Kutaki Access - Important!
村長 :: Sonchou
From Brussels
Group:
村民 :: Villager
議長 :: Mod
村長 :: Admin
Dear all,

After having discussed this with the moderators and the shidoshi's on this board, it has been decided to require bujinkan membership to be able to have full access to Kutaki.
Non-bujinkan persons can still view all the threads but will only be able to post in a restricted number of forums (dojo x etc...).

To gain access to the full forum you'll need to upload a scan of your Bujinkan Membership Card (the little yellow card). Your name has to be clearly visible on the card. To upload the scan please click on the link "MemberCard" in the Main Menu on the right.

All those who have not uploaded their scan of their membership card 2006 will loose posting rights from Easter on (Sunday 16 of April 2006).

Kutaki has always been a discussion forum for bujinkan members to talk about bujinkan related issues. This decision was taken in the hope to improve the quality of this board.

Take care,

Jan Ramboer
(and also in name of Jeremy and Shawn)

Posted on: 2006/3/14 3:02

‘It is only when the eyes and the brain get exhausted that there are no lies and you can get the truth’ Thomas Hirschhorn
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Kutaki Access - Important!
From Brussels
Group:
Change over delayed untill 1st of May.

Take care,

Jan

Posted on: 2006/3/15 4:31

‘It is only when the eyes and the brain get exhausted that there are no lies and you can get the truth’ Thomas Hirschhorn

From Chiba, Japan
Group:
As a follow-up to Jan's announcement, I'd like to clarify the following:

- This change was given the consent of both the majority of Kutaki moderators as well as the majority of Shidoshikai forum members.

- It was mentioned ahead on time of the Kutaki Podcast as far back as early last December (I think it was).

- These forums will continue to be open for the use of those who do not submit membership cards: Dojo X, Questions from non-Bujinkanners, and Seminars.

Judging by the forums that we are leaving open for the public, you can see that this decision is being made with the intention of first directing non-members towards finding actual training opportunites, as that should be our first priority before getting too deep into Internet discussion about this or that without having first actually experienced training.

It has never been the purpose of Kutaki to serve as a substitute for training, and the last few months have seen a gradual degeneration of the quality of posts, including much posting by people who are not Bujinkan members claiming to speak authoritatively on Bujinkan-related subjects. Kutaki is a Bujinkan community whose first priority has always been to act as a gateway for people to get into actual physical Bujinkan training first, and then to discuss related topics as a secondary priority.

Feedback is welcome in the Villager's Voice forum, although there is next to no chance of this decision being revoked as it has been discussed by the admins back and forth for a good number of months as well as having the approval of both the moderators and the Shidoshikai forum members, as already mentioned.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter, and we look forward to your continued participation in the Kutaki community.

Shawn

Posted on: 2006/3/17 16:29

Gurei Dojo | Blog
Facebook

From Budapest - Hungary
Group:
Straight speach, fair deal.
These restrictions were about time. Hopefully the quality of the discussions will increase by the second half of the year.

Eva

Posted on: 2006/3/17 16:59

Deleted_
I have no inclination to dig around for a stupid card to in order to remain a 'full member'. I don't think I have even purchased my card this year, yet.

No doubt, the quality of the board will be much improved without my contributions.

Excellent idea.

Posted on: 2006/3/19 9:42

Active Kutakian
From Vancouver, WA
Group:
Certainly the stupidity will go away because the posting members will finally get their cards, become enlightened, and not have to worry about safety bubbles being burst by ideals or contradictory philosophies from outside, and therefor lesser, sources. Finally, a safe place to post! Now I can learn from enlightened individuals who will tell each other what the others want to hear. I can learn about combs being a suitable replacement for a knife, how most techniques won't work in a "street situation" and how awesome Sensei is with out any outsiders mucking up the feel good force with outside dissent.

I will take my little yellow card and shred it so it can't be used for intellectual evil. Much like this sight would.

Posted on: 2006/3/19 10:01

"But if you have someone who is in great need and you are still stron

Cant Stay Offline
From Sacramento, CA (USA)
Group:
Whether you agree or not, this is really not a democracy. Kutaki is the personal property of Shawn and a few others who have taken great pains and personal expense to put this site together for the benefit of fellow Bujinkan buyu and those who are interested in Bujinkan training.

This "club" has many, many members and it is amazing how rarely the "donate" option is ever used (I include myself there - sorry, Shawn!). So, we all are just enjoying the free ride and I am still astonished how ungrateful many people are about it.

Just because those of us "legitimate" Bujinkan members hold little yellow cards does not, in any way, suggest we are somehow clones or incapable of intelligent and challenging thoughts, ideas and debates.

Just because you don't have a membership doesn't mean that you are capable of it, either.

However, as is with all forums, credibility, authenticity and respect is always an issue.

There are other forums out there which carry no exclusiveness and are quite entertaining to read, so having Kutaki become a "members only" club is no big deal in the greater scope of things. One can always choose to participate elsewhere.

This new direction is the right and free choice of Shawn, who owns the site, and the few who work hard to maintain it.

Posted on: 2006/3/19 11:25

I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, or in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Honorary Villager
From Sioux Empire
Group:
Darren,

You are correct in stating that this is Shawn's site and it is his to do with as he wishes. That was not the point of either Aric or Phil's posts. Both were, I'm sure, making reference to the stated hope and implied theory that the level of the discussion bar will be raised by virtue of the new posting rules. While this theory/hope remains to be proven/validated or disproven/dashed, I agree with Aric and Phil that requiring posters to have a yellow card will not, in and of itself, raise the bar.

Yes, having the yellow card does not make one wise or unwise. No, not having the yellow card does not make one wise or unwise. Having the yellow card makes you a yellow card holder... and coupled with an internet connection, able to post on Kutaki.

May the bar be raised.

Posted on: 2006/3/19 11:46

"I believe now there is no school worth its existence except as it's a form of nature study..."

-Frank Lloyd Wright

Deleted_
Yes, Les, that is exactly what I was getting at.

I can't see how it was misinterpreted... funny though Darren, that you indicated this site is 'not a democracy' when just a couple posts back Shawn indicated this was done by a majority vote of shidoshikai members and participants.

Sounds democratic to me. Neato!

Posted on: 2006/3/19 12:04

Cant Stay Offline
From Hamina, Finland
Group:
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
Holding a yellow card... might that be a soccer referee?

In this case holder of this yellow (or beige) card makes you a member of the Bujinkan Dôjô. Nothing to do with enlightenment, skill or such.

I wonder who ever came up with this membership issue in the 1st place... and who tries to enforce it every year...

Posted on: 2006/3/19 16:26
(Bujinkan Budōka since 1985)

(1) 2 3 4 ... 6 »

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor