Posted on: 2005/9/28 22:54

Re: Godan Test
Cant Stay Offline
From Pennsylvania, USA
Group:
村民 :: Villager
議長 :: Mod
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
Well let's see Ralph what I did say about you. I said I'd be very careful about accepting what you say about the Bujinkan and that people should ask those who have had dealings with you. There is an old and very appropiate saying that goes, "if you want to know how a person will eventually treat you, look at how they treat others, they will eventually do the same to you". That is a valid reason for seeking out those whom you have had contact with in the past. If you have treated them well they would support your "good" name. So why is it that you feel I've attacked you by offering good advice to someone who doesn't know you? Does that mean that you really don't want them to talk to people in your past? Someone wants to know about me talk to those that I've had contact with over the years, it is very difficult to hide what you are in the Bujinkan as those of us who have been around a long time DO know what the others are like.
I never said you shouldn't have an opinion on the go-dan test, you have taken it and are entitled to one. It is however an opinion of one that has no more value than anyone else who has taken it. Creditability Ralph is based on the person. A person's reputation has a lot to do --- quite appropiately ---- with that creditability. It also has to do with what a person has done in their life and the friends they have made. Other then teaching martial art what have you done? It is people that matter, not ego. It is what you do to benefit others that goes on, not how well you agrandize your own ego. I really want no more dealing with you sir, and that is based on my past experience with you, nothing else.
I will make one more comment on the test. This test is for the one taking it, not the giver or Dr. Hatsumi, he already knows what you can do. It is to prove to the tested that there is more then the five senses and in so doing it opens up a whole new area of growth. No, that can't be scientificall proven, but then there are many phenomina that remain unexplained. The mere fact that they can't be explained does not erase them from our world of experience.
This thread has lost it's original purpose, that of giving insight into the test from those who have been there. It has become more an ego contest on who can manipulate logic the best. That has no value in our purpose, that of learning the principles of the Bujinkan. It is more important that instead of butting heads on who understands logic, science, and philosophy the best that all go back to training.
Ed Martin aka Papa-san

Posted on: 2005/9/29 2:05
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Godan Test
村長 :: Sonchou
From Brussels
Group:
村民 :: Villager
議長 :: Mod
村長 :: Admin
Quote:

This thread has lost it's original purpose, that of giving insight into the test from those who have been there. It has become more an ego contest on who can manipulate logic the best. That has no value in our purpose, that of learning the principles of the Bujinkan. It is more important that instead of butting heads on who understands logic, science, and philosophy the best that all go back to training.
Ed Martin aka Papa-san

Because of this I am closing down this thread.

JanRa

Posted on: 2005/9/29 2:28

‘It is only when the eyes and the brain get exhausted that there are no lies and you can get the truth’ Thomas Hirschhorn
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

« 1 ... 9 10 11 (12)

Topic is Locked

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor