Wedding gift... can someone help me to translate it? 6 2018/6/30 20:50
Barga18
Aomori-Ken 0 2018/6/19 10:27
hanzo-tou
Certificates 0 2018/5/8 4:34
schistkicker

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 »

Is it possible to reach the 1st dan in one year?
Occasional Visitor
Group:
村民 :: Villager
What if I train very hard everyday almost every hour

Posted on: 2005/1/11 10:46
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Is it possible to reach the 1st dan in one year?
Deleted_
Awarding Shodan within a year is NOT banned, but I can't guarantee you can be treated that way even if you train sooooo hard. It strongly depends on the individual's talent, luck etc.

Posted on: 2005/1/11 10:52

Villager
From Toronto, Canada
Group:
You could, if you trained every day, and took prvate classes on top of regular classes. but...

Why would you want to?

I personally would rather have a lower rank with better skills. Even if you trained every day, rushing through ranks is never a good idea, you will miss stuff. Not that you'll miss stuff, but you won't focus on things, you'll tend to learn them, and be on, probably forgetting some of the fundamentals. I don't know from experience >_< but I'd imagine that would be the case. I'd never hurry through like that; I mean, what's the rush?

Posted on: 2005/1/11 12:55

Occasional Visitor
Group:
The only dojo nearest to me doesn't offer private classes. I guess that sucks for me. Well I have a reason for this rush which I don't wish to reveal.

Mod Note: Full real name in post or profile please, as per the FAQ.

Posted on: 2005/1/11 15:26

Active Kutakian
From USA
Group:
Hi

you have a reason to rush?

There is no reason why you should even consider wanting a shodan in a year unless you only have one year to live.

Any other reason is because you have no patience and no respect for the grade or the art you wish to be ranked in.

One thing that is important in Budo is patience. Many people take 4 - 7 years to get Shodan and they feel they have earned it. Anyone who gets in it in one year can only assume they have just been handed the grade as a gift, there will be no feeling or importance attached to a shodan attained in one year.

If you are so desperate for a shodan other arts sell them on ebay, you can have a shodan in a week if your so desperate to have one.

Put up your name and reason for the instant rank you desire or run along and find yourself a Mc-Dojo who will lower themselves in your quest for instant rank

Posted on: 2005/1/11 15:49

Occasional Visitor
Group:
Already you decide to judge me without reason. I know I didn't give a clear explanation, or even a reason for that matter, but I didn't want to focus on my reason. And both points you brought up are wrong. I'm not impatient, nor am I desperate for this rank. I just simply wished to know if it was possible to become a shodan within a year. Please refrain from such invalid conclusions next time.

Posted on: 2005/1/11 16:06

Deleted_
If you train for the next year as hard as you say you are going to , you will have the same skill level no matter what rank if any you gain.

Posted on: 2005/1/11 16:10

Occasional Visitor
Group:
I never indicated rank measures skill, nor did I say training would increase skill levels. I just wanted to know if it was possible to train as hard as I can in order to reach the 1st dan.

Posted on: 2005/1/11 16:15

Deleted_
Quote:

Rich¬π wrote:
I never indicated rank measures skill, nor did I say training would increase skill levels. I just wanted to know if it was possible to train as hard as I can in order to reach the 1st dan.

Training does increase skill and you will have the skill level you have at the end of the year no matter what colour belt your wearing at that time. So what everyone is saying to you is, why are you so focused on the rank .If you trained for the year and have the skills of a 1st Dan, I am sure your Shidoshi will award you that rank.We can't answer your question for you except to say it is not impossible as every thing is possible.

Posted on: 2005/1/11 16:40

Occasional Visitor
Group:
Ah I see, I thought you were saying that I can train for a year, but I will not gain any skill. Well thanks for clearing that up.

Posted on: 2005/1/11 16:48

(1) 2 3 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor