Kyudo within the nine schools 47 1/3 22:40
Unsubscribed

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

SHIDOSHI KACEM ZOUGHARI: Los Angeles, CA, USA - May 6th & 7th
Just Passing Through
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Hello Everyone,
For those interested, I will be hosting a 2-day seminar in Los Angeles, CA, on May 6th & 7th, 2006 with Shidoshi Kacem Zoughari of Paris, France. A senior student of Ishizuka-sensei, translator and personal secretary to Soke Masaaki Hatsumi, and combat instructor to the North African Miltary Forces, Kacem will instruct on the ninpo approach to 'shinkengata' or 'real fighting'.
This will be Kacem's first seminar in Southern California and is a rare training opportunity to experience Kacem's rare and unique perspective on the ninpo approach to shinkengata. More information can be found and reservations made at: www.webcurb.com/shinobiwinds
Thank you for your time. Hope to see you
there.

Sincerely,
BRANDON ALVAREZ

Posted on: 2006/3/26 21:50
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: SHIDOSHI KACEM ZOUGHARI: Los Angeles, CA, USA - May 6th & 7th
Frequent Visitor
From New Orleans, Louisiana
Group:
Looking forward greatly to the seminar and that Southern California weather!!! Thank you for taking the time and effort to organize such an event with Mr. Zoughari on the West Coast.

Sincerely,
Freya Devereaux
Metairie, Louisiana

Posted on: 2006/4/4 13:34

Frequent Visitor
Group:
I had the chance to meet Kacem while in Japan but never got to see him in action.It would be nice to one day get him down here to play as I keep hearing his seminars are great and he has a unique perspective on Budo.
Does anyone know if Kacem has a web site or his official bio about his expertise and training that I can find on the net ?

Daniel Bowley

Posted on: 2006/4/5 12:13

Honorary Villager
From New York City
Group:
Quote:
I had the chance to meet Kacem while in Japan but never got to see him in action.It would be nice to one day get him down here to play as I keep hearing his seminars are great and he has a unique perspective on Budo.
Does anyone know if Kacem has a web site or his official bio about his expertise and training that I can find on the net ?
-firesteel

Kacem does not have a website or an official bio that I know of. I was very careful when I put up his bio in advertising his seminar for New York City, coming up in May, 27-28 of 2006.

There are many incorrect bios on the internet and a lot of false rumors, so it's good that you want something "official." I don't think you will find an official one though, and it's really a pity that so many people have put false bios up without doing their fact checking. As of this moment the bio listed under our upcoming NYC seminar is as close to as official as I think you can get. Again, I was very careful...

Where do you live?

Posted on: 2006/4/6 16:10

New York City Benevolent Heart Dojo
www.BenevolentHeart.org

Frequent Visitor
Group:
Hi Josh thanks for the info.I was more interested in other arts Kacem had trained in not having been aware he had trained with Soke for that long.Both times I met Kacem he was in suit and tie so to speak and I just thought he was a talented Budoka from another art related to ours who had struck up a friendship with Soke and started training with us more recently. I live in Australia.

Posted on: 2006/4/7 12:15

Honorary Villager
From New York City
Group:
Quote:

firesteel wrote:
Hi Josh thanks for the info.I was more interested in other arts Kacem had trained in not having been aware he had trained with Soke for that long.Both times I met Kacem he was in suit and tie so to speak and I just thought he was a talented Budoka from another art related to ours who had struck up a friendship with Soke and started training with us more recently. I live in Australia.

Why did you think he was talented? I think Kacem, at least until recently, has been quietly unobtrusive, which I think is a good ninpo talent.

Isn't Kacem doing a seminar in Australia in the near future? Or perhaps he recently did...

Anyway you are more than welcome to come to NYC to meet him. Since you would be coming from so far, I'd try to find you a place to stay, so you wouldn't have to pay for a hotel. NYC can be a lot of fun too, good vacation spot.

Posted on: 2006/4/8 9:42

New York City Benevolent Heart Dojo
www.BenevolentHeart.org

Just Passing Through
Group:
Hello Everyone,
Just a reminder that Kacem will be flying into Los Angeles next week to instruct a Shinkengata seminar on Saturday and Sunday, May 6th and 7th from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on both days. Both armed and unarmed tactics will be covered. This being Kacem's first seminar in the Southern California area, it is definitely a rare and wonderful training opportunity not to be missed!
The seminar will be held at: Slickforce Studio
155 West Washington Blvd.
Suite 650
Los Angeles, CA 90015
213.489.9309 phone
868.452.9758 fax
www.slickforce.com/studio.html
Walk-in's are welcome on the days of the seminar. Complimentary refreshments will also be made available to all attendees. Hope to see you there!!! Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,
BRANDON ALVAREZ

Posted on: 2006/4/29 17:36

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor