Deleted_

Posted on: 2005/6/4 14:13
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: A question of propriety
Village Old Timer
From San Francisco, California, USA
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Well, I have to say I do think that's a legitimate concern.

For whatever it's worth, I've appreciated your attempts to convey Sensei's words, and your personal observations as well.

Posted on: 2005/6/4 14:51

Deleted_
I think that is a wise decision Danny...

Posted on: 2005/6/4 18:30

Village Old Timer
Group:
議長 :: Mod
I find this interesting, the timing of your announcement, Danny. I feel it ties into our discussion of the Bujinkan Library thread. As in, if you aren't paying for the information you are not entitled to it. Just as the DVD issue, Danny has sacrificed and invested a lot to be where he is. Should people who have not made that kind of sacrifice be entitled to the information Danny has obtained?

Posted on: 2005/6/4 20:06

Deleted_

Posted on: 2005/6/5 0:51

Active Kutakian
From Round Rock, Texas
Group:
You bring up an interesting problem and one I have been pondering myself. Currently I have detailed training notes on my web site. (See http://www.roundrockbujinkan.com/rrbtraining.html . Feel free to let me know what you think.) However, none of the currently posted information is above 8th Kyu level stuff. At some point (especially when I start getting deeper into the Ryuha stuff) I will be upgrading my internet hosting service to allow for a password protected directory. Once I have that I intend to move all my notes there. That way only my students and those I invite will have access to the information.

I will say that writing everything out and organizing it has been very useful for my personal training. I also find that new students like having specific subject matter on which to focus.

Anyway, I am really beginning to see where a password protected directory on a website would be a useful solution to your problem.

Posted on: 2005/6/5 1:09

Villager
From New York City
Group:
Danny,

I'm totally in agreement with your decision.

Over the years, I've collected lots of notes, books, dvds, etc.

I dont share them over the internet though, but in person. I've realized those that I share with, dont appreciate it and definitely dont support the Bujinkan.

I've decided to no longer suppport such people that dont support the bujinkan or who is'nt an active bujinkan practitioner.

People that just takes, dont have the right spirit for this art.

Posted on: 2005/6/5 1:30

Juppo Sessho is the essence of all martial arts![/quote]

Villager
From The Netherlands
Group:
I'm feeling sad about this.
The reason given for the situation is very clear but even so.

You're indeed sharing something , something that gives various people an idea of how the things are running in Japan.
That is indeed something very valuable.
Especially by people that will never be able to go to Japan i think.

On the other hand ; what is shared?
Detailed instructions? Strict and clear facts?

I see writings of insights , thoughts ; the image of what is happening there is being processed in text form by somebody who's part of it.

That's what you also stated very clear ; that it was just how you noticed it all.

It's true ; not anything should be just open and available for anyone.
But to me , insights and thoughts as they were seen here can do no harm.
---

I recently had the chance to made my dream come true and visit Japan.
After having the best experience ever i can only tell about what happend there , sometimes illustrated by some photo's or short video's.
The most important thing i would like to share with the buyu around me is something wich can't be shared ; that feeling...

That's why it's a good thing that you at least can try to express yourself by writing down some of the feel there is/was.

In the end , what can you tell?
Just words and images... the feeling is still something personal.

Posted on: 2005/6/5 8:17

Frequent Visitor
From Malta, Middle of the Med. Sea
Group:
hi i m new here.
I like the idea of such a tread or section.
I agree with shicomm, hasn't hatsumi said somewhere that obtaining secret scrolls does not mean that you have obtained true knowledge ...
and that neither if you can read them this would not be sufficient...as one would need to internalise concepts and stuff etc. I mean what is this really about, excuse me if i sound cynical but is it that someone might use hatsumi's words in a bad way? - And if so how...?

Unfortunately i cannot afford to travel to Japan i have done it once and i was extremely satisfied, however i won't be able to visit again for quite some time, for financial reasons.

I don't mean to cause trouble, just my thoughts.

Posted on: 2005/6/22 9:26

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor