Recent Topics

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Upcoming Seminar
Frequent Visitor
From BFWT
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Kenjutsu Kihon and Tameshigiri Seminar

On July 26th the International Martial Arts Academy of Allen, Texas (a suburb of Dallas) will present a one day seminar on the fundamentals of the Kukishin ryu kenpo (sword methods of the Kuki tradition) taught by Shihan Luke Molitor of the Jigoku Dojo. Mr. Molitor has a vast amount of knowledge and experience in the Japanese warrior arts and ways, and splits his time between Japan and Texas furthering his training under Soke Hatsumi Masaaki. He is also a trusted, personal student of Nagase Hiroshi, Someya Kenichi, and Nagato Toshiro. The Kukishin ryu is a complete Japanese feudal military system with its origins dating back over 600 years.

This seminar will encompass beginning techniques of etiquette, postures, movement, proper cutting, mindset, basic forms, and cutting practice - with the primary focus of the seminar being on the mechanics of cutting correctly, and specific drills to instill the correct feeling of the Kukishin ryu sword methods. There will be personal, hands on instruction for each participant at every level. At the end of instruction there will be an opportunity for tameshigiri, traditional test cutting practice, for advanced students.

The entry fee of $50.00 will include rolled and soaked targets of tatami omote (rolled straw floor mats). More targets may be purchased in addition to what is provided. If you are interested in additional targets, please contact us at least two weeks before the seminar. Due to the nature of the seminar attendance will be limited, so be sure to pre-register to reserve your place. All applications must be received no later then four days before the seminar. Please bring a fukuroshinai (leather covered shinai), shinai, and/or bokken (wood training sword) for training. Live weapons used for tameshigiri must be inspected before the seminar starts. When you register, please inform us if you intend on bringing a live blade with you.

For more information or to send payment contact:

The International Martial Arts Academy
Attn: Luke Molitor
2035 West McDermott Dr.
Suite 460
Allen, TX 75013
972-359-9552
ryujin99@lycos.com

Posted on: 2003/6/19 15:34
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Upcoming Seminar
Villager
Group:
議長 :: Mod
who?

ML

Posted on: 2003/6/20 11:13

?
Frequent Visitor
From BFWT
Group:
I'm afraid I don't understand the question. What are you referring to exactly? I'm a bit slow in the head these days.

- Ken Anderson

Posted on: 2003/6/24 1:53

Re: ?
Kutaki Postmaster
From Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Group:
Quote:
I'm afraid I don't understand the question. What are you referring to exactly?

It's Mike's tongue-in-cheek way of hinting that Luke and he have probably not ever met (even though Mike has been in Japan for well over a decade).

When Luke was in Japan, he trained consistently with Nagase-sensei and Nagato-sensei, and with Soke at Ayase. During that time, I doubt he and Mike really met that much. Mike is a "Nodakko" ("Noda child") after all.

Thus the one-liner questioning who Luke is....

-ben

Posted on: 2003/6/24 7:48

Its all cleared up now...
Villager
Group:
議長 :: Mod
Oops sorry guys!

Actually Luke was nice enough to remind me

who he was and that we met at the legendary

Saizeria dojo where dorinkuba- sensei teaches...

If you ask Luke, maybe he'll show you the planets

biggest bruise(apart from some mark a large rock

from space made that decimated most life oh, a

while back and paved the way for bujin-mammalia)

ML

Posted on: 2003/6/24 13:13

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor