Certificates 0 2018/5/8 4:34
schistkicker

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Arnaud Cousergue in NYC
Kutaki Postmaster
From New York, NY
Group:
村民 :: Villager
February 19 & 20, Arnaud will be teaching in NYC at the LaGuardia Marriot. Training fee is $125 for both days of training. A special class will also be held Friday night (2/18) at the Muzosa Dojo in Queens. Contact the Koteki Club for more information.

Posted on: 2005/2/8 1:56
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Arnaud Cousergue in NYC
Kutaki Postmaster
From New York, NY
Group:
We've just confirmed that Ed Martin and Larry Turner will also be coming to Arnaud's seminar (Ed for a day, Larry for the weekend)! Woo-hoo!

Posted on: 2005/2/15 12:23

Kutaki Postmaster
From Columbus, ohio
Group:
Anybody that caught this seminar, Any highlights you would like to share would be greatly appreciated. Unfortunatley I tapped out of funds a little early this year and time is a little short so I wimped out of the trip. Im still keen on some anecdotes though. Thanks ahead of time.

Posted on: 2005/2/25 7:13

Kutaki Postmaster
From New York, NY
Group:
Arnaud's seminar was great. There were people from as far as away as Missouri, North Carolina and Ohio (not to mention France and Serbia!), and most of the NYC Bujinkan Dojos came to support the event, which was an amazing sight. Ed Martin gave a great reminder about working together and supporting each other, and Larry Turner did his usual subtle work in the background.

Arnaud, the star of the show, definitely showed us things we had never seen before. The man is an encyclopedia of knowledge, and his approach to the art is fascinating. I'm sure that he'll be back this way at some point, and he's definitely worth seeing!

Posted on: 2005/2/28 0:40

Kutaki Postmaster
From Brooklyn - USA
Group:

You know I set this thread aside hoping someone would pick it up and talk about the seminar but no one did. I was at the seminar and I really enjoyed it and thought it was the best seminar in this area in a long time. Definitely put me down for next year. Arnaud threw in an extra day of training and I did all three days and felt the workout at the end of the weekend. He has been a kenjutsu enthusiast for a while so we got some good kukishinden sword stuff as well as some good kenjutsu exercises . We worked on basics and he gave me new insight into that. Later we explored some Juppo Sesho and tachi as well.

Arnaud brought along a great student of his named Estelle. She was his uke for a good part of the seminar and I joked with her that she was a Mrs. Yabunaka. She was one of the best women I've seen in a while in the Bujinkan and I really admired how well she moved and how tough she was. She reminded me of Natasha Morgan a great deal (another woman I strongly admire in the Bujinkan) Estelle doesn't seem like she gets treated with kid gloves just because she's a lady and seems all the better for it. She had a bit of a trophy black eye on Sunday and it reminded of a time at Taikai when Brin and Natasha really got into it onstage demonstrating and Natasha almost had her nose broken. No one ever realized it when it happened and she only told me about it the next day when I saw the huge bump. Both these ladies are hardcore. I never noticed when Estelle got her black eye either. Gambatte Estelle.

Arnaud was fun, He was my main teacher's teacher and, for me, it was great to see those roots. He has a wicked sense of humor and if your not awake you'll knock you on you ass Nagato style. Arnaud has a reputation for hitting hard I can really appreciate that. He doesn't let you cultivate "dojo syndrome" where you're off guard during training because you it's only the dojo and it's not for real. He shared some of his experiences with yoroi training and that's one of my areas of interest. It's hard to get to know about yoroi outside of Japan.

There where many small tidbits of juicy information and my dojo mates (about 7 or 8 went) and I all felt it was a great seminar. It would be great to get someone like that coming through NYC on a regular basis (annually?).

Jeff, it was nice to train with your students. you have some good ones. I felt the "vibe" with everyone in the room was very enjoyable. I wish more people from other NYC dojo would have come by but maybe next time. Since we don't have Taikai anymore It's going to be seminars like this that keep the family together.

What did anyone else think?

Posted on: 2005/3/10 9:33

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor