Dpinga

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 ... 10 »

Mmm, Real fight experiences, anyone?
Occasional Visitor
From Valencia, Spain
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Looking trough the forum ive come across a few realy exciting and interesting real fights some of the members have had. I've had a great time reading them and from the posts I've seen, I wasnt the only one.
Thinking it over and realiing I havent seen any thread on the subject I open one here so more people can share them around.

Please, do write any experiences you may have had.

Thaxs everyone.

Posted on: 2005/8/13 3:09
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Mmm, Real fight experiences, anyone?
Deleted_
nevermind

Posted on: 2005/8/13 3:28

Permanent Village Fixture
Group:
Gaijin (Inactive)
Just a friendly note to all those thinking of replying to this thread;

Please be very careful and consider strongly what you wish to have *documented* on Kutaki.

I personally think it would be better to *not* reply to "real fight experiences anyone?" but that's just me. No offence to the author intended.

Posted on: 2005/8/13 3:37

Deleted_
*deleted*

Posted on: 2005/8/13 3:44

Deleted_
A real fight is not something fun, nor something to be proud of...

Personally I have been in three altercations that were about half a step away from deadly force, the details of which really are not all that important especially if they are for someone else's amusement.

Posted on: 2005/8/13 3:53

I realy dint expect this...
Occasional Visitor
From Valencia, Spain
Group:
Mmmm, though personaly I dont see anithing wrong whith the subject to which I opened a thread, that might just be my feeling.

It turns out that the kutaki members, or at least the ones that posted think its, at least, a bad taste subject, I'll ask the moderator to close the thread and no more be said.

I also ask anyone whos been disturbed by this thread for whichever reason, to forgiveme.

Posted on: 2005/8/13 4:24

Re: I realy dint expect this...
Occasional Visitor
From Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Group:
Although I can understand why many people would be insulted by people boasting of fights. I personally would still like to hear about people's experiences while in a combat/survival situation. As long as they are not boasting but rather simply attempting to describe emotions, feelings, what worked and didn't etc.

All of us here are not learning to knit or crochet (If you are you're on the wrong forum). We are learning a martial art and more specifically a combat martial art. I do agree it is never good to go out and pick a fight and I myself have never found myself in a serious altercation. But once again, it would be interesting and maybe even helpful to hear how others deal with trying to perform in a stressful situation.

Thanks,

Elias Dagher

Posted on: 2005/8/13 4:34

Honorary Villager
Group:
Fights can be avoided 99% of the time.That 1% you have to do whats necessary to create a safe immediate environment.My rule is to apply only what is necessary to create a stable safe area for yourself.We forget that sometimes it may be necessary to be offensive in nature in order to create that safe area.In our dojo we do not do offensive techniques much at all.We always wait for the attack first,which is fine a majority of the time,but sometimes it may be necessary to initiate in order to impede the percieved ramping up of aggression of opponents
in real life.That being said ,I feel we should be defensive in nature w/ the capability of offensiveness(comfortably) if necessary.

Posted on: 2005/8/13 6:50

Villager
From Phoenix, AZ
Group:
I'm happy to say I've never had to throw or dodge a punch in my 24 years.

Posted on: 2005/8/13 8:11

Occasional Visitor
Group:
If you spend any time going through old posts on the various Bunjikan forums you begin to see the reason nobody wants to talk about their real fight experiences is that very few have any to talk about. Even Dr. Hatsumi has never had to use his skill outside of training.(I know someone out their will reply asking how I know that Hatsumi hasn't been in a real fight. Its simple: don't you think if he had been we would have heard about it by now. Afterall, even if he was too modest to mention it the other party certainly would have). Usually the ones that have had experiences will tell you what happened. The ones that have no experience act offended and say we shouldn't talk about such things.

Any mention of real life situation in which a Bujinkan practioner claim to have used their skill usually goes something like this:

1. The Bujinkan member was walking down the street when up ahead there was a dangerous looking person(or persons) so they crossed the street to avoid the conflict. Of course this is attributed to their heighten ninja senses developed after years of training and not to simple common sense and teenage schoolgirl would have.

Or

2. The Bujinkan member is confronted by some angry individual that wants to fight and the Bujinkan practitioner gives the individual a “don’t mess with me” stare and the individual leaves. Once again this is attributed to their years of training. At what belt grade is the scary stare taught. I seem to have missed this lesson.

I'm sorry but, sugur coat it however you like, real life fighting is what we are training for. If you want to grow spiritually as a human being join a church. If you want exercise join a gym. You shouldn’t go to a dojo and train for years unless you want to learn to fight.

We are training in the fighting arts of the Samurai and Ninja. This isn't ballet we are doing here. Hundreds of years ago young men were training in these very same skills and were preparing to go to battle. When these young men asked those with combat experience to share their stories, I hardly think they were met with the same attitude of offense and told it was wrong to discuss such things. Stories of fights not only help give a idea of what to expect, what to watch out for, but build confidence in the art for those who have never used their skills. Why shouldn't it be talked about? There should be a forum expressly for talking about what happened, what worked, and what didn't work.

I find it questionable that there are those of you that will act offended when someone asks about real fight experiences and make them feel like they did something improper. Then ,in another thread, those same people that acted offended(and it is acting)will retell stories of the Great Takamatsu and his many fights to the death as proof of the effectiveness of the Bujinkan style.

Just for the record I have never been if a real fight, but I plan on being prepared if I do.

Posted on: 2005/8/13 9:12

(1) 2 3 4 ... 10 »

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor