Socialize

Recent Topics

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Using couriers
Active Kutakian
From Sheffield, England
Group:
村民 :: Villager
I have become somewhat disillusioned with the Royal Mail after they've "misplaced" money/documents I've sent to Japan on more than one occasion - even when using their highest level of tracking (they follow it as far as the UK coastline, and that's about it apparantly)!

I was wondering if anybody has had experience of sending money/documents via a courier instead? And also how this would be thought of by the recipients at the Hombu in Japan?

Furthermore, what about having returning items shipped back (at my expense) by courier?

Posted on: 2005/5/25 21:39
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Using couriers
Cant Stay Offline
From Hamina, Finland
Group:
議長 :: Mod
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
I'm not sure if every country has similar service, but here in Finland we are able to insure the letter. It is still trackable only to the border of our own country, but if it is lost by the postal service you will be compensated as per the value you insured it with.

Personally I have not ever lost a letter to the Honbu, though once I was returned one, but know of a few instances that this has happened - though never with an insured one. In my case there didn't seem to be nothing wrong about the letter, it was just never retrieved from the Noda post office (did make it there ok though). Probably the notification slip had vanished somewhere.

Have not checked how this compared price-wise to courier, but an option that I've found trustworthy enough...

Posted on: 2005/5/25 22:32
(Bujinkan Budōka since 1985)

Deleted_
I don't think couriers are more reliable than the postal system in Japan. And If you send something to Hombu Office by courier, someone has to wait at home every day, or go to a branch office of the company to get the stuff. Because Soke and his assistants are really busy, we shouldn't expect they can do many irregular things like that.

And as far as I know, letters from/to foreign counties are often lost when the addresses are not exact and clear (posters' bad handwriting, their forgetting to write the names of their countries etc.). I don't know about your case, tho.

Posted on: 2005/5/25 22:45

Active Kutakian
From Sheffield, England
Group:
Quote:

Yamazu wrote:
I'm not sure if every country has similar service, but here in Finland we are able to insure the letter. It is still trackable only to the border of our own country, but if it is lost by the postal service you will be compensated as per the value you insured it with.

You can (and I do) insure letters here in the UK.
However they will not compensate people for posting money (i.e. Yen) as they do not recommend it - even though the Japanese embassy in the UK have told me that it is perfectly fine and acceptable to post yen to Japan.

Posted on: 2005/5/25 22:48

Deleted_
I wish I had an answer for you... but unfortunately I have had zero luck finding a reliable way to send orders to Japan as well.

Every year it is the same... send a letter, photo and yen and pray that A) It actually makes it and B) That the yen is not confiscated from the package as it is illegal to send foreign currency through the U.S. postal service...

If you figure out a better way please let me know!

Posted on: 2005/5/25 23:54

Active Kutakian
From Atlanta, United States
Group:
Quote:
Every year it is the same... send a letter, photo and yen and pray that A) It actually makes it and B) That the yen is not confiscated from the package as it is illegal to send foreign currency through the U.S. postal service...

Why not send a money order (converted to Japanese yen) by Federal Express?

Paul Wersant

Posted on: 2005/5/26 0:07

Active Kutakian
From Sheffield, England
Group:
Quote:

PaulW wrote:

Paul Wersant

Isn't Federal Express a courier?

Posted on: 2005/5/26 1:13

Active Kutakian
From Atlanta, United States
Group:
Quote:

Shadow wrote:
Quote:

PaulW wrote:

Paul Wersant

Isn't Federal Express a courier?

From my experience, it is reliable, both to and from Japan.

Paul

Posted on: 2005/5/26 1:38

Just Passing Through
From usa
Group:
Tracking records and parcel where about of the hub stations are significant. All the working an processing of medical courier deliveries is under camera surveillance. Minor details of couriers are mentioned online and offline as well. That is why these are quite popular among customers.

Posted on: 8/22 18:27

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor