Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic  Topic is Locked

DVD for sale: Peter King Shihan, Dublin, Ireland, October 2004
Kutaki Postmaster
From Dublin, Ireland
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Hi all,

I’ve run this past Shawn and he’s kindly allowed me to post this here. I have a DVD for sale that I thought some of the visitors to Kutaki no Mura might be interested in.

In October, we had UK Bujinkan Shihan Peter King over to Dublin to teach a two day course focusing on improving basic Bujinkan taijutsu technique and sword. The DVD of this event is now available and features the following:

1 The first eight classical sword techniques of Kukishinden Happobikenjutsu including variations and explanations.

2 Applications of Roppo Kuji no Biken and Tachi (Hatsumi Sensei's theme for 2004) studied in Japan in 2004.

3 A master class on the Torite Kihon Goho locking and throwing techniques of the Kihon Happo, including omote gyaku, omotegyaku tsuki, ura gyaku and ganseki nage.

4 Helpful tips on improving basic punching and kicking in accordance with Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu

Also, this DVD includes a section on Amatsu Tatara Hichi Buko Goshinjutsu Ryu (traditional Japanese medicine). At the end of each day’s training, Peter brought us through two techniques from Amatsu medicine, showing the use of acupressure points to help maintain a partner’s body, and secondly how to perform a self treatment that can be used by any budoka to promote their own health.

For those that don’t know Peter, he is ranked at Jugodan (15th Dan) in Bujinkan Taijutsu and additionally holds a Menkyo Kaiden certificate from Hatsumi Soke in Amatsu Tatara Hichi Buku Goshinjutsu Ryu, better known as Amatsu Medicine. He also holds a number of relevant medical qualifications, including a masters degree in sports science, a diploma in osteopathy and a diploma in physiotherapy. He is fully recognised by the appropriate governing bodies for these disciplines in the UK and he also has an advanced certificate in Chinese acupuncture.

The price of this DVD is €45 including post and packaging. It can be ordered by going to www.happobiken.com and paid for using Paypal or by cheque. The DVD has been professionally filmed and edited, but interested parties should note that it is recorded in DVD-R PAL format, which means it will work in most DVD players in Europe but not in the US or Japan. It will, however, work in the vast majority of DVD-equipped computers in all parts of the world. Please check your equipment before ordering in case this presents a problem.

Posted on: 2004/12/1 18:03
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: DVD for sale: Peter King Shihan, Dublin, Ireland, October 2004
Kutaki Postmaster
From Dublin, Ireland
Group:
村民 :: Villager
This DVD is now finished and is being posted out to those who paid for it this week. It clocks in at two hours, twenty minutes and contains the following DVD chapters:

1 - Intro
2 - Kukishinden Happobikenjutsu - Tsuke Kome
3 - Kukishinden Happobikenjutsu - Tsuki Kake
4 - Kukishinden Happobikenjutsu - Kiri Age
5 - Kukishinden Happobikenjutsu - Kiri Sage
6 - Kukishinden Happobikenjutsu - Kasugai Dome
7 - Kukishinden Happobikenjutsu - Kocho Gaeshi
8 - Kukishinden Happobikenjutsu - Shiho Kiri
9 - Kukishinden Happobikenjutsu - Happo Kiri
10 - Torite kihon goho - omote gyaku kote dori
12 - Torite Kihon goho - omote gyaku kote dori ken sabaki
13 - Torite kihon goho - Ura gyaku kote dori
14 - Torite kihon goho - Ganseki Nage
15 - Bujinkan Kihon gata - Tsuki waza (punching)
16 - Bujinkan kihon Gata - keri waza (kicking)
17 - Bujinkan Kihon Gata - Uke negashi
18 - Bujinkan Kenjutsu - Roppo Kuji no biken #1
19 - Bujinkan Kenjutsu - Roppo Kuji no biken #2
20 - Amatsu Tatara Hichi Buko Goshinjutsu Ryu

I hope to have a downloadable trailer for it up on my site later this week. For those who enquired, the Amatsu medicine section of this DVD is approximately 25 minutes long.

Posted on: 2004/12/9 0:22
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Topic is Locked

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor