schistkicker

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Sensei and the War
Active Kutakian
From Barcelona (Spain)
Group:
村民 :: Villager
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
This is a question for those of you who are now in Japan or had been this last days...

Did Hatsumi Sensei or the japanese Shihan express any idea or feeling or comment about the war in Irak ?

Another question: what about this "new" disease, the asian pneumonia? I will be in Japan in two weeks and we have no information about it in Japan... Anyone can help?

Posted on: 2003/3/26 2:53

Dani Esteban -Koryu-
Bujinkan Bushi Dojo
Barcelona (Spain)
http://bushidojo.wordpress.com
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Sensei and the War
Active Kutakian
From Barcelona (Spain)
Group:
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
anybody?

Posted on: 2003/3/28 2:24

Dani Esteban -Koryu-
Bujinkan Bushi Dojo
Barcelona (Spain)
http://bushidojo.wordpress.com

thoughts
Deleted_
I'm sure Hatsumi soke and the shihan each have their own views on the situation in Iraq, but I doubt they're in a hurry to take a public stance either way. They've never done that sort of thing in the past (to my knowledge) and I wouldn't expect them to start now.

I also think it would be tremendously unpolite for opinions given privately to be made public, which may well explain the silence in response to your query.

As for the disease issue, try the Japan Times. Read up on it from as many sources as you can. That's all anyone can do, in or out of Japan.

Hope this helps!

Posted on: 2003/3/29 3:03

Re: Sensei and the War
Village Old Timer
From San Francisco, California, USA
Group:
Quote:
Another question: what about this "new" disease, the asian pneumonia? I will be in Japan in two weeks and we have no information about it in Japan... Anyone can help?
It doesn't appear to be a problem there -- at least, not yet. However, I just found this today:
Quote:
70 Japanese stayed at SARS hotel in H.K.

Yomiuri Shimbun

Seventy Japanese and seven foreign residents in Japan stayed at the hotel in Hong Kong from which the mystery pneumonia Chinese authorities say has claimed the lives of 54 people spread to a number of countries, the Health, Labor and Welfare Ministry said.

After Hong Kong's public health authorities provided the information as a precaution, the ministry immediately called on those who developed a fever or cough after staying at the hotel to receive medical checkups after returning home.

A Chinese medical professor, who stayed at the Metropole Hotel in Kowloon, Hong Kong on Feb. 21-22, started the outbreak by transmitting the disease, known as severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS), to seven people, three of whom died.

Two Japanese people stayed at the hotel at the same time as the professor. As the incubation period for SARS is two to seven days, the ministry extended the period in which they considered hotel guests had been at risk, and found that 77 Japanese and foreign residents in Japan stayed at the hotel between Feb. 18 and March 3.
So, things could begin picking up shortly. . .

Posted on: 2003/3/29 7:38

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor