schistkicker

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: women's training?
Frequent Visitor
From Wollongong, Australia
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Greg, I totally agree that we should avoid brute force in Bujinkan, but from my experience, while there are good male practitioners who understand relaxed power, I’ve also witnessed some guys who still hold on to the “bang-it-‘till-it-breaks” philosophy. Kami help them when they get older and their muscle-mass doesn’t work as they expected it to. Hence I guess our discussion about the advantages of males understanding female movement in Bujinkan.

Females also teach us the beneficial aspect of the human heart and the need for compassion, like Kaela’s apologies after her use of brute and aggression hurts someone.
Quote:

antizen wrote:
[quote]
I train with Sheila often here in Monterey. She's wonderful. The whole issue of strength is really a non-issue in my experience since we're not suppose to be using strength anyway.

For brute force and agression however I would have to nominate my 12 yr. old 4th kyu daughter, Kaela. The nice thing is she usually apologizes after she hurts someone.

Posted on: 2005/4/22 10:58

Frequent Visitor
From Wollongong, Australia
Group:
Sorry, double post.

Posted on: 2005/4/22 10:58

Villager
From Talihina, Oklahoma
Group:
I have trained with many women in the bujinkan and there is absolutely no difference in the training as far as taijutsu is concerned. none of the women I have trained with had any problems with the training or preforming ANY of the techniques. Strength is a way to cheat in taijutsu, or make up for bad TDA. alos, Rumiko Hayes and Bonnie Malmstrom have at one time offered some kind of training for kunoichi no men allowed. also rumored,the physical aspects of ninpo taijutsu, because of the dynamics of the movement, that it possibly may have even been developed by a chinese princess. Gokko ryu. Lantz

Posted on: 2005/4/23 1:05
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Kutaki Postmaster
From Chicago, IL
Group:
Speaking of women's training, the fall issue of Bujin-Kan is going to feature articles by women in the Bujinkan....if anyone is interested in writting please contact us.

Markk Bush
www.bujinmag.com
bushm@bujinmag.com

Posted on: 2005/8/4 2:33

Villager
From Greenville, MI
Group:
I have always wanted to see a video that included demonstrations and teachings from the women of the Bujinkan. I think it would be a great way to help get women to sign up. It would help show that women do succeed/excel in this art. Maybe help new women feel more comfortable, especially in a mostly male training group. If there is any such video available I would greatly appreciate being pointed in the right direction....

Posted on: 2005/8/4 9:44

Frequent Visitor
From Dublin
Group:
I don't know... I think i didn't mean taijutsu (everything without an actuall weapon other than yourself?) I meant something like the weapons kunoichi used in the past, like the fan, the hair pins or the use of poison regarding traditional female ninjas. As far as I came in my research the kunoichi had the same training as their male counterparts + some addtional things which they needed in their "job". I am actually trying to find out, or was at least what that additional stuff was and if today there is somebody who still knows. It doesn't seem like it, which is actually quite disappointing even given that todays female ninjas are nothing like the traditional ones, as they all have normal "jobs" (I asume at least) and are not trained as spys or something like that.

Quote:

Bujin001 wrote:
I have trained with many women in the bujinkan and there is absolutely no difference in the training as far as taijutsu is concerned. none of the women I have trained with had any problems with the training or preforming ANY of the techniques. Strength is a way to cheat in taijutsu, or make up for bad TDA. alos, Rumiko Hayes and Bonnie Malmstrom have at one time offered some kind of training for kunoichi no men allowed. also rumored,the physical aspects of ninpo taijutsu, because of the dynamics of the movement, that it possibly may have even been developed by a chinese princess. Gokko ryu. Lantz

Posted on: 2005/10/6 5:38

Kutaki Postmaster
From Sydney, Australia
Group:
Check out this link. Dojo here in Australia that is run by two Women, Gillian Booth & Francis Haynes. Both with extensive, regular training in Japan. They also hold Women only seminars and Forums from time to time. http://members.optusnet.com.au/courageousheart/

Posted on: 2005/10/6 10:43

« 1 2 (3)

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor