Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

E-budo
Frequent Visitor
From Kalamazoo, Mi
Group:
村民 :: Villager
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
Hi guys,

I'm a new member here but i've visited both e-budo and here kind of watching this discussion (in it's many forms) over some time. I don't have nearly as much experience as most of you- i've only been with the Bujinkan for a little over a year, and it is also my only MA experience. With that in mind i'd just like to say that what drew me to the Bujinkan was that it offered MUCH more than the ability to defend myself physically. How much more, i have no idea...and that's the great part about it since i learn more and more each day that opens my mind and eyes and makes me say "wow". If i want to find the treasures that are available through training it's incumbant on me to be patient and find the right sources. Fortunately i'm lucky as my sensei trains with Soke directly and maintains a good relationship with him, and also people like Ben (Cole) have been courteous enough as to guide me in the right direction. Well, before i get into a novel-length post I'll just say that even though i'm only at the start of my road i can still tell the difference between E-budo and Kutaki no Mura, and i can also tell the difference between guidance and preaching. Personally i'm pretty much at the point where E-budo just seems like a waste, and more pointedly just bad budo in general. Like i said, i'm no expert by any means but it just seems like a very egocentric site.

Thanks for listening and i hope i didn't come off disrespectful as I have nothing but the utmost respect for all the hard work and training people put in and share with "newbies" like me

Jed Konopka

Posted on: 2003/3/26 6:48
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: E-budo
Frequent Visitor
From Kalamazoo, Mi
Group:
村民 :: Villager
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai

I suppose posting in the wrong forum by not hitting "reply" only reinforces my status as an aforementioned newbie...

*doh!*

Jed Konopka

Posted on: 2003/3/26 6:58
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor