Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Deleted_

Posted on: 2005/4/15 23:47
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: 4-15-2005 Class Comments
Deleted_
Hi,

The comments from soke that you post on Kutaki are greatly appreciated by all of us that are not in Japan.

THANKS!

Posted on: 2005/4/16 0:28

Permanent Village Fixture
From Leesburg, Florida, USA
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Yes, I also agree. Thanks Danny!

Posted on: 2005/4/16 0:33
Florida Bujinkan Network

Deleted_

Posted on: 2005/4/16 0:44

Active Kutakian
From Brisbane, Australia
Group:
Thank you so much for posting this Danny. I see now what you mean about going to Japan as soon as possible.

Posted on: 2005/4/16 1:17

Deleted_
Sigh.... (Sorry if anyone is offended.)

Quote:

Danny wrote:
Kanjin Kaname - Soke talked about this a lot tonight.
Apparently, it refers to understanding the ultimate essence, the ultimate principal. One must acquire the heart and eyes of God to understand the principal of God.

There is a word "神心神眼", meaning the heart and the eyes of God(s). This word is known as "Shinjin Shingan" in the Bujinkan, but this can be read as "Kanjin Kaname", too. As you know, "Kanjin Kaname" (the usual one = "肝心要") means "the main point". So, please know that we have to think about both of these when Soke says "Kanjin Kaname".

Quote:

Soke also spoke of shi-ki. He said it could mean consciousness or the time of death. It seems this refers to understanding the opposite sides of existence. Life and death.

Find "識" and "死期" in your dictionary. What Soke told us is that we have to be flexible enough to find different/hidden meanings of words, and that for the purpose, we have to consult the sound of the word rather than the letters. (I imagined "四季" too, but I didn't tell this to Soke. )

Quote:

The air and the vacuum. This had something to do with the kukan.

(That one was hard to grasp )

Soke was talking about Kokuu (not Kuukan although it was translated as "space"), and he told us that we have to be careful not to step out of the area because oxygen doesn't exist outside.

Quote:

Soke said that, in a way, everything he taught us before was fake. He said from today, we're going to start doing it for real.

I dont know exactly what that means, but I had a good, excited feeling when he said it, so I hope you will too.

What Soke said is "We filmed Yoroi Kumiuchi (or something) a few days ago, but it was not that good. It was something just for a show. I think we have to show you real things in the future."

HTH

PS -- Danny, I think there are 2 points you should consider before starting a thread like this.

1) Whether or not it is appropriate to post the information on the Internet
2) Whether or not you can explain the information correctly

How can you judge #2 if you don't understand Soke's Japanese directly? Spreading wrong information is much worse than spreading nothing.

Posted on: 2005/4/16 1:49

Honorary Villager
From UK
Group:
Quote:

Danny wrote:

Soke said that, in a way, everything he taught us before was fake. He said from today, we're going to start doing it for real.

I dont know exactly what that means, but I had a good, excited feeling when he said it, so I hope you will too.

I seem to remember him saying something along those lines at the UK Tai Kai in 92(?)...at that time I took no notice; I was but a mere white belt, and hadn't anything to compare against.

I looked back, though, and I took it as meaning something more along the lines of 'please tune in next week for the next episode in the exciting world of Bujinkan' - or perhaps (an interpretation I see today) 'don't stagnate - there's always more to learn'.

It could of course have been a complete misunderstanding, or even, without wishing to cast aspersions on the translator, a mis-translation :)

Posted on: 2005/4/16 2:17

Permanent Village Fixture
From Toronto/Waterloo, Canada Eh!
Group:
Yes Danny, this stuff IS very interesting and I am thankfull for it as well.

it helps to keep us informed of whats going on in the BJK

this is a very difficult system, as unlike so many others it is always growing and not stagnating... we are all lucky that those in Japan are trying to share their good fortune with us.

Posted on: 2005/4/16 6:49

Deleted_

Posted on: 2005/4/16 10:44

Frequent Visitor
From Wollongong, Australia
Group:
Hi Danny and George,

I concur with the guys on here that it is really great to hear updates on what is happening in Japan, given for me my instructor only gets over a a few times a year. I've only been training for 10 months, so obviously a lot of it is over my head. I'm sticking to getting my basics right first!

After reading George's post though, I became a bit concerned with the update Danny wrote and then the clarification that George provided. They appeared to be two quite different interpretations.

Given that both Danny and George are so active on this forum, would it make sense if together you confirmed what you would post before posting it? And if you are not able to agree (due to different interpretations on the "meaning within the words") maybe don't post it at all at the risk of spreading misinformation?

Just a suggestion, and take it with a grain of salt. Like I said, I'm still learning. Again, I stress I appreciate what you're passing on Danny, and I enjoy reading the posts in this forum.

Cheers

Jori
Wollongong, Australia

Posted on: 2005/4/16 10:50

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor