Aomori-Ken 0 2018/6/19 10:27
hanzo-tou
Certificates 0 2018/5/8 4:34
schistkicker

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Coincidence
Deleted_
As I turned my desk top diary over to 24th April this morning after logging on to this thread...

"Let a hundred flowers bloom.
Let a hundred schools of thought contend."
- MAO TSE-TUNG

[Disclaimer - this in no way is intended to be a provocative or peeving post. A coincidence only.]

Posted on: 2003/4/24 13:00
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Other forums
Deleted_
Quote:

Kohai wrote:
Any of you know any other quality sites where to discuss about bujinkan? All the links I found from google dont exist anymore or dont have any users
Thanks.

To be honest I haven't seen much outside of here.

E-Budo
Good to see this issue being discussed at e-budo itself. For myself, my opinion expressed here still stands: http://www.kutaki.org/modules/newbb/v ... ?topic_id=133&forum=16&23

Masai (Mats Hjelm)
This one probably should be used more. The problem I think is that to become a full member requires you to pay a fee - fair enough - but unless the forum offers something more than here I think getting paying members to participate may be a problem. I don't know what the solution is .......

www.bujinkan.org
Too underpopulated to be of much interest to me.

Bujinkan Brotherhood Forum
Haven't looked into the forum - not really interested in joining because of who runs it.

...... to be honest I am grateful that Kutaki no Mura - despite it's faults - is here. I think it is the best by far and serves the Bujinkan community online very well. To be honest I think one GOOD forum is more than enough.

Posted on: 2003/4/25 0:36

Claification
Deleted_
Quote:

Zenigata wrote:
E-Budo
Good to see this issue being discussed at e-budo itself.

Well it degenerated fairly quickly before being closed down. As for the libel issues regarding Michael Stinston, John Lindsey (board owner) and Jelsoft Enterprises Limited I'll have to wait until Monday to discuss what action can be taken.

Quote:

Zenigata wrote:
Bujinkan Brotherhood Forum
Haven't looked into the forum - not really interested in joining because of who runs it.

I should clarify that in my statement I was refering to the boards association with the Bujinkan Brotherhood - I'm not really interested in being involved with sub-groups - and not Kent himself. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Posted on: 2003/4/25 12:54

Re: E-budo
Kutaki Postmaster
From Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Group:
村民 :: Villager
This thread certainly caught the attention of more than just the Kutaki no Mura community. The E-budo thread that sprung up in response to this requires three pieces of clarification. It's very clear that many people reading E-budo do not understand the facts.

1) Several times over the past few years, actual threads on E-budo were deleted or altered by the administrators of that forum. It just so happens that the threads in question criticized Mr. Tanemura, the head of the Genbukan organization. On the other hand, huge tirades against Hatsumi-sensei, the Bujinkan and its Shidoshi were (and continue to be) allowed to fester FOR MONTHS by the very same administration. The anti-Bujinkan posts that have found nearly unlimited airtime have ranged from (seemingly innocuous) criticisms of the organization to (outright libelous) accusations of fraud and extortion. This disparity in representation of fact is just plain wrong.

That these activities unfolded on E-budo, under the watchful eye of the administration there, is UNDENIABLE fact. Anyone saying "Show me the threads" regarding the deleted threads is not getting the point. THE THREADS WERE DELETED. What is left for the curious to see, however, is the occasional complaints from people involved with those threads, wondering after the threads' mysterious disappearances, "What happened to that thread?"

People on E-budo frequently say, "Walk the walk, don't talk the talk." Unfortunately, the forum itself does not do so. Despite what the sign on the door says, and despite stammering by the Ninpo forum moderator otherwise, it is clear that the administrators of E-budo favor a pro-Genbukan perspective.

For this reason, E-budo *IS* a pro-Genbukan bulletin board, as Duncan suggested.

2) Bujinkan members have always been STRONGLY encouraged to seek answers about their art from Bujinkan sources--the primary vehicle of which is a licensed Shidoshi under the tutelage of Hatsumi-sensei in Japan.

Here at Kutaki no Mura many such Shidoshi are available for questions and will provide honest and earnest replies without fear of selective deletions by an administration with an agenda.

Any Bujinkan Shidoshi, included myself, who participated in E-budo discussions did NOT do so to glean information about the Bujinkan arts. Those who did (and some that still do) acted so as to present a balanced perspective of the facts and to GUIDE STUDENTS SEEKING ANSWERS REGARDING THE BUJINKAN ARTS to appropriate sources. The purpose of the presence was VERY clear.

Criticisms that such a presence was "hypocritical" demonstrate that people clearly misunderstood what was deemed "acceptable reasons" for posting there (hanging out, providing guidance to eager students who lacked other means) to what was deemed "unacceptable reasons" for posting there (seeking answers about Bujinkan training). I know it is difficult for people to understand that one person's posting can be disrespectful to Soke, yet another person's posting can be the opposite. Alas, the world is a complex place. Just as one person calling me a "gaijin" can mean it as a friendly gesture, and another calling me "gaijin" can be chiding me into a fight--intent means much. I stand by my decision to post on E-budo in the past.

Several Bujinkan Shidoshi who were active posters on E-budo, including myself, have since left the board. It is clear that the world is filled with people who actually think that trading videos of techniques and quarrelling about groundfighting is the way to Fudoshin.

Wasting time with people like that is, well, wasting time....

The Bujinkan is a MASSIVE organization. Just as Soke has closed off training to only Bujinkan members so as to ensure the sanctity of the teachings, and just as Soke has determined that the mountain will no longer go to the masses (via the biannual international Taikai) and instead the masses must go to the mountain (visit Japan to train with Soke), the Bujinkan is closing its ranks, so to speak.

Only those who REALLY want to learn the lessons of the Bujinkan will have access to them from now on. Those people must search out for quality instructors, patiently wait for answers from those willing to share them, and focus on the lessons learned. Those of us present here at Kutaki no Mura welcome your questions and hope to build a constructive and powerful community here. Korekara yoroshiku onegaishimasu. m(_ _)m

3) Finally, I was certain that I resembled Waldo of "Where's Waldo?" (known as "Where's Wally?" in some countries). My wife will be happy to hear that I now resemble Harry Potter, who is devilishly handsome, in her opinion.

Thanks for listening....and Gambatte kudasai!

-ben

Posted on: 2003/4/25 16:19

talk about coincidences
Honorary Villager
Group:
That means that Ben Cole is... the Dutch Prime Minister?! http://www.rnw.nl/achtergronden/asset ... lkenende-EU-jigsaw175.jpg

While blundering my way through a class at Ayase last summer, I remember one of the things said was "don't rely on information that you get on the Internet, people do their own things and it then becomes something else..."

That's applicable to many areas.

J. Vlach, Amsterdam

Posted on: 2003/4/25 18:22

Re: talk about coincidences
Kutaki Postmaster
From Dublin, Ireland
Group:

Juttejutsu thread

While I am not a subscriber to the conspiracy theory, I have to wonder how long this thread would be allowed to last if it referred to a certain other Japanese jujutsu teacher. I have e-mailed the owner of the board in question bringing the thread to his attention, but received no reply.

Hmm . . .

Alex Meehan
Dublin, Ireland

Posted on: 2003/5/3 1:10

other forum
Deleted_
for the dutch and belgian ppl around here ; there is a local forum available...
can be found right here sorry for beiing only in dutch ; english will show up also there...

Posted on: 2003/5/7 9:10

Ah, but. . .
Village Old Timer
From San Francisco, California, USA
Group:
Quote:
While I am not a subscriber to the conspiracy theory, I have to wonder how long this thread would be allowed to last if it referred to a certain other Japanese jujutsu teacher.

Ah, but Cunningham, at least, does refer a few times to a certain other Japanese jujutsu teacher, and in a complimentary way. . .one whose student runs the site.

Posted on: 2003/5/7 10:04

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor