Certificates 0 2018/5/8 4:34
schistkicker

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Hatsumi Videos from the 80's
Frequent Visitor
From Chicago
Group:
村民 :: Villager
I am happy to be able to offer you a rare glimpse at what training was like in Japan in the 1980's. The frist 3 in a series of DVD's has been made available for purchase. These are not commercially available videos of Soke, rather home videos taken with his permission by Greg Kowalski while he was living there in the 1980's. You will see Japanese senior instructors past and present as well as some early foreigners being used as Soke's ukes. You may even see some of your friends wearing a white belt.

The first lot of these sold out quickly so you may not want to wait to place your order. I hope you will enjoy a rare glimpse into the past.

http://www.chicago-ninjutsu.org/video/videoform.pdf

Mark Agostino
Bujinkan Chicago Dojo
chicago-ninjutsu.org

Posted on: 2006/4/7 14:23
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Hatsumi Videos from the 80's
Village Old Timer
From Dayton, Ohio
Group:
Mark,

I assume that you have received permission from Soke to commercially sell these videos. Is this permission plainly visible in some way so that we would know we can see them without committing any mortal sins?

Marty

Posted on: 2006/4/7 17:33

Re: Hatsumi Videos from the 80's
Frequent Visitor
From Chicago
Group:
Marty, please find both mine and Gregs comments within this post. I figured this question may get asked over and again so I discussed it with him on the best way to communicate to the Bujinkan community that there is no hanky panky going on here. When Greg refers to Soke Tapes, they were originally on VHS and have now been transferred to DVD, which is what is being offered for sale. Originally there were 3 and Greg has more footage that we're working to put onto future releases of previously unseen material.

Thanks,
Mark Agostino
Bujinkan since 1984

Marty
I understand you inquired about the 'legitimacy' of my Soke Tapes. Good for you. I wish more people showed that kind of integrity. The fact is, they were filmed when I was living there (1985-1989) and have been for sale since 1990, originally in magazines, and then by mail or at seminars, Taikai etc. All with Soke's permission. In fact he is the one who told me to offer them for sale and yes, I have a release signed by him. I imagine I am one of the only ones who does. Most of the old crowd know about them if you care to ask around. Andrew, Mark O, Phil L, Jack Hoban, SKH, Bill Atkins, etc, etc, etc, all had copies from the original batch, and you can ask Soke himself. As for posting, or sending a copy for people to see my 'permission slip' etc....

I have given Mark Agostino my permission to handle these tapes therefore he has a copy so he can legally represent me. Other than that, considering the kind of stuff that goes on, Bjkn menkyo for sale on E bay, creative editing and all that, I am sure you can understand why there is no way I am going to put that piece of paper 'out there' for people to copy, alter, etc. Forgeries of that would be worth more than anything I ever made selling the tapes. So I am afraid you will have to trust me, or ask around as I mentioned before. If you suspect that this e mail is a fraud you can check with me via - GKowa32134@aol.com or call 203-269-4407. I hope this answers your question to your satisfaction.

Yours truly -

Greg Kowalski - 14th Dan
New England Ninjutsu
Bujinkan since 1981

Posted on: 2006/4/8 4:14

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor