Certificates 0 2018/5/8 4:34
schistkicker

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: beginner
Honorary Villager
Group:
村民 :: Villager
I have never refused to answer any quastion about my self, however, since I was asked about a third person (my teacher no less!) I was obliged to ask permition before answering the quastion' since that person's whishes were to remain unknown I have no right to share that info. I hope that you respect my teacher if not me and let the subject drop.
what if your teacher would've asked you not to answer a quastion regarding him/her, would you decline their requast?
once again I apologize to all of kutaki members I have no problem sharing information regarding ME, and I do not whish to insolt anyone and if I do I am deeply sorry and beg for their forgivness, avraham

Posted on: 2005/1/14 4:17
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Active Kutakian
From Oneonta, NY
Group:
Quote:

truth? wrote:
last time I was here this was a place to sheer not to trade.

I'm reasonably certain that last time you were here, we had a requirement to include your real name in either your signature or your profile. Please address this.

Jeff

Posted on: 2005/1/14 4:24

Permanent Village Fixture
From Toronto/Waterloo, Canada Eh!
Group:
I believe it is more than fair for him to not post information about his instructor. Would any of you instructors out there want a brand new fresh and green student giving there less than knowledgeable opinions of you and your teachings on the net? Needless to say I am resonably certain that Eric was asking a rhetorical question and not expecting an answer from Avraham.

Avraham ... from the main page on the left hand side under 'user menu' click "edit account"

And to those who wish to trade and not share(although I can fully understand it) .... remember that when you were a beginner someone had to give you information, and maybe those beginners that you offer information to will one day advance your knowledge in a specific area that they study specifically. meh, I still feel very much like a beginner I'm just thankfull that there was and is information available for me.

At the same time you would not offer certain information to certain individuals in person, something which is very interesting if we consider that we are posting it online for all to read! Possibly an interpretation of Soke's issues with the internet

Posted on: 2005/1/14 7:40

Active Kutakian
From El Segundo, CA, USA, Earth.
Group:
Well, no. They were not rhetorical questions. As stated.
And I was curious, because the topic section is about people not in the bujinkan. And I was wondering what someone outside the Bujinkan might be doing that is good.

No apologies for not answering a public question in a public forum are neccessary.

My hope is that Avraham is not being led down a path...as it were. That he is learning something useful...and his teacher is teaching him how to see and learn.

Posted on: 2005/1/14 9:53

Village Old Timer
From oz
Group:

hi avraham,

i don't blame you for not giving out info on the net, please bear in mind though there is the p.m. button which provides some degree of privicy.

please take no offence but, the questions you are asking appear to me to be answerable, at a basic level, by any shidoshi in the first 5 minute chat pre lesson. if this seems not to be the case i would be finding another teacher, quick smart.

please heed these words as will i,

"budo is a doing thing"
nagato sensei.

Posted on: 2005/1/14 11:57

Oldschoolcarpentry.com.au

Honorary Villager
Group:
Hello to all, and thank you for understanding my position, as I stated, I have no problem,nor any reluctance to answer or give information about my self (although I do not understand why someone would be interested in me enough to start a forum about it...) if someone finds the information I let out about myself insuficiant and would like to know more about me than you are more than welcom to send me a quastion through the "pm" option mentiond earlier, avraham.

Posted on: 2005/1/15 0:44

Honorary Villager
Group:
now, after all was said about keeping secrets and answering quastions on the forum lets get back to the main reason why I started this dicussion in the first place and that is information, many of you have said that there is a lot of information on kutaki and on the web and that I should try google, however in order to start searching I need a subject, a specific name or the title of the books you said that are out there. I would realy appreciate if you could give me even just a name to search for, thank you, avraham.

Posted on: 2005/1/15 1:02

Active Kutakian
From Oneonta, NY
Group:
Are you actually training with a Bujinkan instructor?

Jeff

Posted on: 2005/1/15 1:57

Villager
Group:
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
Asking your instructor would be the logical, first step. Find out if HE has any suggestions on material that would be relevant to the class curriculum.

"Hatsumi" and "Bujinkan" typed into Google, or other search engines, would net a world of information pointing you in the direction of various materials such as books (by Hatsumi) or video/DVDs (by Hatsumi).

This seems like it would be a logical place to start. If you would like some reviews of various books or DVDs, before you purchase them, look them up and feel free to come here and I am sure some of the fellow members would be more than happy to offer you their opinion on them, just provide the title of what you are thinking about getting.

Good luck,

Doug Tweedy
Richmond, VA

Posted on: 2005/1/15 3:00

Unsubscribed
Deleted_Unsubscribed
a couple of good books for you to start with...

History and tradition Hatsumi

Stick Fighting Hatsumi

Essence of Ninjutsu Hatsumi

Ninpo Wisdom for Life Hatsumi

all good for all diferent reasons

search on Amazon etc and you will find easily.

Posted on: 2005/1/15 9:16

« 1 (2) 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor