Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

New Bujinkan T-shirts
Occasional Visitor
From Victoria, B.C. Canada
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Hi all,

I just wanted to draw some attention to some new bujinkan t-shirts and sleeveless t-shirts I have listed on ebay.
Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.ca/Bujinkan-Budo-Taij ... 73983QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

cheers,
Jon Thompson

Posted on: 2006/2/24 13:38
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: New Bujinkan T-shirts
Frequent Visitor
Group:
if you list them on www.gaijinbay.com you might have a good response! I am bidding on some cool stuff too there!

Posted on: 2006/2/25 17:01

Occasional Visitor
Group:
Thanks for the sugestion Guido. I'm not getting any response on ebay. After 1200 views on one of the shirts there is no response.
I'm starting to think the design isn't as good as I had thought. Can anyone give me some feedback?

Thanks,
Jon Thompson

Posted on: 2006/2/25 22:31

Frequent Visitor
Group:
I like them a lot! but I think ebay is just not targeted enough, hence the other site I am very happy with!

Just try it with your target market, people with a serious interest and make it a little nicer... like some people pictures during a local training sesssion or something... that way people see the face behind the shirt and are more inclined maybe to purchase from you...

And again.. sell it on gaijinbay.com they are specific for Japanese things.. and lots of bujinkan people!

By the way.. I dont get a commission or something hehehehe, just happy about it!

Posted on: 2006/2/25 22:40

Occasional Visitor
Group:
Just Listed,
MULITPLE AUCTIONS for Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu Sleeveless Tshirts and Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu Tshirts. HIGH QUALITY SILK SCREENS on HIGH QUALITY 100% Cotton GILDAN shirts. Bids starting at $16.99 US. Clck on the link below for complete listings.

http://search.ebay.ca/_W0QQsassZbujinragsQQhtZ-1

Thanks,
Jon Thompson

Posted on: 2006/2/26 5:00

Frequent Visitor
From Omaha, NE
Group:
You asked for a bit of feedback on your shirts, so I will give it to you. A bit of background, I am a web developer and graphic designer so i know a bit about use of space, color, etc.

The font: It looks a bit more middle east or persian then eastern. Kind of reminds me of the Zildgen logo. I dont have a specific font to suggest, the only thing I can say is something less exotic and easier to read would be better. If we were going for the Nifty factor I w0uld wr!73 3^#ry 7#!ng !n L337. Nifty, but not functional.

The Logo: I would make the Bujin crest in the middle a bit bigger overlapping more of the background image. It feels like you are putting more emphasis on the background image, and saying "oh by the way, its Bujinkan".

Maybe a slogan under the Budo Taijitsu line. The shirt in whole feels like an unfinished billboard. THere are pretty flowers a girl flying a kite, and in the middle of it is "Budo Taijitsu". It leaves me going ok, what is Budo Taijitsu. Come up with something catchy like "The most dangerous weapon you posses is having no weapon at all." It says to me ok, Budo Taijitsu, unarmed combat.

I hope my feedback has helped and I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Posted on: 2006/4/29 0:02

Cant Stay Offline
From Sacramento, CA (USA)
Group:
村長 :: Admin
議長 :: Mod
Personally, I like a quote I saw in another forum:

"Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu - Understand, Good, me neither!"

Now THAT would be a shirt for ME!

Posted on: 2006/4/29 1:45

I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, or in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Unsubscribed
Deleted_Unsubscribed
Hi Darren

I've just bought a embroidery machine and once i figure out how to use the thing i will be making some t-shirts with that phrase on it.

And as you seem like a nice chap i will run and extra one off and send to you.

Posted on: 2006/4/29 7:31

Cant Stay Offline
From Sacramento, CA (USA)
Group:
村長 :: Admin
議長 :: Mod
Thank you, Gary! I check my PM regularly, so feel free to drop me a note...

Cheers! (tippin' a pint of ol' bubbly)

Posted on: 2006/4/29 7:39

I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, or in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Occasional Visitor
Group:
Thanks for the feedback Man of Virtues. My intention was not to make a shirt that really advertises the Bujinkan. I enjoy the confused look I get when people read the shirt. I have no interest in commercializing what we study. I was just really unimpressed with the shirts I found online and designed for myself first hoping others would like them too.
Originally I was going to make Moko no Tora University hoodies\shirts but wasn't sure how disrespectful that would be or what permission I would need.
If anyone has ideas for shirts please post them. If I can't get them made maybe someone else will.

cheers,
Jon Thompson

Posted on: 2006/4/30 0:42

(1) 2 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor