« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: List of Gyokko Ryu Waza
Cant Stay Offline
From Pennsylvania, USA
Group:
村民 :: Villager
議長 :: Mod
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
I don't understand the concern about letting people see the lists of techniques in our different ryu. Those lists really give the person NOTHING, in and of themselves. If you don't see them demonstrated, and have the principles behind them explained it is just like that great example of
"baking a cake" just given here. Those techniques are the very basic level of kindergarden study and without direction will lead nowhere. Sorry gents, you can be a "kata collector" but that won't aid you in this art, work on understanding the principles instead. THAT will help you.
Ed Martin aka Papa-san

Posted on: 2005/12/24 23:44
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Frequent Visitor
Group:
http://www.mbdojo.com/ryukata.html

I think you'll find that link works, it's just, it had a full stop on the end.

So if you went into your browser and removed the fullstop from the website address, it should work fine, or click on the link above.

Grant Williams.

Posted on: 2005/12/25 0:26

Frequent Visitor
From California
Group:
Thank you for your input Papa-San, I couldn't agree more. Training at this last Daikomyosai reminded me of just how much more I have to learn about the techniques that we reviewed. I think that a "collector" will easily miss the forest for the trees.

As I told a fellow student, I think that I could see Sensei's lessons on each kata going everywhere. I felt that I could catch about 15 or 20 points out of 50 on each technique. And then I realized that I could only SEE 50 points and there were certainly more. Some I'll never catch for sure!

I've even met people in the past who felt that they were done with the Bujinkan because they "knew" all of the kata now. It was obvious that they didn't. But then again, they were just collecting.

By the way, I appreciate your help at the Daikomyosai. And I wanted to thank you for helping our younger student get over some nerves and perform a technique in front of Sensei. That really meant alot to him.

Grant, thanks again. Now I got it. That is a very impressive list, the most complete I've seen in one place.

Posted on: 2005/12/25 4:07

Permanent Village Fixture
From Austin,TX
Group:
I would just like to add my opinion of kata. The kata are like the refueling station for a space explorer. That's it. They do not encompass everything, in fact they encompass very little of all of reality. However, the concepts in them are very necessary, and must constantly be re-evaluated and re-explored.

This is my opinion.

Posted on: 2005/12/27 3:25

Please be careful not to have preconceptions, and to always remember the idea of truth-and-falsehood.
-- Hatsum

Active Kutakian
From Rome, GA
Group:
very nice lists grant, i will ask my teacher about what i have missing. any new info i get i might pass on. depending.

Posted on: 2005/12/27 13:01

« 1 2 3 (4)

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor