Certificates 0 2018/5/8 4:34
schistkicker

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Ashida Kim
Frequent Visitor
From finland
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Well I just noticed you can download one of his books free at http://www.ashidakim.com/sotn.pdf

Any comments about Ashida or his teachings?? Is he a fake trying to cash with "ninjas"?

Posted on: 2003/4/29 5:19

Re: Ashida Kim
Just Passing Through
From Boston, MA.
Group:
You would be far better off cracking open your own skull, removing your brain, putting in in a blender and hitting purre' than to pay any heed to anything CHAK has to say.

Posted on: 2003/4/29 6:54
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Ashida Kim
Kutaki Postmaster
From Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Group:
You should really consult with your Shidoshi before asking questions like this on the board.

Ashida Kim is white American who wrote numerous books about Ninja in order to cash in on the Ninja boom. The question you should ask yourself is: If a man who is supposed to be a Ninja expert can't even tell the difference between a Japanese surname and a Korean one (e.g. "Kim"), then how much credence should I put into his words on Ninjutsu?

The answer is clear: NONE.

Stick with Hatsumi-sensei's books for now. They'll keep you plenty busy.

-ben

Posted on: 2003/4/29 7:42

re
Frequent Visitor
From finland
Group:
Quote:
You should really consult with your Shidoshi before asking questions like this on the board.

Umm... Why?

Quote:

That's my intention... There were plenty of opinions against ashida and opions praising him at amazon.com, he was just interesting in my opinion. Thought some of you would not know about him.

Posted on: 2003/4/29 16:19

Re: re
Kutaki Postmaster
From Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Group:
Quote:

bencole wrote:

Kohai wrote:
Umm... Why?

Umm... Because that's what a Shidoshi is for....

Quote:

bencole wrote:

Kohai wrote:
That's my intention... There were plenty of opinions against ashida and opions praising him at amazon.com, he was just interesting in my opinion. Thought some of you would not know about him.

If we might not know about him, then why post a question asking about him? Hm...

A white man who has no training in Ninjutsu, wears a mask to hide he fact that he's white, writes a whole lot of books claiming to be an expert in something he knows nothing about, and claims a name that is Korean (of all things). Can anyone say, "Fraud Alert!"

Just go to www.google.com, and type in "Ashida Kim." Let me know if you find anything worthwhile about the man....

If bilking people out of money is your plan, then Ashida's your guy. If learning about the Bujinkan arts is your plan, then stick with Hatsumi-sensei.

-ben

Posted on: 2003/4/30 5:12

kim
Frequent Visitor
From finland
Group:
Quote:
f we might not know about him, then why post a question asking about him? Hm...

Well,

if you wouldnt have known him, you would probably have read the pdf file, and then posted your opinion about it thus creating a conversation. You are right though, I'm convinced about him being a fraud. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

take care, ben

Posted on: 2003/4/30 5:56

just informing
Deleted_
Just a quote ;

What does Ashida Kim think of Masaaki Hatsumi?

Ashida Kim replies: "I have never met Hatsumi-Sensei. From what I have read and had reported, he is much like myself. I would be honored to meet him, but his boys never invited me to any of the Ninja Summits they had with the other people they called pretenders. Nor do I feel the need to make a pilgrimage to introduce myself for recognition that is fleeting at best. To my knowledge, he has never spoken against me, so I will not speak against him."

ok... that's fine.. but then...

just a page...

see for yourself...

Posted on: 2003/5/1 8:30

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor