Recent Topics

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

It's hiring time again...
Village Old Timer
From Matsudo City, Chiba, Japan
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Spring turnover with English teaching jobs is just around the corner. If anybody's looking for a job and lives within striking distance of Harajuku, please see the ad for

Full time native English teacher

Our school has one opening and other locations may have more than one position available.

(edited for grammar mistake ops:)

Posted on: 2005/2/14 13:18

Re: It's hiring time again...
Deleted_
Do you have to have a B.A. to teach there or higher

Posted on: 2005/3/9 14:44
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Deleted_
Did you click on the link?

Posted on: 2005/3/9 14:56

Deleted_
thanks sir

Posted on: 2005/3/9 14:59

Honorary Villager
From San Diego,CA
Group:
How much can you make teaching English?

Posted on: 2005/3/26 8:42

Occasional Visitor
From Brunei
Group:
Depends on which school you work at. At the McDonalds level schools; Geos, Nova, ECC, etc you can expect to get around 200,000 yen after rent (if rent is around 60 to 80,000 yen, quite reasonable in Chiba/Saitama). All you would need is a university degree. If you have a tesol certificate and work at a high school and if you have some Japanese ability, you can expect to earn around 300,000 yen after rent.

Posted on: 2005/3/26 22:52

Village Old Timer
From Matsudo City, Chiba, Japan
Group:
About the wage you can earn in Japan -

Bear in mind that, if you work for a conversation school here, you can earn somewhere between 250,000 and 270,000 yen to start, but your schedule may preclude training. Most eikaiwas keep you busy on weekdays between 11am and 9pm. A lot of trainings are scheduled for weekday evenings.

My own experience confirms what Niceguyjin said about schools. If you work for a private high school, you can earn more, but the days are really long and the school expects teaching credentials and dedication. Your working day may be 8am to 6pm, also working some weekends. The good part is, most high schools have generous holidays, compared to the conversation schools. The working conditions may or may not be a shock to teachers, depending on where they taught before. Canadian high school teachers typically work from 8am to 6pm, then take work home with them.

Consider what kind of life you'd like to lead here while you train, work and tour around. If you're a young Canadian or British (can some British folk confirm this?)you can get a working holiday visa and pick up part-time work, just paying your bills and training.

Posted on: 2005/3/28 9:36

Active Kutakian
From Belgium
Group:
I may have the opportunity to set up an Asian office for my company. Tokyo's the spot (what with the Japanese wife and all) if it goes. It would be three quarters time, maybe supplementng the income by teaching after my Japanese gets better. Any hints on operating a small business or if such things are a good idea? (Service industry, export-related, would draw same income in Japan as I do now in Europe.)

G. Vreeman

Posted on: 2005/3/31 8:22

Villager
From Tokyo (originally from Quebec)
Group:
I heard that we dont really need a high education to teach english in japan. And most places are looking for english teachers so badly that its actually kind of easy to find a job.
even with just a high school diploma.
is that true? cause im coming to japan with my working holiday visa next spring.

Posted on: 2005/4/22 16:04

Just Passing Through
From Chiba, Japan
Group:
Recently with the economy the way it is, things haven`t been great - mmost companies require a uni degree for you to work. Some places might be ok with a high school diploma, but... you best bet is to check out the websites of schools like NOVA, ECC, Berlitz, etc and of course other positions available - a search on jobs in japan, will yield a website of that name and other possiblities.

Also hiring season has just past so, you may or may not be able to get exactly what you want.

good luck
JP

Posted on: 2005/5/11 6:53

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor