Socialize

Recent Topics

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

New DVD released on Aug 19
Village Old Timer
Group:
村民 :: Villager
議長 :: Mod
Anyone have any information on the new Bujinkan DVD {#29 in the series) that is out on Aug 19th?

玉虎流骨指術

Gyokko Ryu Koshi-jutsu

Is my translation correct?

Posted on: 2006/8/8 21:47
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: New DVD released on Aug 19
村長 :: Sonchou
From Chiba, Japan
Group:
村長 :: Admin
Normally the romanization is "kosshi" (bone + finger) rather than "koshi" (hip).

Other than that, looks good - I'm looking forward to this DVD!

S

Posted on: 2006/8/8 22:02

Village Old Timer
Group:
Quote:

kouryuu wrote:
Normally the romanization is "kosshi" (bone + finger) rather than "koshi" (hip).

Other than that, looks good - I'm looking forward to this DVD!

S

Thanks, Shawn. I had tried to edit my post to make it 'kosshi' but I got the message saying that I had to wait before posting again, so I just left it.

I too am looking forward to this DVD.

Posted on: 2006/8/8 23:18

Kutaki Postmaster
Group:
please keep us informed!

thank you,

Paolo

Posted on: 2006/8/11 20:09

Village Old Timer
Group:
This the description that I found on Richard Van Donk's internet store.

"GYOKKO RYU KOSHIJUTSU DVDThis dvd is a 'must have' for both beginners and advanced students alike who want to develop a strong Taijutsu Foundation!! ---------------------------------------------------------Subtitled 'From Foundation To Creation To Penetration' this Gyokko Ryu video offers the roots for the foundation of much of the taijutsu (body movement) we practice in Ninjutsu. The Kihon Happo is covered in detail plus the Sanshin No Kata forms of Earth, Water, Fire, Air and Void are done both empty handed and with a weapon. Postures include Ichimonji, Hicho, Jumonji and variations on these postures (kamae) are also demonstrated. Sword evasion, several defense forms against knives, swords, chokes and grabs. Focus is placed on unarmed sword defense at the end of tape. In total 17 traditional wazas are taught. Japanese narration by Soke Hatsumi with English"

Does this sound familiar to anyone? I am hoping there is new footage mixed in with some of the older stuff that sounds familiar. Has anyone viewed this video yet?

Posted on: 2006/9/2 15:05

Cant Stay Offline
From Hamina, Finland
Group:
師導士会 :: Shidoshikai
I seem to recall the reason for new footage for the DVDs - instead of simply transferring the VHS to DVD as is - was that certain footage needed to be reshot due to certain performer, no longer in the Bujinkan.... And remember this individual having been a lot on the Gyokko VHS....

Posted on: 2006/9/2 17:27
(Bujinkan Budōka since 1985)

Village Old Timer
Group:
I received this video today and threw it in the laptop. It is less than 40 minutes long, but if you take out the intros and outros it's probably closer to 35 minutes. The new footage isn't very interesting, it does have a few minutes near the end of hatsumi sensei discussing and using walnuts.

I think if you are interested in gyokko ryu the 2005 daikomyosai dvd (which is 4 times longer) is probably a better buy. If you have to choose of course. ;)

Posted on: 2006/9/8 22:22

Frequent Visitor
Group:
Interesting. Is there also a place in Europe where I can already order that DVD ... any links ?

THX Klaus

Posted on: 2006/9/8 23:37

Active Kutakian
From Springfield, OR
Group:
Gaijin (Inactive)
Walnuts huh? I guess I should get the DVD to find out. I have slowly been upgrading my collection from VHS to DVD...
I happen to enjoy Kobudo no Kihon on a monthly basis, making it my most watched DVD of Soke's... I am going to have to see about Shinden Fudo Ryu on DVD too, because that outdoor training was incredible.

Thanks for the input about this new video, i look forward to seeing it.

Posted on: 2006/9/10 16:53

Just Passing Through
Group:
I picked up the DVD in Ayase before going to the Budokan quite recently. The forms covered are the Kihon Happo, Sanshin and also the Taijutsu Katas....Renyo...Koku etc....Muto dori.......

I thought it was a good DVD and I recomend it to anyone who wants to see the basics performed by Hatsumi Sensei and the Japanese Shihan.

My only gripe is the length of the footage as I found it a little short. Apart from that a very useful and informative DVD.

Posted on: 2006/10/29 7:43

[Advanced Search]

Today's Sponsor