« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Anyone teaching in Victoria B.C.
村長 :: Sonchou
From Chiba, Japan
Group:
村長 :: Admin
村民 :: Villager
Hi Ari,

Sorry if I jumped to conclusions, but as I mentioned there wasn't much information in your post, and the "Ninjitsu" spelling is most often used by people who don't know what they are talking about, as the word really doesn't make any sense in Japanese and is not the valid spelling of any Japanese art that I know if. I believe there are threads here on Kutaki that go into the completely different meanings of jitsu/jutsu.

Thanks to Jeremy for clarifying who the teachers are - I have met them both as well and am relieved to hear that legitimate licensed people will be instructing.

Best regards,

Shawn

Posted on: 2005/12/16 6:54

Gurei Dojo | Blog
Facebook
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Occasional Visitor
From Surrey (Cloverdale), BC, Canada
Group:
Hey all,

Just wondering what the Brains last names are?
Did they train with Robert P?
Who is sponsering them now since they are not yet Shidoshi?

I ask these Qs because I too have old students that live in the Island looking to train. If thier back ground is with Robert great cause Robert brought up lots of good Shihan to his dojo when it was up and running.

regards,
Jim Eastgate, Shidoshi
Bujinkan Taka Seigi Dojo
Maple Ridge

www.bujinkan.ca

Posted on: 2005/12/16 14:04

Deleted_
Hi All

To Jon Thompson, I beleive we have corresponded. Nothing transpired from your end.

To Ari. Good to have you hanging out here. Good Luck.

To everyone about who is concerned about Craig-Bo and Bass. They are both freinds of mine. They are students of mine as much as anyone can belong to anyone else. In other words I'm not responsible for what they are doing now. I've heard some stuff but reserve judgement.

That's about all I have to say on that. If anyone wants to get hold of me it's not hard.

The top name on that list is not the best person to train with. It's a very, very old list.

Robert

PS If you two are lurking, call me. [CROM] Hehehehehe. I have the photos from our road trip and can scan them. That was a BIIIIG rattler.

Posted on: 2005/12/28 13:00

Village Old Timer
From San Francisco, California, USA
Group:
Robert, great to see you back here. Apologies for not having responded yet to your second email, just been busy. Welcome back to the, um, world of the living.

Posted on: 2005/12/28 16:05

Cant Stay Offline
From Pennsylvania, USA
Group:
議長 :: Mod
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
Also good to see you posting Robert, glad you are still with us, we had heard some serious stuff. (Medical things)
Ed Martin aka Papa-san

Posted on: 2005/12/28 21:53

Unsubscribed
Deleted_Unsubscribed
i am posting the following in as dispassionate a manner as possible. i initially had no intention of participating in the first place, but it has been suggested that i do so by several Bujinkan members whom i respect, so here goes.

what Jon, or any potential student should be concerned about, is wether or not Brian B. and Brian C. will be teaching Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu. if they will be, then here are the essential questions to ask:

1). are they Shidoshi?

2). if not, then who is their teacher?

without a teacher, who will be watching over them, constantly checking to make certain that what they are doing/teaching is correct?

i wish it to be known that, for the record, i have absolutly nothing against either of these guys. i haven't met Brian B. but i have met and trained with Brian C., and as i remember him, he's an upstanding guy with a good heart. i wish them both the best of luck. and i'm sure that they both have good things to share, especially after spending time training in Japan.

again, this post was meant to be cautionary and nothing more. i am constantly asked by many if there is authentic Bujinkan training available in Victoria or anywhere else on the island. if anyone on the island will be teaching Bujinkan arts and is in possession of a Shidoshi lisence, then i would hope that they inform the larger community so that training will be made available to all potential students.

on that note, i find it highly irresponsible, to say the least, when certain people who do not actually live on Vancouver Island use a forum like Kutaki to suggest that there are people "teaching" on the island. teaching what? aside from Robert P., there is no one on the island in possession of a Shidoshi lisence. and if there is, then they have not made the larger community aware of it.

again, i am making no presumptions about either of the Brians. if they have lisencing, then more power to them. if they will not be teaching Bujinkan arts and will be teaching something else entirely, then more power to them.

once more, i must stress that this post was meant to be informative only, and not meant to offend anyone in any way whatsoever. for the record, i am not possessed of any acrimony or ill will towards anyone at the moment, on or off Vancouver Island. if i have offended anyone with this post, please accept my apologies as that was not my intent.

mark spada

Posted on: 2005/12/28 22:51

Deleted_
To Dale and Ed.

It's good to be "back". Whatever back is. Hehehehe. While I never left it was close apparently. Tentatively planning a trip to Marin with some buddies. ROAD TRIP!!! I have some fu nny stories from the incident. I'll share later. ;o)

To Mark

SPADA MAN!!! Good to hear (See, read) from you. Hope all is well and your back is holding out. Shoot me an email if your so inclined.

As to Mark's admonition that he is more concerned that the teachers have the correct pieces of paper: that is the correct stance for Hatsumi-Soke's welfare. Keeps him in beero money.
Personally I would rather that the teachers have the correct skills. Reread Mark's signature quote by Hatsumi. This attitude keeps the students safe. That's why I spent lots of time and money bringing serious talent up here to teach us proper Budo.
That's my personal opinion but I'm kinda weird like that.

Neither Brian's were there for the majority of those seminars. 20+ ? Although they had standing invites to play with us. Bass was not allowed as he was in the Brotherhood at the time. Not sure what Craig-Bo was doing. Neither have stopped training in martial arts.
I suspect they are not teaching Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu so I don't care what they teach. I wish them well.

Robert

PS For Jim Eastgate, pm or email me if you want the last names of the two Brians. I don't think putting them on the list is ethically responsible in this scenario.

Posted on: 2005/12/29 2:03

Unsubscribed
Deleted_Unsubscribed
Robert,

i am sincerely glad that you are feeling better. and although i don't really mind you quoting me, in the future, please do us all the courtesy of attaching one of the smiley face icons to statements that are not meant to be taken seriously, or are meant as flat out jokes, to avoid confusion.

specifically, your inference about keeping Hatsumi sensei in "beero" money. that statement could easily be taken the wrong way, to say the least, and be seen as down right disrespectful. i myself immediately saw red upon reading it.

i am not attempting to speak for him, but i am convinced that the last thing Hatsumi sensei is concerned about is "beero" money. i am also convinced that any trappings of Bujinkan membership or Shidoshikai membership are about much more than the dues one pays for either. they go much deeper than that.

cheers,

mark spada

Posted on: 2005/12/29 9:06

Deleted_
Robert,

I am so glad you are recovering well. Of course, as you well know, part of good budo as you put it is following the wishes of your instructor (ie. - proper paperwork).

Take care,

Posted on: 2005/12/29 15:42

Deleted_
Hey Jeff!

Thanks for the wishes. I have some great stories. I hope married life is treating you well. Care to send some photos? I'd love to see what you look like in a tie and haircut. [Insert smiley here for the illiterate]

Both Craig-Bo and Bass know about the needed documentation which they must have to teach Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu. I know. I taught them that. That a whole raft of people around the world do it without paperwork is not news. Nor is it correct. What is worse though, in my opinion, is that proper Budo is not taught. What harms the student more?

This thread is about anyone teaching in Victoria, BC. There are two of my students teaching right now Zack and Brendan. I am unable at this point. Zack and Brendan teach with my blessing.

Daisy Miller may have his cult still up and running however I've not heard boo from them. The Kick-in-The-Happy-Meal cult seems to have died off also. However they never taught Budo in the beginning, so....

Mark is also teaching up in Sydney where he lives with his parents.

If someone has an issue with Craig-Bo and Bass, I have their numbers for you. pm me.

That's who's teaching in Victoria BC and environs. That's what this thread was about. [Insert appropriate smiley here for the illiterate]

Robert

Posted on: 2005/12/30 1:45

« 1 (2) 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor