schistkicker

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Honbu Membership
Active Kutakian
From Romania
Group:
村民 :: Villager
When I asked what are the advantages of such a card, I ment somethign more clear, like: is this card kind of a martial arts practicant passport? will it stand to be admited, certified or does it provides certain privilegges to taikais, trainings, etc?

I do know for instance, that here, in Romania, it is almost mandatory to have such a recognized status for the branch of martial arts you belog to; there are so many impostors, and you can find a lot ninjutsu instructors that are usign street posters with Soke Hatsumi on them, and none of them have even anythign to do with Bujinkan, either Bujinkan Romania or Honbu. Speaking about certification, beyond it's true meaning, such a card will certify and provide legallity for any Bujinkan dojo owner/instructor.

Posted on: 2004/12/28 0:54
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Deleted_
The Bujinkan membership card means nothing more than you have paid your dues and are following the rules of the organization.

What you seem to be refering to is a Shidoshi Menkyo and a Shidoshikai membership card. These are obtained by the 'instructor' through the Hombu and reflect a good current standing with the Bujinkan organization.

Posted on: 2004/12/28 5:53

Village Old Timer
From San Francisco, California, USA
Group:
Quote:

JeffMueller wrote:
What you seem to be refering to is a Shidoshi Menkyo and a Shidoshikai membership card. These are obtained by the 'instructor' through the Hombu and reflect a good current standing with the Bujinkan organization.

Jeff is correct. For more information on that, see http://www.jigokudojo.com/faqs.htm#teach

Posted on: 2004/12/28 6:04

Active Kutakian
From Romania
Group:
Thank you very much to everyone, it was a very helpful information that you provide. It already made me to ask if what I am learning is Bujinkan Ninpo Taijutsu, or is something else... Hmmmm. I'll try to find the best way to have this Honbu fee payed for the next year.

Posted on: 2004/12/28 16:23

Permanent Village Fixture
From Antwerp Belgium
Group:
Good question. There are many fake Bujinkan Dōjō in the eastern European countries.
Best bet to find out for sure: visit as much seminars as you can in western Europe as you can.
Austria or Greece would be your nearest countries, I guess...
I can recommend the several dōjō of Kostas Kanakis in Greece.

Posted on: 2004/12/28 17:00

Shodan Bujinkan Budō Taijutsu
"Shodan" means "beginners grade"...

Active Kutakian
From Barcelona (Spain)
Group:
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
And in addition to all that has been said, at least in our country (Spain), if you don't have the Honbu membership you have to pay more expensive price at the seminars.
And plus, in our dojo, all of our students are obliged to have it. They can't train with us without the membership of the year.

I wish you all the best for the New Year.

Dani

Posted on: 2004/12/29 18:27

Dani Esteban -Koryu-
Bujinkan Bushi Dojo
Barcelona (Spain)
http://bushidojo.wordpress.com

Occasional Visitor
From Vancouver bc Canada
Group:
The Card lets younger students know they are apart of something much much more.

Bill

Posted on: 2005/1/6 4:27
Bill McIlwraith
Shidoshi

Village Old Timer
From Matsudo City, Chiba, Japan
Group:
Bill and Shawn said it well.

It reminds the bearer of what s/he has committed to, both in terms of training and upholding the honour of the Bujinkan.

Membership counts for a lot, and requires responsible behaviour and appropriate communication to maintain that membership. Especially considering how far-flung Bujinkan members are, it's important to have a link, however small and insignificant it may seem (in this case, a little bit of paper).

Posted on: 2005/1/6 15:57

Deleted_
Please face the fact. You receive a card by paying the fee, and the card proves that you are a member of the Bujinkan because the fee was paid for it.

Of course, the card can be "a symbol, an indicator of something" as Shawn said. He is right. I agree to that idea.

But, where is "something" from, or how do you get it? Is it what you get with the card because you've paid the fee for it? I don't think so. IMHO, you paid the fee because you had had something in your mind in advance (not the oposite), even though the card often reminds you of "something" afterward or even strengthens the feeling from time to time.

Logically speaking, you have to distinguish the symbol itself from what is symbolized by it. This is the essense of "symbol"

My 2000yen.

Posted on: 2005/1/6 16:56

Active Kutakian
From Romania
Group:
Excellent point! Obviously, the card itself, as a symbol, came as nothign else but as a recognition of your status as being a Bujinkan martial arts practitioner. Since the value of your knowledge is stated by a different (quantificable) form - which is the grade system, getting the card won't bring you any extra understanding, or strenght, feeling, or anythign else. We all get the card because we're training (and we gain a specific knowledge on the martial arts), but not the opposite: we are not knowing more because we get the card (unless it motivates you in this direction - to study and learn).

Posted on: 2005/1/6 17:53

« 1 (2) 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor