Lost Password?

Register now!
Socialize

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: Diet.
Deleted_
Quote:
This is almost criminal. If you are going to be providing people with "advice" on how to cure Strep Throat - you should have more than a "hunch" that it works.

That's not a cure BTW.
I repeat: I am not a doctor, but I am very healthy! I can only assume that my healthy state is a natural result of the way I live my life.

Quote:
In the future - I would suggest you keep your posts off of this board if you don't like being questioned. Not only am I going to doubt you - I am going to call you out EVERYTIME you say something like this...

That's ok Daniel. I don't mind being questioned, and as I have said MANY times before it is perfectly ok with me that you doubt me. Don't worry, I didn't take it personally and don't see any reason anyone should "adjust" your karma point. See you soon.

Thanks,

Posted on: 2005/9/30 5:33
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Occasional Visitor
From New York
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Quote:

What makes you want to fashion your eating habits after a man in his 70's living in another country - who isn't a health expert?

Even better - why would you want to fashion your diet after a deceased man from another country - who lived in a different era (and again, wasn't a health expert)?

??? I am genuinely curious...

At least in part it might have something to do with the fact that Soke has mentioned dietary issues related to practicing the Art in print in several places. _Advanced Stick Fighting_ and _Togakure Ryu Ninpo Taijutsu_ come to mind off the top of my head. In the later the details of both Hatsumi Soke and Takamatsu Soke's daily diet and exercise practices are outlined as suggestions for pracitioners.

_Advanced Stick Fighting_ is a bit more direct in terms of general application. It suggests a simple, modest diety make up mostly of brown rice, vegetables, fish, sesame and soy products to be followed most of the time but allowing for modifications in diet while traveling, celebrating, etc. _Togakure Ryu Ninpo Taijutsu_ expands on this idea to include a good deal of walking, stretching and exercise added to one's daily routine.

Pretty sound dietary and health advise all things considered and in keeping with much of the recommendations of those working in the field of optimal health and nutrition (see the University of Arizona's Integrative Medicine program if you're interested). Easy modifications can be made for those interested in following the advise without necessarily following a quasi-Japanese diet such as the substitution of whole grain pastas in place of brown rice.

Also, last time I checked a professional bone setter, even if retired, is still considered a health expert in Japan and abroad.

Posted on: 2005/9/30 6:25

Deleted_
Quote:
I repeat: I am not a doctor, but I am very healthy! I can only assume that my healthy state is a natural result of the way I live my life.

Quote:
This may seem un-healthy, but I have been doctor and tapeworm free for at least 9 years. I usually only eat when I feel hungry and that happens around 2:00pm.

So which is it? Your second post you said you were a doctor in this thread.

Im glad eatting raw meat, eatting at 2, raw foods, sweating, drinking beer before bed and avoiding hot water water works for you, .... but because you are a healthy person, does not mean that this is the right diet for people in general. Im sure you also know that a diet with raw meat and such requires special precautions and to dispense half informationed advice to people about these things is irresponsible.

People, please stick with the advice from your health care providers and medical professionals. Or at least advice with some credibilty, history or research behind it.

Posted on: 2005/9/30 6:40

Deleted_
Quote:

Addam wrote:
That's not a cure BTW.

This is absurd. You are an idiot to draw those sorts of conclusions.

I am extremely healthy as well (and in EXCELLENT shape) - and I eat Jack-In-The-Box (fast food) hamburgers and deep-fat-fried tacos several times a week. I drink beer and soda, and will most likely smoke you in a mile run.

I don't say this to promote my lifestyle... just showing that trying to draw conclusions from your VERY specific life is stupid. I am EXTREMELY confident that deep-fat-fried tacos aren't considered health food -- AND IT IS IRRESPONSIBLE OF ME TO INFER THAT THEY ARE.

You aren't providing anything useful to the conversation...

-Daniel Weidman

PS. Addam - I am not doing this for your sake - I am doing this for EVERYONE else. You are already aware of what you are doing...

Posted on: 2005/9/30 6:49

Villager
Group:
Quote:

mach5 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
This may seem un-healthy, but I have been doctor and tapeworm free for at least 9 years. I usually only eat when I feel hungry and that happens around 2:00pm.

So which is it? Your second post you said you were a doctor in this thread.

No, what he said was that he has been doctor FREE (meaning, I assume, that he hasn't been to a doctor). Maybe slowing down when reading posts would be helpful either that or you need to visit your eye doctor.

Posted on: 2005/9/30 7:03

David Gadoury

Bujinkan Kokun Dojo
Bujinkan Tohoku Dojo

Deleted_
Quote:

dg wrote:
Quote:

No, what he said was that he has been doctor FREE (meaning, I assume, that he hasn't been to a doctor).

I suspect a better question is how he knows he is "tapeworm free" if he hasn't been to a Dr in 9 yrs. This is extremely unlikely with his statement of, "I have never eaten breakfast and only eat meat if uncooked."

Again - I am curious as to how he "knows" this to be the case... but I expect another round of "I don't care if you don't believe me...".

-Daniel Weidman

Posted on: 2005/9/30 7:49

Deleted_
Quote:

Fitz118 wrote:
...Also, last time I checked a professional bone setter, even if retired, is still considered a health expert in Japan and abroad.

Actually - a bone-setter would be considered a bone-setter abroad. This doesn't necessarily confer "Dietician" as a normal extension of expertise.

Why does anyone assume Hatsumi Sensei knows much about Diets? For that matter - what makes you think Densho hold much in the way of this either?

Ok... more directly to the point:

If what Hatsumi says agrees with what knowledgeable experts in the fields of nutrition and diets say - then why attach yourself to him instead of the experts? I am sure he would report himself as healthy - and lives a healthy lifestyle. With that said - I don't consider him an expert in the field (and the densho were written by people who are clearly not experts in the field of modern nutrition.

You even gave an example of a modern institution - but still refer to "printed" materials by Hatsumi - as if the University of Arizona is agreeing with Sensei instead of it being the other way around.

Why isn't this thread about "good general nutrition" instead of "the ninja southbeach diet"? Again - why the attachment to Sensei for this?

-Daniel Weidman
Bujinkan TenChiJin Guy...

Posted on: 2005/9/30 8:02

Permanent Village Fixture
From Centerville, Ohio
Group:
DCWeidman,
You are young, and so, "healthy." Me too. Diet is not so much a concern for you because you aren't nearing a point where too many tacos could kill you. If you were 55 your diet would be of greater concern. If diabetes ran in your family, maybe you would care a bit more. If it doesn't involve you and you don't care about it, let others post on it and discuss. Also, some people see Soke as a mentor and not just a budo instructor, and they look to him for more than simply fighting technique.

By the way, while I don't think there is anything good about eating only raw meat, I also don't think its a good thing to insult people. Call it a talking diet.

Posted on: 2005/9/30 9:09

Deleted_
The question was: "What diet does soke follow?"

I answered it.

When his advice was questioned I felt my opinion might make a difference to someone. When soke says something I will do it. I know this may sound like being a mindless follower, but I think that he has a better understanding of the relationship between "heaven earth and man" than myself. So if he says to do something, I do, and do not question, or seek the advice of a supposed expert.

This is a Bujinkan related board, so the diet that the soke of the Bujinkan arts suggests for his students, might be important to some other Bujinkan students that have devoted their lives to their training. If you do not agree with soke that is your decision. I am sorry that my lifestyle is so offensive to you. It was not my intention to frustrate you so much Daniel.

I'm not trying to sell anything here, and I am NOT a doctor. Please read my posts more carefully before attacking me with your keyboards.

I don't see how a post about diet can become so hateful. I am ashamed to have my name associated with all this negativity that has since been created.

Posted on: 2005/9/30 10:39

村長 :: Sonchou
From Budapest - Hungary
Group:
議長 :: Mod
村長 :: Admin
OK let's stay at the original subject.

I also want to add to my previous post, that if anyone needs advice on nutrition/diet, then all this discussion about "What diet Soke follows" is somewhat pointless.

Because if you would happen to have the chance to discuss it with Hatsumi Sensei (as you're interested in His view on this subject), probably He would recommend you something else. Maybe the same diet that he follows, or maybe not. Because everybody is different. What applies to Hatsumi Sensei, might not apply to you.

In addition, if you don't even ask Hatsumi Sensei about this, just try to guess what might be useful for you by His opinion... then this discussion is just a useless babbling. Just guessing which is either correct or not.

Btw strange that you are able to stress even in such a "mild" topic. Men - they take everything sooooo seriously Almost kill for nothing - just one more step away.

Posted on: 2005/9/30 17:31

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor