« 1 (2)

Re: Edit Button
Cant Stay Offline
From Sacramento, CA (USA)
Group:
村民 :: Villager
村長 :: Admin
議長 :: Mod
Just a thought... On another thread, I wasn't clear in my comments and the following post Daniel pointed it out for me to explain - which I did in a new entry.

If I had gone back to edit my original post, it would make Daniel's seem silly and nonsensical.

So, whether using edits or not, sometimes it can change the whole dynamic of a string if done later on in the dialogue.

Personally, I like the conversational approach. In conversation, you can't preview your words, only further explain or correct yourself afterward. Sometimes, the raw, unedited exchange of dialogue can say far more than the words each person is using.

Posted on: 2006/2/5 7:15

I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, or in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. ~ Thomas Jefferson
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Permanent Village Fixture
Group:
Gaijin (Inactive)
Jan - I've never used the preview button. That would have been an option. Thanks for telling me that all of the other boards that are weird, that explains everything.

Darren - Yeah, I've thought about the possibility of removing or editing a post maliciously. In fact I believe I removed some posts from a thread once that I ultimately decided I didn't want to be an archived part of.

Thanks for fixing this though Jan. I personally appreciate it.

Posted on: 2006/2/5 9:39

Unsubscribed
Deleted_Unsubscribed
Eva,

"Men will never understand women"???

too true....but then, that's mostly due to the fact that we're too busy scratching our heads about why women never understand us.

i'll stop the world and melt with you,

mark spada

Posted on: 2006/2/5 10:27

村長 :: Sonchou
From Victoria, BC, Canada
Group:
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
Hi there,

Jeremy aka diamondjoe here. One of the other Admins here on Kutaki . . .

First, I would like to say a big thank you to Jan for now allowing users a window of time to edit their posts after they have posted them. Hopefully, this will be very useful to many Kutakians! Jan also pointed out a really good feature that Kutaki has when posting. The edit button. Please have a go with it when you are just about to post.

Quote:

Strider wrote:
Jan, do you think you or another moderator could do something about all these new villagers not signing their posts with their real names? i don't find cowardice to be a virtue.

New villagers who register without putting their real full name in their profile have their accounts immediately deleted. So unless a new villager has not yet come under the radar of myself or one of the other two admins, you can most likely see their real full name in their profile by simply clicking on their user name.

Signing posts with a user's real name is strongly encouraged here on Kutaki. One can easily put one's full name in the signature of their profile and then simply click on the "Attach Signature" when posting. However, it might take some time for a new user to get comfortable with Kutaki and become aware of this. They might not be worthy of the title, "unvirtuous coward" if they simply have not yet realized that it is common practice here to do so.

Have a great day!

Posted on: 2006/2/5 14:41

Village Old Timer
From Dayton, Ohio
Group:
Quote:

Cuthalion wrote:
*sigh* I kinda knew you would take me wrong. Well, men will never understand women

Eva, we don't need to understand "women", but just really need to undersand one "woman".

Marty

Posted on: 2006/2/5 18:09

村長 :: Sonchou
From Budapest - Hungary
Group:
村長 :: Admin
Quote:

Strider wrote:

too true....but then, that's mostly due to the fact that we're too busy scratching our heads about why women never understand us.

i'll stop the world and melt with you,

Hahahaha Okay I give it in, I am too much in minority in here
Seriously: sorry guys, I did not mean to start such an avalanche here. This topic has gone a bit too far from a simple announcement. I guess I should have kept my mouth shut.
And yes Jan, thank you very much for the edit option!

Eva (your humble servant)

Posted on: 2006/2/5 18:42

Unsubscribed
Deleted_Unsubscribed
my thanks go to Jan and Jeremy for taking the time to sort things out for us here.

oh, and Eva....

please don't ever feel that you should keep your mouth shut. after all, that wouldn't be very natural for a woman now would it?

sorry. i'll go drag my knuckles somewhere else now.

hungry like the wolf,

mark spada

Posted on: 2006/2/5 21:44

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor