Dpinga

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Really nice Senban Shuriken
Honorary Villager
From New Jersey
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Sorry to go and cause problems Nightbird & Spectac. (I just joined yesterday.) I will PM for link related info in the future so as not to get anyone in trouble.

Posted on: 2004/11/8 12:45
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Honorary Villager
From New Jersey
Group:
Holy cow!! What great shuriken!!! I just got them yesterday. These are the shuriken I have seen for years but have never been able to find. Really sweet. Thank you for sharing this link! Without it, I would never have known about these sweet shuriken!

Posted on: 2004/11/21 15:39

Bo Shuriken
Kutaki Postmaster
From Honolulu
Group:

Has anyone tried the bo shuriken that Peter Boylan sells through Mugendo Budogu? They are pretty pricey at $47 a pop but I really like them. I have never tried senban shuriken but sooner or later I will.

Posted on: 2004/11/21 17:16

Deleted_
Could someone/anyone, please, e-mail the link for Mr Ed Green to my email? I have been seeking genuine senban shuriken for as long as I can remember. It would make me more happy than you could ever know. Thank you - Crafty

Posted on: 2005/8/14 6:06

Deleted_
Also seeking link to Ed Green's site, would hump legs for info.... heh j/k ty -Kurai

Posted on: 2005/8/14 6:20

Unsubscribed
Deleted_Unsubscribed
PM'd instead

Posted on: 2005/8/14 22:40

Just Passing Through
From Bedford, TX (United States)
Group:
Would it be possible for myself to recieve this link, as well? I would be much appreciative. Either via pm or e-mail (kaiouss@gmail.com) would be fine.

Thanks so much.

Posted on: 2005/8/27 3:39

Deleted_
I buy some thick sheets of steel for senban and 3/8" steel rods for bo from Lowes and make my own. Granted the quality of the steel sucks, and the craftsmanship is pretty shabby, but I enjoy making them then throwing them. Not to mention you can save a lot of cash. I think I have learned a few lessons in physics from this too. Poor quality throwing weapons are VERY hard to throw unless you do it absolutely correctly. A good thing?

Posted on: 2005/8/27 4:12

Deleted_
Quote:

Addam wrote:
I buy some thick sheets of steel for senban and 3/8" steel rods for bo from Lowes and make my own. Granted the quality of the steel sucks, and the craftsmanship is pretty shabby, but I enjoy making them then throwing them. Not to mention you can save a lot of cash. I think I have learned a few lessons in physics from this too. Poor quality throwing weapons are VERY hard to throw unless you do it absolutely correctly. A good thing?

Lots of good lessons to be learned making your own tools.BTW the thinner a senban or any other Hira type shuriken the better.The other thing to remember is that, they were mostly made from iron in the old days not carbon steels.
They were a single use throw away weapon (in general) so did not need to be made from expencive to produce carbon steels.So the soft metals are fine to make them from. I have ones made from mild steel, copper, brass and carbon steels that I use.If the tips get damaged on the softer metal ones while training you can just lightly tap them back straight with a rock hammer etc.I would also guess that the iron ones would have had several advantages over steel ones in real combat but I will leave that for you guys to figure out

Posted on: 2005/8/27 13:57

Village Old Timer
From oz
Group:
lack of tetinus shots for one...

Posted on: 2005/8/27 15:42

Oldschoolcarpentry.com.au

« 1 (2) 3 »