Wedding gift... can someone help me to translate it? 6 2018/6/30 20:50
Barga18
Aomori-Ken 0 2018/6/19 10:27
hanzo-tou
Certificates 0 2018/5/8 4:34
schistkicker

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: The feeling of Ki and how did YOU react the first time?
Active Kutakian
From Brisbane, Australia
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Quote:

dazza wrote:

i think perhaps we may be on shakey ground with this one, and not that i know anything about ki, but would foreseeing the future not be of the pyscic nature rather than ki? and are the perception of anothers intention ki also?
maybe we should be careful not to bundle everything together and call it 'ki'

...I'd like to clarify that I did not mention forseeing the future in my post (if you're referring to my post); he 'felt' a very strong sense of loss at the time that it occurred (or shortly afterwards).

I suppose you could say that this is 'psychic' but 'spiritual' I believe is just as appropriate in this context, and my old man is definitely not 'psychic' or has ever experienced anything else remotely like this as far as I know; it was just the result of his life partner passing away (?)

I'd agree with you about not bundling everything together under 'ki', though I believe that these things can often come bundled together.

Quote:

...but as for sending out ki blasts, blocking or redirecting and picking up stuff, i will leave that to master yoda. "green puppet he is"

'use the forks homer'

Posted on: 2004/10/26 21:49

Active Kutakian
From Brisbane, Australia
Group:
Quote:

dazza wrote:
while i agree, it is unfortunately also a magnet for interesting personality types, i like the little village of 9 waterfalls just the way it is, maybe i'm wrong though but i have seen what happens else where. although we should be able to talk freely in an ideal word, i fear we do not live in an ideal world

Yeah, I think I know what you mean. I can see why some people don't like these sort of topics, however I believe they're as ok to discuss as any other topic on the net.

Posted on: 2004/10/26 21:57

Village Old Timer
From oz
Group:
"...I'd like to clarify that I did not mention forseeing the future in my post (if you're referring to my post); he 'felt' a very strong sense of loss at the time that it occurred (or shortly afterwards.........."

no, sorry ed, i was on about the guy who knew every kendo attack that was comming. not to mock him, but to wonder if that skill is ki.

Posted on: 2004/10/26 22:08

Oldschoolcarpentry.com.au
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Active Kutakian
From Brisbane, Australia
Group:
Oh right, sorry about the mix up

"very clouded the future is" - green puppet

Posted on: 2004/10/26 22:10

Honorary Villager
From Sweden
Group:
Quote:

dazza wrote:
" no, sorry ed, i was on about the guy who knew every kendo attack that was comming. not to mock him,
but to wonder if that skill is ki.

No offens taken dazza. It's just that noone that I talked about this seems to know a greate deal about it. (so it's good to have found a forum with competent people)

I don't know what else to call my feeling. Maybe it was some energy-flow between us, or something else... but SOMETHING weird happened. Thats for sure. Never felt it again though.

I think I've bin thinking in the same way as you dazza, that Ki is a word that's bin used much to often in different kinds of 'feelings' or techniques.
First when I tried to sort it out, I wanted to divide Ki into offensive and deffensive parts... But I'm not sure thats correct to do. There seems to be so many ways people use their energy.
Chineese Kung Fu speaks much of Ki, or Chi, and I've read stories when they use the energy to both heal or hurt. And the indian munks, don't they talk about prana?? And they seems to be able to tell the future and stuff.... And more? In akupunkture & akupreasure, don't they try to help or prevent your Ki flow through your body?

Has anyone here heard anyone else call those different kinds of usage of energy for anythink else then just Ki?

Posted on: 2004/10/26 23:19

Deleted_

Posted on: 2004/10/26 23:46

Villager
From Stockholm, Sweden
Group:
Quote:
For me it was under a fight in my old Kendo-dojo I got this strange feeling and it was like I knew for the whole match what my oponent was about to do, every move for about 3 minutes... ... And after that I just sat down staring into the wall and thought 'What the h*ll was that'...

To me, this sounds like what modern psychologists call flow.

Posted on: 2004/10/27 0:20

I might repeat to myself slowly and soothingly, a list of quotations beautiful from minds profound - if I can remember any of the damn things.
Dorothy Parker

Frequent Visitor
From Maine
Group:
http://www.npr.org/rundowns/segment.php?wfId=3622405

not "ki", but more along the lines of knowing what is about to happen.

Posted on: 2004/10/27 3:11

Active Kutakian
From Sweden
Group:
I think Soke has said that this art is beyond Ki. And I also think that there are infinite forms of energy in this universe. You could call it Ki, but only as a matter of conveniance. Maybe something like "spiritual energy" or "a feeling for the natural"? After all, if we can experience these energies or whatever, they must be a part of nature. And just because we don´t have a machine that can measure them yet it doesn´t mean they don´t exist.

Johan Grönwall

Posted on: 2004/10/27 7:35

Kutaki Postmaster
From Adelaide
Group:
anyone can always read dr glen morris "pathnotes of an american ninja" in relation to more esoteric "ki/chi/prana" things... (or read up on many of the authors from traditional chinese medicine etc) I can feel chi/ki and so on (within myself?)but havent really been able to use it, I too have the "strange sensations" (I seem to be able to feel people's energy when they are genuinely trying to explain something to me?) but how does any of that help me? I have an interest in it (I like unexplained mysteries) but at the moment, focusing on tai jutsu seems more beneficial (Im at work so I can't remember the thread or who said it,... but they said to gain proficiency in tai jutsu before exploring tai chi/ba gua etc... and some of this stuff was discussed last year, so please do a search for it)

Gambatte

Posted on: 2004/10/27 9:42

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor