Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Seminar Forum to Be Discontinued
村長 :: Sonchou
From Chiba, Japan
Group:
村長 :: Admin
村民 :: Villager
Hi All,

Just a note to let everyone know that the Seminar Forum will soon be discontinued. This has been replaced by the Event Calendar module. A link titled Event Calendar should show up in the Main Menu on the left of the screen (for registered users). Clicking on this will do two things:

1) Display a calendar in the main part of the screen. There are clickable images at the top right part of this screen which allow you to toggle back and forth between different views of the calendar - month, year, week, and list views.

2) A new link called Submit will appear underneath the Event Calendar link on the left. If you want to post a seminar or other such event, click on this Submit link, which will take you to a screen where you can add all kinds of information about the event.

Other ways of adding events: You can also navigate in the calendar to the starting date of the event, click on the number of that date, and then click the Add an event link, or just click on the pencil icon in the top right corner of any day in the calendar to add an event starting on that day.

This Event Calendar will make it easier for people to see what events are going on, on what dates and in what places just by looking at the Calendar. Much easier than scrolling down through a list of seminars and clicking back and forth between different seminar posts trying to figure out which one is going on on what dates and such.

Please use the Event Calendar from now on, instead of posting under the Seminar forum.

Feedback is welcome, of course.

Thanks,

Shawn

Posted on: 2006/6/21 0:11
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Seminar Forum to Be Discontinued
From Chiba, Japan
Group:
Please note that the same donation to Kutaki is required to post events in the Event Calendar as has been required to post seminars in the Seminar Forum all along.

Thanks for your understanding,

Shawn

Posted on: 2006/6/21 9:07

Villager
Group:
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
Shawn,

Just so I understand, people cannot view the event calendar unless they are registered members of KnM?

Doug Tweedy
Bujinkan Shima Dojo
Richmond, VA
www.rvabujinkan.com

Posted on: 2006/7/13 22:57

Cant Stay Offline
From Pennsylvania, USA
Group:
議長 :: Mod
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
Shawn, I tried to add a post to the Moti Nativ Seminar I'm holding and can't. How can I let people know that they can also pay via paypal using my account flyboy@zdial.com ? Is there any way I can add information or must it all be done now via the calendar method even for those seminars posted before going to the event calendar? Any info you can provide will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Ed Martin aka Papa-san

Posted on: 2006/7/13 23:19

From Chiba, Japan
Group:
Doug,

Good point. The Events Calendar module was not initially viewable to non-registered viewers of the site. However, the Seminars forum always has been, so I've made the Event Calendar viewable to everyone now as well.

Ed,

Add your seminar to the Event Calendar with any information you want to provide. Since you've already listed it in the Seminars Forum, no additional donation is required - it will be approved and show up along with the other seminars there.

Please PM me or post again here if you have any questions or need more information.

Best wishes,

Shawn

Posted on: 2006/7/14 6:15

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor