schistkicker

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

Honbu Membership
Just Passing Through
Group:
村民 :: Villager

Hi guys,

Quick admin question:How can someone who practice Bujinkan pay his Annual Honbu Membership other than through his Instructor?Can this be done individually?If yes,what's the procedure?

Your help will be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Posted on: 2004/12/27 18:27
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Honbu Membership
村長 :: Sonchou
From Chiba, Japan
Group:
村長 :: Admin
I believe annual Honbu membership can be paid by anyone, simply by sending 2,000 yen (cash) to the Honbu Office at the postal address indicated at http://www.bujinkan.com/.

Best regards,

Shawn

Posted on: 2004/12/27 19:14

Permanent Village Fixture
From Antwerp Belgium
Group:
Forget my input

Posted on: 2004/12/27 19:16

Shodan Bujinkan Budō Taijutsu
"Shodan" means "beginners grade"...

Deleted_
(Kennin, you didn't have to delete your message.)

Well, if someone who is not a Shodoshi pays for his/her (or others) membership(s) at Hombu/Ayase, we usually accept it.

But I don't think you should do it by snail mail so easily. If we allow anyone to do so, any non-Bujinkanner will be able to pretend te be a member. Such a thing should be avoided (don't you think so?), and that's why this should be done by Shidoshis as a general rule.

Additionally, if Shidoshis do it for their students at a time, Soke's assistants have to write fewer addresses on the envelopes. This is quite important because they receive a lot of requests from all over the world every day.
(Please don't forget that we have approximately 100,000 members now.)

So, please ask your own instructor to get a yearly membership for you as long as you can. If you can't or if you don't have an instructor yet, find one who can do it for you.

As for the procedure, all the Shidoshi have to know it. Please don't worry. You just have to pay a little money to him/her.

HTH

Posted on: 2004/12/27 19:40

Just Passing Through
Group:

Many thanks for the infos guys.I will work something out.

Regards.

Posted on: 2004/12/27 21:06

Active Kutakian
From Romania
Group:
Is this Honbu fee nominal, I mean, is is to be payed for each person, individually? Or ussualy, the Shidoshi is doing this and the certification extends for the members of the federation/association/dojo he owns?

And, if I may ask, what does this fee provides for a Bujinkan practicioner, beside the recognition of his status?

Thank you,
Catas

Posted on: 2004/12/27 21:11

Deleted_
Quote:

catas wrote:
Is this Honbu fee nominal, I mean, is is to be payed for each person, individually? Or ussualy, the Shidoshi is doing this and the certification extends for the members of the federation/association/dojo he owns?

The yearly membership is for each member. Instructors correspond with the Hombu office for their students.

Quote:

And, if I may ask, what does this fee provides for a Bujinkan practicioner, beside the recognition of his status?

Just a card.

Posted on: 2004/12/27 21:28

村長 :: Sonchou
From Chiba, Japan
Group:
村長 :: Admin
I think the Bujinkan Guidelines indicate that it is much more than "just a card" :

7) Persons who have joined the Bujinkan must be sure to have the membership card which is issued every year. This is to preserve the honor of Bujinkan members and, as nobility with the peace of the martial heart, to show that warriors of friendship protect the great way of the Bujinkan Dojo by the gathering of comrades who have the heart of the martial artist. The power of warrior virtue, the proven reason for the loyalty, filial piety and love of friends in the martial arts.

The card is a symbol, an indicator of something much more which stands behind it. The above quote from the guidelines can be interpreted in different ways by different people, but I think it is a shame to say that when you become a Bujinkan member, all you get is a card, or that the card is only a card. It should be a proud symbol of membership of an organization of noble men and women of honour, "warriors of friendship," and the other respectable and admirable qualities alluded to above. If all one can see is a yellow piece of card that is worth 2,000 yen, I think there is a lot being missed.

Shawn

Posted on: 2004/12/27 23:05

Permanent Village Fixture
From Dallas, TX
Group:
Quote:

kouryuu wrote:
The card is a symbol, an indicator of something much more which stands behind it...
It should be a proud symbol of membership of an organization of noble men and women of honour, "warriors of friendship," and the other respectable and admirable qualities alluded to above. If all one can see is a yellow piece of card that is worth 2,000 yen, I think there is a lot being missed.

Shawn

Mr. Gray

And like all symbols, they are nothing, without a true expression of the values they represent.
What do you get when you join...a card.
What should you get out of it? That's up to you.
But if you cannot represent the Bujinkan dojo, by upholding all the rules, you should get weeded out. Membership in the Bujinkan Dojo should definately be on a sponsor only basis, i.e. through your Shidoshi unless some extenuating circumstances keep you from doing so.

I also think that this thread should be deleted. The information expressed above (below) should not be expressed on a public forum.
Just my opinon.

Posted on: 2004/12/28 0:39

Active Kutakian
From Romania
Group:
I dont think it is a matter that needs deleted, since the topic itself was started for a very clear reason - the Hombu membership. Although the symbols and their meanings rules most of our martial arts experience(s), a pragmatic consideration over the yellow card (is it really yellow ?!?!?) is always welcome. After all, it is something that is required in order to establish and to confirm your appartenence to the Bujinkan family, and, I tend to admit, to value your experience and efforts throughout the practice itself.

Posted on: 2004/12/28 0:49

(1) 2 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor