijin ryaku no maki" and "kubudo no kihon"
Deleted_
"Kobudo no Kihon" is a video produced by Hatsumi-sensei demonstrating the basics and variation (both armed an unarmed) of Kihon Happo plus a demonstration of different striking tools. You should definitely buy this.

The "Ten Chi Jin Rayaku no Maki" was a densho produced by Hatsumi-sensei for instructors with an explanation of the most important kata from the nine schools of taijutsu. These represent a set of Kihon Gata (basic forms). This document is no longer produced and distributed by the hombu.

Posted on: 2004/7/7 11:55

Re: what is the difference between "tenchijin ryaku no maki" and "kubudo no kihon"
村長 :: Sonchou
From Chiba, Japan
Group:
村長 :: Admin
Gregory,

We just had this conversation on IRC and I told you that the difference is quite huge, that the answers are all over the Internet, and that you should make use of Google to find out such a simple thing before troubling someone else with the question. Do you want to be spoon-fed answers? Do you want to someone else to use their brain instead of you having to use yours?

Sorry to respond harshly, but this kind of thing seems to be symptomatic of many people's attitudes lately, especially on Kutaki. Think, for yourself. Judge, for yourself. Find out enough about something so that you can at least formulate an intelligent question about it, then ask.

Thanks, and have a good day.

Shawn

Posted on: 2004/7/7 12:01

Just Passing Through
Group:

i understand your reply very well ...

but it is not that easy being a total newbie ...

i bet you had a few questions yourself when you were once like us ...

Posted on: 2004/7/7 12:06

Permanent Village Fixture
From Toronto/Waterloo, Canada Eh!
Group:
you may first like to visit a prior posting titled "DVD advice needed please" in the books and video Hatsumi forum. http://www.kutaki.org/modules/newbb/v ... .php?topic_id=812&forum=4

From my understanding(not to be taken as absolute) kubudo no kihon translates to 'The basics of martial arts' this is the foundation of our taijutsu movement.

The TCJRNK however contains a great deal more techniques (all of the kubodo no kihon, and many others). And from my knowledge the TCJ was created by Hatsumi sensei as a resource for instructors and a basis by which to grade shodan. The TCJ is a compilation of many techniques which form the 'basics' of the Bujinkan. Learning these techniques allows you the basic proficiency required to learn more 'advanced' techniques(and then the goal is to forget the techniques and make them natural/nothingness...not that I can claim to have done that...).

Although I don't think that I would refer to either as 'basics', they can be just that but they can also become very advanced in and of themselves.

Hope that helps...let me know otherwise...

Posted on: 2004/7/7 12:07

Just Passing Through
Group:
Mr. Villager !!!

thats the answer i am looking for ... Thank you so much !!!

Posted on: 2004/7/7 12:14

Permanent Village Fixture
From Toronto/Waterloo, Canada Eh!
Group:
It appears that my posting speed was waaayyy to slow as it appears that in the mean time 2 far more knowledgeable persons have already answered you....

Quote:

Vendetta wrote:

I know I had those questions when I first started out...then I picked up several books, searched around the more reliable websites and eventually found what I was looking for (or got bored trying...in which case it must not have been that important for me to find the information.)

But Vendetta, you have to realise that we all started out, or are still, beginners. And I'm pretty sure that Shawn did have questions when he started out... now if only someone who understood the frustration you are going through could develop some sort of online information forum as a resource for Bujinkan students.... It appears that someone has already done this

Posted on: 2004/7/7 12:26

Just Passing Through
Group:

Posted on: 2004/7/7 12:38

村長 :: Sonchou
From Chiba, Japan
Group:
村長 :: Admin
Quote:

Vendetta wrote:

Hi Gregory,

"when you were once like us" ...
There is no difference between me and you (plural).
There is only "us."

I started out before the Internet really took off, and there was next to no information online. I had questions, lots of them. What did I do?

- Hunted out, bought, and read all the material I could find, in the area of martial arts magazines and books
- Scoured the yellow pages and white pages of every phone book I could find in every city or town that I found myself in looking for a dojo or martial arts supply store that could give me some information
- Joined the "Shadows of Iga Society" (for 1 year) and corresponded with Mr. Hayes.
- Joined RBWI (Robert Bussey's Warrior International) (for 1 year) and corresponded with Mr. Bussey
- Practiced what I could gain from the above resources.
- Travelled to Japan

What I am trying to say is that the above search took a significant amount of effort, time, and money, and that eventually paid off. It took a little more effort than taking 3 minutes to post a question to an Internet forum. I had already suggested on IRC that you simply Google for the information, but from my perspective even that was too much effort for you. That's what kind of ruffled my feathers. If you had at least taken 10 or 15 minutes to search Google, you could have asked a much more intelligent question, and gained more respect from people in the process.

Put in your own effort, if not in actual training because you are not at that stage yet, then in the search for a means to actual training. You get out what you put in.

Thanks,

Shawn

Posted on: 2004/7/7 12:52

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor