Sunday from 9:30 till 4:00

Cost for the 2 days is $40.00.
$35.00 if prepaid by July 4th

Instructors are Joseph Adriance, Rich Cearley, Brian Tritico, Jay
Hardy, Dave Bolin, Kurt Haines, Beto Frausto, and maybe some surprize
guest instructors.
Come to Houston to train with the top instructors in the state. All
are current with the training in Japan and many will be just back
from extended stays to train with Hatsumi Soke and his top Shihan.

Each instructor will teach what ever they want so bring all the
training equipment you might need.
Bo, Hanbo, Shinai, Bokken, Shoto, Training knife, Training rope,
Shuriken..........

Some training equipment, Clothing and video tapes/DVD's will be for
sale during the brakes.

Contact Mark Harper for details
bujinkandojo@houston.rr.com

Posted on: 2005/5/18 13:22
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Shidoshi Cory Froelich will also be teaching
Honorary Villager
From Houston, Texas
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Shidoshi Cory Froelich will also be teaching. He has been a personal student of Shihan Joseph Adriance for many years. He will be teaching Takagi Yoshin Ryu and some ground fighting.

Mark Harper
Bujinkan Houston Dojo

Posted on: 2005/6/13 4:11

Re: Shidoshi Cory Froelich will also be teaching
Frequent Visitor
From New Caney,tx
Group:
Who is this open to? Is it just for a Shidoshi or can students also come?

Elward Gann

Posted on: 2005/6/14 10:24

seminar is open to everyone
Honorary Villager
From Houston, Texas
Group:
Hi Elward,
The seminar is open to everyone regardless of rank. It is to give you the opportunity to train with most of Shidoshi in Texas and see different perspectives of the Bujinkan Dojo. I hope to see you there.

Mark Harper
Bujinkan Houston Dojo

Posted on: 2005/6/15 23:27

Shidoshi Raj Yadev will also be teaching
Honorary Villager
From Houston, Texas
Group:
DR. Raj Yadev will also be teaching at the Shidoshi seminar. He is a long time student of Shidoshi Dave Bolin here in Houston. He recently came back from Japan and will share what he has learned. He is also an MD so has a unique perspective on training.
With 9 Shidoshi teaching for 2 days it will be a chance to see most of the Texas teachers at one time.

Mark Harper
Bujinkan Houston Dojo

Posted on: 2005/6/25 6:38

Beto will be teaching the Kusari Fundo
Honorary Villager
From Houston, Texas
Group:
For my part of the seminar you will need to bring a cord the size of a
kusari fundo and an old t-shirt you are not afraid to tear up.

Thanks

Beto Frausto
Bujinkan Kushinka Dojo
beto@texasbujinkan.com

Mark Harper
Bujinkan Houston Dojo

Posted on: 2005/6/30 23:18

Brian will teach Battlefield weapons
Honorary Villager
From Houston, Texas
Group:
Brian Tritico will be teaching Battlefield weapons at the seminar. He is bringing a few for everyone to try so it should be real interesting. Brian has been training in the Bujinkan for over 17 years and makes yearly trips to Japan to continue his studies.

Mark Harper
Bujinkan Houston Dojo

Posted on: 2005/7/3 13:30

Joseph will teach Knife from Gyokko Ryu
Honorary Villager
From Houston, Texas
Group:
Shihan Joseph Adriance, The Texas Tiger will be teaching knife at the seminar. He is bringing Shidoshi Raymundo Ruiz-Tapia (Mundo) from Mexico and we may get him to teach a section as well.
Shidoshi Jay Hardy will be teaching bo from the gyokko ryu so bring a bo.

Mark Harper
Bujinkan Houston Dojo

Posted on: 2005/7/8 8:42

Texas Shidoshi seminar was a full house
Honorary Villager
From Houston, Texas
Group:
The first day of the Texas Shidoshi seminar was a heck of a lot of fun, as we say in Texas. We started the day with Kurt Haines teaching taijutsu and yoko aruki type of movement. Very simple movements but hard to duplicate. He moves smooth as glass but very powerful.
Brian Tritico brought O Tsuchi (war hammers) and Nuyo-i bo ( really big stick) to the stage next and showed battlefield taijutsu. I have seen the weapons used in demos from Japan but never had the chance to see and play with one. It was awesome to see the destructive power of a great hammer wielded by an expert, against a swordsman. Brian then helped us with a few gyaku type movements and how to unbalance an opponent easily.
Beto Frausto was up next with a description of different corded and flexible weapons and their uses. He demonstrated quite a few techniques for us all to try as well as some Ho Jo Jutsu, tying skills I found amazing. He utilized the empty hand movements Kurt had shown earlier to tie things together.
Then we stormed Schlotsky's for a short lunch. 50 plus guys and gals in black was intimidating for anyone else who came in the door so we had the place to ourselves.
After lunch Jay Hardy was on fire showing how to use the space the opponent wanted to have and put his uke down hard. He expanded to the bo and continued to amaze me with his teaching style. I loved his down to earth methods and will defiantly have him down again.
Dr. Raj Yadev was next with a description of kyusho from the perspective of an MD. He talked about the places to strike and what type of damage, temporary or permanent that can be done during training as well as a real fight. It was the most detailed kyusho information I have gotten since training with Dr. Hill. His taijutsu was fast, powerful and accurate. He will be teaching again next year.
We finished up an incredible day with Dave Bolin teaching Death By Dave. Dave is a big man with years of training and shows it in all his movements. He discussed how to move small but make the opponent totally out of control by messing with his balance. He would use what ever the opponent "gave" him to make it look like the opponent was falling and hurting himself all while having a good time. It got my son Alex so excited with the ideas Dave had, he was messing with my balance even through dinner. I loved his "Old Man" style of fighting and making it not look like he hit the uke at all.
We ended the day with dinner, conversation and a great time at Jason's Deli.
I can't wait till tomorrow when Cory Froelich, Raymundo Ruiz-Tapia (Mundo), Dr Glenn Morris, Rich Cearley and Joseph Adriance will enlighten us more with their skills of Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu.

Mark Harper
Bujinkan Houston Dojo

Posted on: 2005/7/10 13:31

Texas Shidoshi seminar day 2
Honorary Villager
From Houston, Texas
Group:

Day 2
We started this morning with Cory Froelich and Takagi Yoshin Ryu. He started at the beginning of the ryu and went into detail on many techniques. He really showed how to finish each throw with great control and variety. His teaching skills are great and you can tell he is Joseph's student and has been to Japan many times. This is my favorite school in the Bujinkan so it was a treat for me.
Next came Mundo. He has been a personal student of Joseph Adriance for 2 decades and really knows how to take ukemi, counter the opponent and teach. He went over Principals and Concepts of training (fighting) for the street. Mundo really opened my eyes to training and learning during class or seminars. If you get hit in training, it is in the past and go right back to training, get over it and don't complain. These were things I plan on working for the rest of my time training as well as the countering skill he works on with me.
Instead of lunch we then took a brief snack break and watched the embu DVD for 20 minutes. WOW! I want to see it many times more.
Rich Cearley then impressed everyone with some hanbo and bo. His Taijutsu is awesome to watch and more fun to experience. Lucky for me I get to train with him every Wednesday as his student, uke and friend. His movements were small and hidden from everyone including the opponent who could do nothing but fly and scream. This seminar I got the fun of watching others have fun trying to fly around the room as I was video taping. My thanks to Rich for cutting his teaching time short to give Joseph an extra 20 minutes.
We had a last minute addition when Dr. Glenn Morris showed some neat ways to unbalance the opponent while using things we learned from some of the other Shidoshi who taught this weekend. I liked how he spent the 2 days like all the other teachers, Training not standing around commenting. It is true everyone IS still a student no matter what rank or how old.
Then came my long time friend, training partner and teacher, The Texas Tiger, Joseph Adriance. He decided to show how to use Gassho and a knife to take apart a human being. As usual I got to see how little I really know about fighting and knife fighting. His skills are amazing and everyone now got a chance to see why he is called the Texas Tiger. A long time personal student of Nagato, Noguchi and of course Dr. Hatsumi he shared stories and insights from these great teachers and his personal experiences in the not so nice parts of the world he has lived and worked.
We ended the day at my Favorite sushi bar Ten Shi. The A/C had just gone out before we got there but we are all tough ninjas and we stayed and enjoyed each others company and some excellent Japanese cuisine. For the third time this weekend we took over the whole restaurant as over 60 people came from all over the state to train, learn and have a great time. Everyone agreed we will do it again next year but will do it twice so many others in the state can teach. We will do a Houston Shidoshi seminar for the 7 shidoshi here and then do a Texas Shidoshi seminar for the other shidoshi and shihan in the great state of Texas.
If you want to experience some additional Bujinkan training outside of Japan and in the US email me and I will keep you informed of the next training event in Houston. The Shidoshi in Houston and Texas work together to bring in Shihan from all over the world to help us understand Soke's teachings several times during the year.
My personal thanks to all the Shidoshi and Shihan who asked and encouraged me to put this event together and I would also like to thank all the participants who made this a wonderful event for us all to enjoy.
Fortunately there will be a videotape available soon, if you are interested in purchasing a copy email me at bujinkandojo@houston.rr.com

Thanks again
Mark Harper
Bujinkan Houston Dojo

Posted on: 2005/7/11 10:16

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor