Wedding gift... can someone help me to translate it? 6 2018/6/30 20:50
Barga18
Aomori-Ken 0 2018/6/19 10:27
hanzo-tou
Certificates 0 2018/5/8 4:34
schistkicker

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Why there is`nt any real ninjutsu movies?
Village Old Timer
From oz
Group:
村民 :: Villager
[quote BTW - The Last Ninja was a great film. I only ever saw it once and always wanted to see it again. Does anyone know where copies can be obtained?/quote]

it is really hard to get andy, i think because it was a tv movie or something. however i did have it on tape at home in scotland when i'm there at xmas i'll try to find it (but who knows what condition it will be in after 3.5 yrs in storage, 10 yrs after i taped it!) fingers crossed.

i might venture into wales on the way and kick some taffy butt!

yep iv'e done this thread too, got ton of emails of people begging for a copy of that movie!

####NOTE: I NEED TO FIND IT, NO GUARANTEE'S####

and yup bo's movie stinks like satans socks, so boring i lasted 10 mins.

Posted on: 2004/10/19 21:54

Oldschoolcarpentry.com.au
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Just Passing Through
From Q u e e n s , New York City
Group:
You know, personally, i havent talked much on the site. But i kinda felt compelled to say something about this. I consider myself an Actor. Of course we all know that the art of acting to the ninja was equally vital. I mean i've taken those classes in high school and even graduated from an acting school john casablanca's (even thou i felt it was an amateurish school, no offense, but ppl graduated from that school that i felt just werent convincing enough emotionally to be actors. not saying that i am thou ::bujinkan grin:: lol. And i was 110% positive that Acting was the career for me (due to the fact that i was thinking about something greater...being the first actual true ninjutsu practioning martial arts star...thatz big rightz!?! lol) anyway i was young then (still am, lol). But like the winds, faith put me in a new direction, one i hopefully wont abandon too! hah hah. I know this is beginning to be long, sorry ::shakes head::. But for 1, i asked myself a lot of questions...like me? im think im really patient, but will i not be so patient when that camera snaps me one more time? and will i jump off the toilet chashing the papparazzi with my bisento? (guns are overrated, lol) Secondly i hate gossip, and am not sure if i could stand tabloids talkin shit about me if i were to get big. Thirdly, im a very private person, like Soke i smiled when i read that a doctor told him he seemed bold yet timid sometimes, and even though acting brought my voice out more, i've i know about myself that i've always been that type of person. There's just so many things that i asked myself about this job. BUT.........Most importantly.........What effect would my motives have on the people? The general public??? Do i really want the whole WORLD knowing about this art??? (not that im selfish with it) I hate the stereotypes but then again maybe they are good in an aspect. How would my Bujinkan brothers and sisters feel about this? (especially after the ninja-crazed maniacs stormed their dojo's, i think they'd have the feeling...the feeling of wanting to bust my ass, lol) If the whole world became a bunch of ninjas the world would be a pretty boring place dont you think? I mean who's ass are we gonna kick??? You we are the undisputed master's of the ass kick method, lol. I mean im not judging them man but lets face it, we already have enough arrogant muth*******'s in the Bujinkan, do we seriously wanna attract more? There's some good apples as far as the public is concerned, But i just like to have a philosophy of balance mentally and spiritually. So some things i just feel our meant to stay not so known. Maybe i would do some underground projects or something...but strictly for us only...Soke can play my adopted pop in the movie, ahahhha.

Posted on: 2004/10/20 2:06

Permanent Village Fixture
From Antwerp Belgium
Group:
Quote:

MWDAndy wrote:
Perhaps the best film he was involved in was "The Challenge" starring Scott Glenn and Toshiro Mifune. Seagal was the choreographer on this film which is well worth seeing if you get the chance, if only for Mifune's performance alone.

Oh yes! This is a great one! Still eagerly awaiting it's release for the Benelux Market... region 2 with Dutch subtitles...

@ Shin Tru:
Boy oh boy...
Starting at a new line every now and then makes your writings much more readable... _MSC_CLICK_TO_OPEN_IMAGE

Posted on: 2004/10/20 7:20

Shodan Bujinkan Budō Taijutsu
"Shodan" means "beginners grade"...

Villager
Group:
I agree with the folks who suggested that people wouldn't "get" a real ninjutsu movie. Even Jet Li, who in my opinion, is an excellent martial artist (at least his styles appear authentic on film ) choreographs the fights carefully so that they look good, realism be damned...which is why the bad guys attack one-by-one, etc. To make ninjutsu look good, you'd have to change the techniques...and a lot of the really cool stuff is the hidden stuff, so unless you did a lot of cheesy "xray" effects or something to highlight the hidden strikes, etc., no one would see 'em.

I think I've said this before on Kutaki, but it works again here: my fiancee watched class once or twice and said she was bored out of her mind because "it looked like you guys weren't doing anything!" ...and she loves kung fu movies...so I'm guessing she wouldn't like a ninjutsu movie.

Whoever it was in this thread who mentioned about the Special Forces guys hit the nail on the head...Hollywood is all the style, not the substance.

~D

Posted on: 2005/1/15 11:00

Villager
From Stockholm
Group:
In the movie "Kagemusha" by Kurosawa, at one point a couple of guys are lying in the grass spying on Takeda Shingen's impersonator asking among themselves something like "hey, is that really the general?"
That's pretty much the closest you'll get to a realistic portrayal of ninja in "mainstream" cinema IMHO.

Posted on: 2005/1/15 13:46

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor