Home Project: Shadowbox 3 2018/4/25 21:44
roufus
Ichiba 0 2018/2/21 1:18
Dpinga

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

SARS Advice
Deleted_
I was going to put this one in the Shodoshi Kai forum but...Hehehehe

Most of the Shidoshi here run schools and we are sorta responsible people. SARS is a highly contagious airborne virus. In my school I have lots of students of all age gather. The disease incubates and is communicable while it incubates. So one person could have it come in and train and infect the school. SARS has not YET been identified in Victoria however, there are several people in quarrantine here in town. Great. One school has shut down as it had kids in Hong Kong for the start of it.
So here's what I need advice on.
At what point or stage do I close the school for trtaining. Once everyone is ill is too late and very stupid. SARS has NOT yet been positively identified here. So closing it down now is too soon. What point would you close your school down to protect your students.

Thanks.

Posted on: 2003/4/4 2:44
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: SARS Advice
Occasional Visitor
Group:
村民 :: Villager
I think it might be a good idea to shut it down until the epidemic passes. Better to shut it down early than to wait until it has been identified at your locale only to learn that one of your students was incubating it and passing it along. ..for safety's sake.

Posted on: 2003/4/4 13:40

Re: SARS Advice
Frequent Visitor
From Visalia,Ca. USA
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Hi Robert,
I would check out the CDC's website. They have alot of information about SARS and link to various agencies dealing with the problem around the world. Try http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/sars/basics.htm
Or try Health Canada's website: http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/english/index.html
My advice would be read the information, keep your students informed, post a sign at the front door for people who have traveled recently to the infected areas or have cold/flu-like symptoms to inform you. I would say don't close your doors in panic, but keep yourself and your student alert and informed. If it turns out that there is a increased problility that someone COULD have been exposed then you should think about your options concerning the school. i.e. closing the school, training with masks and gloves(the medical kind, not the ninja kind;), training outside, etc..
Good luck

Posted on: 2003/4/29 3:23

Yeppers
Deleted_
Robert,

I think Kevin's advice is pretty sound.

Posted on: 2003/4/29 5:04

Not thinking
Deleted_
We could just train in our ninja masks!!! Bring your Mask!!! Hood optional.

Luckily though it has been several weeks since anyone has contracted it in BC so...I think this is going to go down in the history books as a scare and lesson for those in the epidemiology fields. And others.
Aparently the people responsible for epidemics and public health here in BC were on top of this from Day One way back in March or something. Good job there.
Also did anyone notice how a genetic sequencing company here in Victoria/Vancouver sequenced the virus but it was always reported as "CDC now has the genetic code..." but it made it sound like the CDC found the code. Very curious.

Posted on: 2003/4/29 6:04

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor