BladesPro 25 1/3 22:35
Unsubscribed

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

KACEM ZOUGHARI: 1st Time in NEW YORK CITY, USA - MAY 27th & 28th
Honorary Villager
From New York City
Group:
村民 :: Villager
Bujinkan New York City Benevolent Heart Dojo is pleased to announce a weekend seminar with Kacem Zoughari.

Mr. Zoughari, a Ph.D. candidate in Japanese History and Culture, will be offering his unique perspective on "Shinken Kihon" and "Bukiwaza", the real fighting fundamentals and weapon techniques of the Bujinkan.

Kacem Zoughari, a long time student of Masaaki Hatsumi has lived and trained in Japan, on and off for the last 16 years. While in Japan, he has been the personal translator and secretary for Soke Masaaki Hatsumi as well as being a translator of the Quest Video Company.

Kacem is a "Lavoisier" (researcher) at the French Department of Foreign Affairs. He is also a researcher and instructor of Japanese Language for INALCO, National Institute for the Study of Oriental Languages and Civilizations. Lastly, Kacem is a member of the Nihon Budo Gakkai (Budo Researcher's Organization of Japan).

He is the Author of "Ninpô-Ninjutsu, L'ombre de la Lumiere", and several articles about Ninjutsu and koryu-ha. He is a frequent worldwide university lecturer, having appeared at the Kodokan Judo Institute, Nihon Budokan Kyokai and Ryukyu Kai and other locations.

For "Out of Towners"

The end of May through June is perfect for a visit to NYC. There are plenty of fun Events and Activities to see while you are in the heart of NYC.

Please check out our site soon for our suggestions.

And an exhibit that many New Yorkers have been raving about:
http://www.bodiestheexhibition.com/

We would also like to help you find the best accommodations possible. Please check our site for information updates on affordable lodging and fill out a registration form so we can best help you.

Tasty Budo, Tasty "Big Apple"

Please join us for a tour of the best food of NYC.
• World famous Cantonese China Town delicacies
• Mouth-watering classic NYC Deli food in the heart of the theatre district
• Authentic Korean flavors from NYC's Korea Town
• And for the Banquet feast: fantastic Florentine Italian Cuisine
-Pre-registration or reservation is necessary for restaurant reservations.

Please revisit our site for sample menus.

This is going to be a fun, exciting, seminar!

SPACE IS LIMITED SO PLEASE RESERVE A SPOT OR REGISTER SOON.

For more information and details please visit our website:

Bujinkan New York City Benevolent Heart Dojo

Posted on: 2006/3/27 15:46

New York City Benevolent Heart Dojo
www.BenevolentHeart.org
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: KACEM ZOUGHARI: 1st Time in NEW YORK CITY, USA - MAY 27th & 28th
Kutaki Postmaster
Group:
Hi Josh!!
Great news! Good luck for your seminar!!!
See you soon,
Paolo

Posted on: 2006/3/28 18:33

Honorary Villager
From New York City
Group:
Ooops, forgot one fun point in Kacem's bio:

Quote:
Mr. Zoughari is an instructor of Special Forces in North Africa and an advisor for police and security forces specializing in close protection.

And some of my own opinions:

Quite simply, Kacem is a scholar with unprecedented knowledge in the Bujinkan Traditions and Koryu-ha. Moreover he has the uncanny ability to clearly show his vast knowledge through his Taijutsu. His movements are remarkable and effective, hence the interest of various military, police and security personnel in his instruction.

If you haven't met Kacem yet, then you owe it to your training and yourself to meet him. If you have met him, well, then I’m sure we will see you at the seminar.

If you need help with finding, hotels, hostels, and housing, E-mail us, we would like to make your trip to NYC as enjoyable as possible.

Posted on: 2006/4/2 3:43

www.BenevolentHeart.org

Villager
From Wisconsin USA
Group:
議長 :: Mod
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
Kacem is definitely worth the effort to go to train with.
Big eye opener.

Posted on: 2006/4/10 14:56

Honorary Villager
From New York City
Group:
Important Seminar Announcements:

The pre-registration phase for the seminar has gone exceedingly well. Because of the strong timely response for pre-registration we have secured a larger location for the seminar.

The Sports Club / LA Upper East Side
330 E. 61st
New York, NY 10021

Late Registration till May22nd:

We now have a bit more leeway to accommodate a larger amount of participants and are now able to accommodate those who have missed the May 4th deadline pre-registration / reservation deadline. In order to accommodate this group we have left open the “Reserve A Spot” option on the website till May 22nd. After May 22nd we can not guarantee a spot at the seminar and the option will be removed.

Even though a larger space has been rented, walk in registration is still discouraged, as we would like to limit the seminar to a manageable sized group.

No Reservation (Strongly Discouraged)
2 Days at Door - $190.00
1 Day at Door - $110.00

The walks in rates are higher in order to discourage last minute registrants.

Training Weapons and Equipment:

Please bring: full uniforms (top and bottom), tanto(wooden), bokken and bo.
*No live or sharp weapons are permitted. The training location is a private club and this rule will be strongly enforced.*
***Photo ID required to get access to the club and therefore the seminar.***

Food:

Because of the change of seminar location to the larger location we are dropping the plan of having an organized group lunch. There are many diverse lunch locations within walking distance of the seminar local. We are still planning on reserving dinner accommodations for those interested, both Saturday and Sunday night.

Thanks for all of your support! This is going to be a great seminar!

Posted on: 2006/5/6 9:58

www.BenevolentHeart.org

Honorary Villager
From New York City
Group:
I received permission to post the following e-mail: It was written shortly after the Kacem Seminar in LA. It is from the point of view of an experienced Bujinkan and other martial arts practitioner who had until the seminar never trained with Kacem. I thought it was nice to see a well written review of a Kacem seminar from someone who just trained with him for the first time and who is not affiliated with Kacem or the hosts of the seminars. I’ll let you draw your own conclusions though. Enjoy.

Quote:

I attended the "Kaceminar" in Los Angeles this past weekend and felt obliged to post a brief report.

First of all, many of you on this list probably don't know anything about Kacem (except perhaps from what you may have read in seminar blurbs). Suffice it to say that his knowledge of the ryuha we supposedly study in the Bujinkan is rivaled by very few, and his skills are exemplary. He has clearly modeled not just his movement but other traits on Hatsumi-sensei. Physically, he is an example to those of us in the Bujinkan who do not spend enough time working on junan taiso, conditioning, and atemi no tanren(strike training). His movement was free and lively, his range of motion unrestricted.

Kacem taught with enthusiasm and humor, with a clear progression throughout the seminar. While he made frequent digressions, showing many concepts in rapid fire succession and inevitably capturing the attention of everyone in the room even when not intending to, his message was to dilligently practice the fundamentals. He demonstrated several abilities of subtle movement that the average practitioner (even longtime practitioner) does not posess. Many of these appear to be keys to the ryugi or technical movements of our ryuha. Of more contemporary interest, Kacem demonstrated a few ideas he has used successfully against Brazilian jujutsu experts and the like. Far from being a mere lecturer on abstract and arcane historical movement concepts, his real-world experience is self-evident in his expression of the art.

Technically, Kacem covered material that is formally labeled as Shinken-gata, including elements of chi and sui no kata, omote and ura gyaku, musha-dori. He also showed some Gyokko-ryu hanbojutsu. He peppered his movements with strikes and kicks that were often startling and seemed to
come out of nowhere. All during this time he demonstrated restraint and control so that he did not injure any of his ukes.

Kacem also showed a number of interesting media, including a preview of the to be published English version of his book on the history of ninjutsu.

I must highly recommend that anyone who has a chance, train with Kacem at any opportunity, and if you can, go out of your way to do so. Note the upcoming seminar in New York. He will also be returning to California next
year.

Best regards,

Garth Lynch
Bujinkan Tenchijin Soko-Wan Training Group

Posted on: 2006/5/12 7:04

www.BenevolentHeart.org

Honorary Villager
From Sedona, Arizona
Group:
Interesting how this was posted after the comment that the other guy made in the Kacem post.

His name was deleted so I don't know it.

Funny part is no one answered his question...LMAO

I plan on attending either way...

Fred Raines Jr.

Posted on: 2006/5/12 22:11

Cant Stay Offline
From Pennsylvania, USA
Group:
議長 :: Mod
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
It is my opinion that it is always best to see for yourself and then you decide. That was a well written description on Kacem's seminar. Students will know if they are recieving valuable training and eventually vote with their feet. I applaud those who see for themselves.
Ed Martin aka Papa-san

Posted on: 2006/5/12 23:37

Honorary Villager
From Sedona, Arizona
Group:
I agree with you Mr. Martin, This is why I am attending the seminar to see for myself. I have heard mixed feelings on his taijutsu, so I want to decide for myself.

Fred Raines Jr.

Posted on: 2006/5/13 2:08

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor