Ichiba 0 2018/2/21 1:18
Dpinga

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Dissapointing your dojo
Just Passing Through
From New York City
Group:
村民 :: Villager
HI this is my first post and ive just been promoted to Green Belt and im happy but now i feel like i cant make my teachers look bad does anyone have advice on what i should do to make this feel go away so that it wont effect my training

Posted on: 2005/4/29 6:27
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Dissapointing your dojo
Frequent Visitor
Group:
Congratulations on your promotion.

It has often been said that rank can be thought of as a reward, or as a responsibility. Your question leads me to believe that you view your promotion as an increase in responsibility, and if so good for you.

I am currently 5th kyu, and was surprised when my shidoshi graded me. Surprised, but also self aware of the fact that I needed to rise to the occasion. I work hard to know my syllabus, train at home outside of the dojo, and try hard to absorb the feel, the intangible, of our art.

Oh, and I constantly ask my shidoshi to not grade me anymore for the year... please.

:)

The best thing you can do is to relax, and work into your rank. Know your instructors requirements for your rank, be confident in those skills, work well with the students below you to help them along, and have fun!

Cheers!

p.s. I am not being rude, but your post will be much easier to read if you capitalize your first word in each sentence and use punctuation. I am not sure if English is your first language or not, so just some helpful advice.

Posted on: 2005/4/29 6:42

Just Passing Through
From New York City
Group:
Thanks for the advice. I was actually thinking that also. I just wanted to make sure i wasnt the only one that felt this way

Oh a there was no ofense taken I was kinda half asleep while typing this

Posted on: 2005/4/29 7:13

Cant Stay Offline
From Pennsylvania, USA
Group:
議長 :: Mod
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
I think your teachers are much more interested in you learning and getting better than "how you look". Don't worry about that just keep going and putting your best efforts into the training.
Ed Martin aka Papa-san

Posted on: 2005/4/29 8:46

Kutaki Postmaster
From Wakefield, England
Group:
Congratulations on gaining your belt. All I can say is carry on with what you are doing. If you thik you will fail, then you will make mistakes. Just carry on, learn, and if you do make a mistake, learn from it and move on in training.

We all make mistakes in learning. If we did not, we would all be good at what we do and getting black belt far quicker than we already have been. So keep on in what you are doing and have fun.

Posted on: 2005/4/29 17:26

"Sensei, all your children have guns. What shall we do?"
"Let them kill each other, that way they will learn"

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor