Socialize

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 »

Thread for Spanish Speaking Bujinkaners
Kutaki Postmaster
From Brooklyn - USA
Group:
村民 :: Villager
A benevolent request (nirito?) for the Kutaki no kami.

Clap, clap, gasho...

It would be great to see a Forum for those thousands of members all over the world who speak Spanish only to be able to participate here. It's bad enough those guys have such a tough time training with there being so few Bujinkan resources in Spanish and all of the classes in Japan are in Japanese or English. I feel really lucky when I see the trouble they go through.

Is it very troublesome to do this? I for one offer any help in this regards.

Muchachos, I got your back.

Posted on: 2005/8/4 2:42
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Thread for Spanish Speaking Bujinkaners
Deleted_
Hello -

Something to consider is who would the moderators be as Spanish Language resources? How many shihan and shidoshi would also be willing to participate?

Perhaps the same courtesy could be extended to Swedish, French, German, etc.... If there is enough interest.

Sounds like a good idea. I only speak English, my 4 years of German have disappeared.

Posted on: 2005/8/4 3:32

Kutaki Postmaster
From Brooklyn - USA
Group:
Not to toot my own horn but because of my background, American born Cuban, I know a few of the fluent Spanish/English shidoshi out there. Most of them are either in Miami or New York, a few in Spain but few Spaniards are fluent in English, unfortunately. I'm probably one of the most fluent in both in the Bujinkan from what I've noticed over the years. Soke and others have asked me to translate to the Spaniards while I've been around at Hombu in the past.

My translation services are always available.

It's ashame that we don't get to hear the Spaniards who are so numerous among us (Spanish is probably the second most common language in the Bujinkan in my estimation -- someone correct me if I'm wong on this, please) and skilled as well. For instance, Someya sensei told me once he had a group of Spanish students go to a sword foundery and made their own Katana. He said they learned a great deal in the processed and was obviously impressed by them.

Anyway, it would be a shame to miss out due to a rank thing, IMO. there must be a way with so Many of us around the world.

Posted on: 2005/8/4 4:49

Kutaki Postmaster
From Brooklyn - USA
Group:
Thinking further,

The same way we have shidoshi and shidoshi ho, we could also have moderators and moderator ho.

Seriously though if it works for the dojo why not here?

Posted on: 2005/8/4 4:57

Deleted_
Quote:

Kingyo wrote:
Thinking further,

The same way we have shidoshi and shidoshi ho, we could also have moderators and moderator ho.

Seriously though if it works for the dojo why not here?

Sounds good to me.

If it is a Spanish language forum, why would the people posting on it need to speak English? (Perhaps some Japanese / Spanish speakers)

My thinking is that if the participants on that forum / area / thread spoke Spanish only, perhaps other skilled, Spanish speaking members of the Bujinkan could keep threads going in the right direction.

I am not suggesting anyone here is not skilled, I am just suggesting recruitment of any experienced Bujinkan members who would be willing to participate. The rank comment was not meant to be snobby.

Of course, if this is to occur, I would think at least the approval of Shawn Grey would be required.

Posted on: 2005/8/4 6:26

Just Passing Through
From Lugo, Spain
Group:
Hello,
I think the idea of a Spanish forum is great – For instance in Spain, there are just a few examples of Bujinkan forums, and even when interesting, they are normally used by the people in a specific geographical area.

We Spaniards have a growing, but still low “culture” of using English language in the common life – maybe because we are more used to interact with other Latin languages. As a result, people here normally find a “language barrier” in order to join Kutaki. When I talk to other bujinkan practicioneres in Spain about this or that subject appeared in the forum, it is just seldom when you find anybody that has followed it. Even people that know some English language, if they are not used to read it, normally give up after reading a post or two, even if they find it interesting.

I’ve seen forums on other subjects that have sections for different languages, and seem to work well. I see also possible that including a Spanish forum inside Kutaki, will have and “encouraging effect” for people so they'll have more interest on reading English posts, or even can lead to collaborations as “cross-translations” between people of different languages.

I know there are also here in Spain high ranked people (meaning rank just as a reference, as Magna wrote before) fluent in English and Spanish, which could be interested in act as moderators. So maybe we have just to wait for what Shawn Gray thinks on the idea!

Emilio Díaz

Posted on: 2005/8/4 18:30

Active Kutakian
From Barcelona (Spain)
Group:
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
Hello !

I completely support the idea of the Spanish corner.
I know many people in Spain and South America that read this forum but they don't post because their english is not good. Same for me. We are good enough to read a short post or two but when the post are too long -even if it's very interesting- we give up, it's too hard to read it with the dictionary on your side...
Can you imagine for reply to one post? Almost impossible... Sometimes I've tried to post or reply and for my poor english my words had been misunderstood because I am not able to explain well what I mean, the feelings, etc

Just waiting...

Posted on: 2005/8/5 17:49

Dani Esteban -Koryu-
Bujinkan Bushi Dojo
Barcelona (Spain)
http://bushidojo.wordpress.com

村長 :: Sonchou
From Brussels
Group:
議長 :: Mod
村長 :: Admin
Quote:

koryu wrote:
we give up, it's too hard to read it with the dictionary on your side...
Can you imagine for reply to one post?

Gambatte!

Posted on: 2005/8/5 21:19

‘It is only when the eyes and the brain get exhausted that there are no lies and you can get the truth’ Thomas Hirschhorn

Kutaki Postmaster
From Brooklyn - USA
Group:
JanRaQuote:

JanRa wrote:
Quote:

koryu wrote:
we give up, it's too hard to read it with the dictionary on your side...
Can you imagine for reply to one post?

Gambatte!

Hmmm,

JanRa,

What do you mean by that? You're a moderator here. Would you tell us what the possibility of actually getting a Spanish forum started?

Our dojo is hosting a Jeff Mueller seminar this weekend and I'll be picking him up at the Train station today. I'll mention the idea to him as well.

Shawn, do you think the server can handle all those ˜'s and ´'s?

Sorry Shawn, not to make light of all the work you do to run this. I realize we're asking for a great deal of effort on your part. It would be great if you would let us know your thoughts on this.
_____

Dani, Emilio, y los otros muchachos, diganle a los demas miembros Hispanos que postéen su appoyo en este respecto aqui. Aunque se en Castellano no importa. Yo lo tradusco despues.

Posted on: 2005/8/5 23:54

Honorary Villager
From Texas
Group:
I support the spanish forum too, even though i don't speak spanish. But i think some of the problems for Shawn would be:

1. "How will i moderate a spanish forum if i myself don't speak or write spanish?"

2. "Do any of the other moderators speak or read spanish?"

3. "If not who can we get that can moderator the spanish forms?"

4. "Who will pay for the spanish forum?"

These are few of the problems i see for Shawn. If he's going to be the main moderator he should know the langauge (unless he does). He's already paying to maintain this forum, do we really need to take more funds outta his pocket. Also we need good level headed people to moderate, not just anyone can do it. Shawn and the other moderators have been wonderful with this forum.

If there is such a demand for a spanish language forum, then someone should create it. You don't really need Shawn for this project. Question is who is up for that challenge?

Sincerely,

Posted on: 2005/8/6 6:59

(1) 2 3 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor